It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional engineer Jon Cole cuts steel columns with thermate, debunks Nat Geo & unexpectedly repr

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Josephus23

Ok, I guess I have to put up.

Collapse of North Tower with core standing www.youtube.com...

This is the best version I have seen; you can clearly see it between 15 and 19 seconds.

And the comment in the youtube clip states the core collapsed from the bottom up. You can see it swaying. At any rate, those two beams swaying in the wind are hardly enough to consider structural integrity

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thanks for posting those videos. I remember seeing the RFI video, but never saw the one about 9/11. Do you know where that press conference was at?

I personally think there would be government pressure on them not to do any show related to 9/11 considering how popular the show is.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

He wants attention and adulation and needs his ego fed

Has Jones confided sweet nothings in your ears about his personal feelings? I would like to know who told you this nonsense and why would you believe in such garbage?

Look up on Carl Jung's work on projection and the subconscious. It's amazing what you can tell about someone based on what they are accusing others of and all the things they hold contempt for in life. Not that you couldn't reach the same conclusions from other methods.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
I'm pretty sure I've never posted in this forum.
Haven't spent much time in it, either.
I did, however see that NatGeo truth vs. Science thingy,
and the video in the OI.P. pretty much blew that whole show out of the water.

It's responses like this that make this whole thread worthwhile. This is where the real liars are exposed, and it isn't the "truthers."

If only they'd air Jonathan Cole debunking National Geographic on cable television next time they rerun that propaganda hit piece, which we all know they never will, that much more sanity could be restored.

At least we still have the internet.

edit on 20-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
I'm not saying its CGI but I do think you people are nuts. If national geographic did a video saying thermite wouldn't do that then what did they use?

Um, why don't you watch the video in the OP....?

National Geographic apparently used 175 pounds of thermite spread haphazardly and obviously ineffectively, it didn't do what it was supposed to, and they therefore conclude thermite "of any type" would be unable to melt through steel columns.

Don't take my word for it, which is all from memory anyway. Watch the video in the OP. It has excerpts from the Nat Geo program.

What, you don't believe they air propaganda pieces in modern-day US of Amerika? Even everyone that buys into the whole left/right paradigm believes one channel or another is nothing but biased brainwashing, and it's not like massive media conglomerates own virtually all TV channels is it?

How does this video now prove 100% to you that thermite was used in 9/11?

What are you, trying to make me repeat the OP again within the very same thread?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

So, let me say this.. is there anything that you can do about it??
No? then stfu all of you and your constant sniveling and whining about EVERYTHING that happens as a matter of just being life as we know it. I have gotten so disgusted with this board that I have to just quit coming here and watching all the BS that appears here everyday bunch of f###ing losers and complainers, always with the silliness and not hardly anything constructive anymore, it use to be fun coming here, not anymore, some of you are intelligent most are not. this will be my last visit and post so to most of you (whiners and baby flamers # off)
LOSERS

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

You are mistaken. I never claimed that thermite couldn't cut verticals. I said that it would be difficult. Further, Cole uses thermate, a different material.

False

The main chemical reaction in thermate is the same as in thermite: an aluminothermic reaction between powdered aluminium and a metal oxide. In addition to thermite, thermate also contains sulfur and sometimes barium nitrate, both of which increase its thermal effect, create flame in burning, and significantly reduce the ignition temperature[citation needed]. Various mixtures of these compounds can be called thermate, but to avoid confusion with thermate-TH3, one can refer to them as thermite variants or analogs.

Care to retract your statement?

edit on 20-12-2010 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

And that Thermate he used was an unrefined material that was make within legal restrictions put on civilians. The nano thermite used in the towers collapse was military grade. Apparently you keep skipping that part.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

It is easy for someone like Jones to fool bright people who do not understand the details of what he has done and take his word for what it means. He fooled you. He cannot fool people who understand the details of what he has done, without resorting to fraud.

This is awfully big talk for someone whose problems with the paper are that you think the iron spheres were present before the reaction, despite what the authors have stated (basically just calling them all liars), and also that since the chips exploded in the presence of oxygen (which any braniac could tell you would have also been at the WTC towers) whether or not it was thermite wasn't actually proven.

So based on calling the authors liars outright, and saying their paper wasn't conclusive of proving the name "thermite" proper with a lack of oxygen (also despite the chips igniting more energetically than the same size sample of thermite anyway), you then go on to telling me for sure that I've been "fooled" and I "do not understand the details." I understand the details too well for your brand of crap to even get off the ground.

Does that mean I am a truster?

Truster is what I call you when you misplace all your skepticism onto the real skeptics who don't trust the malarkey official reports that you apparently take no serious issue with.
edit on 20-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by steve632

Peace out. One less closed minded individual.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve632
No? then stfu all of you and your constant sniveling and whining about EVERYTHING that happens as a matter of just being life as we know it....

This post almost made me laugh out loud. All I know I can do at this point in time, well, I am doing it. The day you and a few others take all your hostility and turn it to the people who were responsible for this is the day things will start moving faster. At least now you're angry. That's a start.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve632

No? then stfu all of you and your constant sniveling and whining about EVERYTHING that happens as a matter of just being life as we know it. I have gotten so disgusted with this board that I have to just quit coming here and watching all the BS that appears here everyday bunch of f###ing losers and complainers, always with the silliness and not hardly anything constructive anymore, it use to be fun coming here, not anymore, some of you are intelligent most are not. this will be my last visit and post so to most of you (whiners and baby flamers # off)
LOSERS

Now this is the kind of comment that I remember when I first joined ATS.

Man.....

Nap for just a second and Mr. Hyde rears his ugly head.

"He who employs emotion is unable to employ reason"
-Cicero

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by steve632

The irony in your post is poetic. I think Zorgon said it best, something like " the more people violently oppose the facts, I know I'm on the right track"

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by backinblack

Great thread..
And if he can do that just imagine what the US military have..!!!

Not that they would use it on US soil..

Plus I'm sure they'd only sell or give such tech to their most highly trusted favored allies so we're still left wondering how did those cunning conniving Muslims get hold of the stuff and the means to deploy it?

The military gets it from the defense corporations. You try to make it sound as if our military manufactures that stuff. Yet, you know that it doesn't. Our military buys everything it has from Corporate America. You want to know who had access to stuff that no one but our own military uses, then look at the bastards who sell it to them. Not that I need to explain that obvious fact to you.

Then, look at who made trillions off the whole parade that's followed the 9/11 Attacks and stand to make trillions more in the forseeable future. We only need to follow the money on this one. Look, I'm going to give a heads up to the OCT defenders that are getting paid to fight this battle on these big national and international boards. Stop working this disinformation campaign. The money isn't going to be worth it when the lid pops on this thing. At some point the IP addresses of you accessory-after-the-fact marketing weenies are going to be collected and "I needed the job" isn't going to be a defense. Be careful with this campaign. Bush/Cheney isn't in charge of the Justice Department anymore, and the word is that the ducks are being lined up to shut down the Anthrax insurance policy. Get out while you still can.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You can tell that no core structure is in the video? You can see the long exterior columns [Gage goes under the bus] and none of what is there is core?

Interpret away, slick.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

You can tell gauge of the steel through all the dust? You must not see the exterior of the building still attached to those columns because of the dust too right? Keep clinging to that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That is not the core.
That is the OUTSIDE of the building.

The core would not sway in the wind or buckle like the long vertebral steel beams that are JUST like the ones on the outside of the building.
The core would be similar to a foundation. It was made a layer at a time, horizontally. It was not constructed in long VERTICAL columns.
The columns were vertical in the end, but each portion was a poured concrete horizontal core.

I will repeat.
What you are seeing is the outside of the building.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

reply to post by ANOK

You are mistaken. I never claimed that thermite couldn't cut verticals. I said that it would be difficult. Further, Cole uses thermate, a different material.

False

The main chemical reaction in thermate is the same as in thermite: an aluminothermic reaction between powdered aluminium and a metal oxide. In addition to thermite, thermate also contains sulfur and sometimes barium nitrate, both of which increase its thermal effect, create flame in burning, and significantly reduce the ignition temperature[citation needed]. Various mixtures of these compounds can be called thermate, but to avoid confusion with thermate-TH3, one can refer to them as thermite variants or analogs.

Care to retract your statement?

No, I don't. "In addition to thermite, thermate also contains sulfur and sometimes barium nitrate, both of which increase its thermal effect, create flame in burning, and significantly reduce the ignition temperature."

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

That that is proving what exactly? Surely does nothing to disprove that nano thermite was used in the demolition of WTC 1 and 2.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here is a link to a thread I did awhile back with supporting documentation. I copied some of the text and links for convenience.

Evidence of Nanothermite

Here are the documents:

Dept of Energy

Lawrence Livermore Labs

Lawrence Livermore Labs

Department Of Energy FOIA Records For Nano-Explosive Materials Development Circa 2001

For those of you familiar with Aidan Monaghan he has turned up more provocative government documents using the Freedom of Information Act. This group of articles are scientific papers from the likes of Lawrence Livermore Labs describing "Aerogel" nanothermite materials.

One paper is dated August 18, 1997 and shows conclusive proof of a completely new and original explosive material that have achieved "burn rates 1000 times that of conventional powder mixes." Remember the NatGeo thermite experiment???

- The existence of nanothermite production facility at US Navy's Indian Head facility (just outside of Washington)
- Cost and timing of these production facilities built in the 1990s
- Job adverts for these facilities
- Conferences before Sept 2001 where the versatility of nanothermite was discussed
- articles on the military "energetic" uses of nano-materials
- evidence that the only other known nanothermite production facility, the SNPE facility (located next to the AZF factory) (in France) blowing up 10 days after 9/11 - blowing out every window in Toulose! This explosion was blamed on a Muslim that had started worked at the facility just 5 days earlier.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join