It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional engineer Jon Cole cuts steel columns with thermate, debunks Nat Geo & unexpectedly repr

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by FlySolo

The time to combust nanothermite is much shorter and the energy comes out much faster. The effects of thermate on steel are not the same as thermite

Yes, Cole showed this already in the OP. He also showed that thermate can cut steel, melt steel, create anomalies like in the WTC. So what's your point and why are you still trying to debate this? It was already proved.

. You are right that none of this matters because no matter what version is used, the demolition cannot be timed to collapse floors in a rapid sequence.

Why not? 1-2-3-4

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

That video just proved that those columns are the exterior. Geez man I wish I was getting paid per post for utter nonsense.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

Yeah, right. Try this www.youtube.com... between 1:08 and 1:16.

Not an asymmetrical collapse in the pancake theory. The narrator says it begins to fall towards the fire. This is not indicative to the OS. It actually proves what you're saying as wrong. Sorry

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Yeah, right. Try this www.youtube.com... between 1:08 and 1:16.

I watched the vid..Bit hard to see anything reasonably through all that smoke..

But what you are saying is the core stayed up..
If that's the case then why did the core collapse later??

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
S AND F Great find... I really love that this kind of information is coming out

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The professional thread killers.....

That is enough for anyone with half a brain to dismiss you. You live in a world where you think this discussion is mainstream, and that a simple thread on a BB that discusses Hilary Clinton being a reptilian is a threat to whatever convoluted conspiracy you choose to believe in.

I assure you, there are no "professional" thread killers here. And by that I mean there is no one from the "government" paying anyone to disagree with you. The simple fact is, your crowd does the government's job for them. Your lack of ability to understand that is why this is all a big waste of time.

I welcome the day where logic, reason and common sense steer the area of ATS in the right direction. Until then, if in fact there is a 'government' conspiracy, we have to understand that they don't have to spend any money or time to hide it, it can't be taken seriously due to the public display of ignorance that the online community seems to revel in. IF, and I do mean IF, the is a conspiracy concerning 911, all I can say is most folks trying to shed light on it are doing nothing more than making sure than anybody who questions if looks like a total ignorant nutjob.

Thanks guys.

edit on 21-12-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts because: Damn, third edit because I can't type. I'm done, if I missed anything and you can't figure it out the oh well....lol

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The exterior columns supported the core against shear forces.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

You cannot time sequential collapse using thermate/thermite. They are too slow acting. The buildings must have collapsed gravitationally after initiation. So much for the thermite theory......

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimistPrime

NSA pays me overtime, too.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

The exterior columns supported the core against shear forces.

I thought the exterior columns fell with the rest..

Which tower are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

this does not explain why steel, concrete, human beings, tables, chairs, computers, phones etc. were turned to dust and very little solid debris was found in the ruins of all three buildings. Three thermonuclear underground explosions (known to have been built into the initial design process to enable such enormous buildings to be brought down 'safely' in the case of an 'emergency scenario') explain pretty much everything and no one seems to be discussing this. will people please look into dimitri khalezov@the unhived truth or 911thology and have their minds exercised and please for bobs sake, start talking about this here....

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

This is the kind of thread that I like to flag. I also like to star this type of thread. The original conspiracy theory
(the govs. version of what happened) has been debunked to the hilt. Any last remaining hold outs should be slapped. I settle for ignored. Very much good.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

You are mistaken. I never claimed that thermite couldn't cut verticals. I said that it would be difficult. Further, Cole uses thermate, a different material.

No it's not a different material at all. Thermate is thermite with extra additives to make it burn hotter.

Well the point of this thread, again, is to point out that it's not so difficult after all, is it?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What's that you say, scientific proof?

The truth will set you free.

P.S. - In your face Popular Mechanics

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Yes, it is different. Thermate was designed to cut steel; thermite was not. t would require more thermite and a longer time. In either case, you can't sequence a demolition. You could start a demolition and have gravity do the rest, but thermate doesn't cut fast enough to kee up with the collapse speed.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I completely agree,
The OP has found a credible video that puts an end to the OS lies about thermite not be able to cut through steel, and he put to rest the puff and pop explanation as well. He proves it by demonstrating it not just gives his opinion and this is what I find very credible. Very few members in here want to use a red herring by deliberately distracting everyone from the OP. (Truth hurts) we can talk to these nay sayer until we are blue in the face. These few people cannot and will not hear us; they cannot even see the evidence in front of their faces. Why? In my opinion, is because their government can do no wrong. Being patriotic can be completely blinding to some, regardless of their IQ or education
Science is “meaningless” to a few of them as we see demonstrated in this thread.
The silly claim that there was no thermite discovered in the WTC dust is one of the most outrages lies I have heard yet. To make such a ridiculous statement as if it is some kind of truth is completely laughable, especially when one ask to present proof to support this kind of nonsense and all we get is ignored when we ask for the evidence. I completely agree with your post, your right on.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Yes, it is different. Thermate was designed to cut steel; thermite was not. t would require more thermite and a longer time. In either case, you can't sequence a demolition. You could start a demolition and have gravity do the rest, but thermate doesn't cut fast enough to kee up with the collapse speed.

What's your point in this thread??

What has been shown is that SOMETHING, call it what the fruk you like, can cut through steel while only needing relatively small amounts...

Do you agree with that statement????

If so, we can move on...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Yes, it is different. Thermate was designed to cut steel; thermite was not. t would require more thermite and a longer time.

Again we know this, your argument is pointless. Thermite can cut anything if the mixture is correct. Remember thermate is still thermite, but with more chemicals added to make the thermite do the job required.

In either case, you can't sequence a demolition. You could start a demolition and have gravity do the rest, but thermate doesn't cut fast enough to kee up with the collapse speed.

Oh so nothing cutting the columns could keep up with the collapse speed?

You must be suggesting thermate wasn't enough and there had to be something else? Because otherwise your point makes no sense mate. Nothing can't do more work than thermite, thermate, or even a guy with a hammer.
edit on 12/21/2010 by ANOK because: typo

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Don't bother replying to Pteridine, he's not thinking outside of the box.

I've already proven there are thermitic demo devices available that can be triggered by RF devices.

So yes, it IS POSSIBLE, and IT DOES EXIST.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/806533f936d1.jpg[/atsimg]

The reference to this topic can be found in a paper called, "Microchip Ignition of Nanothermite Materials"

Some excerpts of this summary include:

Miniaturized ignition systems based on microfabrication techniques are appealing
due to their small size, integrated circuit (IC) compatibility, low energy consumption, and
inexpensive batch fabrication[1]. These micro-devices find applications to ignite smart
munitions and initiate at selected points.

Nanoenergetics, specifically nano-engineered thermites, exhibit unique
combustion performance and sensitivity characteristics that place them in a class of their
own. The main characteristic that sets them apart is the ability to tune their performance
and sensitivity from that of conventional propellants to high-explosives [2,3,4]. It is the
controllability of combustion properties that make them suitable for use in a wide range
of micro-devices applications

One useful characteristic of a versatile ignition source is the
ability to trigger it using CMOS circuits, thus opening the possibility for unique
applications by use of simultaneous, or sequential, triggering of the events with great
precision. This requires low-voltage and low-current operation of the device.

These circuits can be printed on glass like substrates.

*CMOS = Complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor which is a tech acronym for parts found
in everyday computers and home electronics.

Using this type of circuitry can allow for RF (radio frequency) transmitting which eliminates the need
for wires, Detcord, or any other conventional methods of setting charges. This may also explain why
there were no obvious signs of demolition igniters, or detonation wire in the debris.

Although this is a theory, it sure lends itself to making a quicker and easier rigging of a 110 storey
building. Imagine the time saved by having these tiny microcircuits in place instead of wires stringing
from floor to floor.

You would simply place the circuit in the specific location and walk away. Ignition happens via a
computer program and transmitted by radio frequency (like a cell phone signal).

Sources and Authors

1 C. Rossi, D. Estève, Micropyrotechnics, a new technology for making energetic microsystems:
review and prospective, Sens. Actuators, A, 120 (2005) 297–310.
2 R. V. Shende, S. Subramanian, S. Hasan, S. Apperson, K. Gangopadhyay and

S. Gangopadhyay, P. Redner, D. Kapoor and S. Nicolich, Nanostructured Energetic Materials,
Session M, 25th Army Science Conference, Orlando, FL, 2006.

3 B. Mehendale, R. Shende, S. Subramanian, S. Gangopadhyay, P. Redner, D. Kapoor, S.
Nicolich, Nanoenergetic Composite of Mesoporous Iron Oxide and Aluminum Nanoparticles, J.
Energ. Mater., 24 (2006) 341–360.

4 S. Apperson, R. Shende, S. Subramanian, D. Tappmeyer, S. Gangopadhyay, Z. Chen, K.
Gangopadhyay, P. Redner, S. Nicholich, and D. Kapoor, Generation of Fast Propagating
Combustion and Shock Waves with Copper Oxide/Aluminum Nanothermite Composites, Appl.
Phys. Lett., 91 (2007) In publication.

5. M. Hossain, S. Subramanian, S. Bhattacharya, Y. Gao, S. Apperson, R. Shende, S. Guha, M.
Arif, M. Bai, K. Gangopadhyay, and S. Gangopadhyay, Crystallization of amorphous silicon by
self-propagation of nanoengineered Thermites, J. Appl. Phys., 101, (2007), 054509.

6 S. Son; B. Asay; T. Foley; R. Yetter; M. Wu; G. Risha, Combustion of Nanoscale Al/MoO3
Thermite in Microchannels, J. Propul. Power, 23, (2007) 715-721.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a82a8457e20.jpg[/atsimg]

More info in my reserach thread: Igniting Nano Thermite without Detcord
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-12-2010 by turbofan because: fix tags

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I welcome the day where logic, reason and common sense steer the area of ATS in the right direction. Until then, if in fact there is a 'government' conspiracy, we have to understand that they don't have to spend any money or time to hide it, it can't be taken seriously due to the public display of ignorance that the online community seems to revel in. IF, and I do mean IF, the is a conspiracy concerning 911, all I can say is most folks trying to shed light on it are doing nothing more than making sure than anybody who questions if looks like a total ignorant nutjob.

Thanks guys.

Have you ever considered the fact that an increasingly large chunk of the population looks at people who blindly follow mass media and take the government for their word, or believe they are simply incompetent all the time, in the same light? Ie, that all of these people towing the status quo into blissful oblivion are literally ignorant and mentally unsound? We could throw all the same trash talk right back at you and mean every word, and we actually would have logic and reasoning on our side. Something like 2/3 of New Yorkers and 50% of the population as a whole would like to see a more thorough investigation of 9/11, as of a few years ago by scientific surveys (Zogby, etc.). Other more recent polls have shown Americans angrier at the federal government than ever before, and that hardly anyone trusts MSM anymore. Just give it a few more years and see how much brighter and happier we're all going to be.

That doesn't mean all these people believe 9/11 was an inside job, but those numbers are growing right along side of all the others.

There comes a time when even the most blindly devout "patriots" who would never think their own government could ever do the things that, say, Nazi Germany, or Soviet Russia, or Communist China or Fascist Italy or Imperial Japan did, need to wake up and see a duck for a duck. For all of those people it came little too late, if ever. We spend as much on our military today as the rest of the world combined. There's "red flag" numbero uno. The rest of the world combined. Google it if you don't believe me. That's not including so-called "black budgets." Events like 9/11 do nothing but generate more war for more trillions in profits to the companies that sponsor them. Vietnam was started over an event (Gulf of Tonkin) that the NSA now admits never happened. 30,000 Americans lost their lives -- in a war based on an event that never actually happened. You getting all of this? 30,000 American soldiers dead based on a lie in the 1970's -- on the record as fact now?

When you take all of this into account and put it into historical context, WHO IS BEING IGNORANT?

You can come back with whatever cute comeback you like but you have more at stake than an internet argument, and that will remain. If only some of the historical eras of the countries I listed above had more outspoken, vigilant and active "conspiracy theorists," maybe (and that's a damned big "maybe") we wouldn't have had quite as many mass-murders in the name of... what again? Too many sheep and not enough wolves in all of those times and places, to do anything to stop the insanity. Or maybe it's just too overwhelming to think of butting heads with such an out-of-control system so you rather pretend it's not even there, that's what I REALLY think the problem is. And yet you want to call us all "nutjobs." From where I'm sitting that feeling is mutual, right back at you buddy, with a little 'you're implicitly condoning the unjustified slaughter of thousands of Arabic people' on the side.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join