It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional engineer Jon Cole cuts steel columns with thermate, debunks Nat Geo & unexpectedly repr

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+318 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Professional engineer Jon Cole cuts steel columns with thermate, debunks Nat Geo & unexpectedly reproduces WTC anomalies

Skip to 10:00 to see the reactions occurring and melting the vertical steel columns. Engineer Jonathan Cole tries several different configurations, including one that would fit completely inside the bolt-access holes of WTC perimeter columns, and a configuration that only destroyed the bolts between perimeter columns. Some exploded, or generated quick successions of small explosions, others only produced flows of molten iron. He put together simple devices himself using common, commercially-available materials, as he shows in the video.

National Geographic made a TV program trying to bolster the official reports and debunk conspiracy theorists, where they used 175 pounds of thermite and concluded that no thermite "of any type" could cut through steel columns, giving the impression that it was impossible.

Cole has not only successfully cut through steel with less than 5 pounds of a thermate compound as you can see in the above video, but in the process he's reproduced several anomalous events at the WTC, from explosions, to expulsions of gray dust/debris, to white-hot flowing metal and melted steel with the appearance of swiss cheese.

Cole set out to answer three questions:

1. Can thermitic material melt steel?

Conclusion: Yes.

2. Can it cut steel horizontally or vertically?

Conclusion: Yes.

3. Does it take massive quantities to do any real damage?

Conclusion: It takes only a few pounds to melt completely through steel that is over an inch thick.

In addition to this, he unexpectedly reproduced the following WTC events:

1. He reproduced a flow of molten iron identical to this flow filmed coming from WTC2 minutes before its collapse:

2. He reproduces steel reduced to razor-thickness and with holes eaten through it via the "high-temperature corrosive attack" of the thermate and just as the steel featured in FEMA appendix C from the WTC:

3. He reproduces the violent expulsions of dust and debris from the WTC witnessed both before and especially during their destructions:

4. He produces sounds (explosions) consistent with witness testimony, and he even compares his experiments to a witness's testimony in the video above at 12:35.

So yes, there are forms of thermite that can eat through vertical steel columns, and National Geographic itself has been debunked, along with anyone else who has in the past said this is an impossible. Pass this video along to the stubborn; they can't say we didn't tell them so.
edit on 19-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Good stuff! Great video .. Love it when people put it to the test and do experiments them selfs. But of course we must always remember safety first . The gu in tihs video looked like he had safety in mind. I cant stress that enough. Do not try this # at home people. Safety first. Its whats stopping me right now from screwing around with HHO . To explosive and i cant respawn

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Excellent. I was surprised when I saw the same kind of smoke being created.

The debunkers are always asking for proof....well, now they've got some!
edit on 19-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Jeebus folks, there never was any doubt of the way the towers fell.
1)The possibility of free fall speed being attained in a buildng collapsing normally with resistances being unequal, and the lower floors intact(as a very many of the towers were) is absolutely nil.
2)The pictures of the steel clumns which were practically burned into swiss cheese...no ordinary fire can do that even if it burned for days.
3)the fact that though the damage was mostly localised to the area which was hit by aircraft,the two buildings both fell straight down.and into their own footprints...(this is also impossible without the controlled use explosives to direct the manner in which the building disintegrates.
4)Exactly like other demolitions of similar structures, a high volume of cement dust bursts out of the periphery of the towers, and creates a huge cloud that follows the destruction downwards as the building comes apart.
5)large amounts of molten steel puddle in the basement and remain hot for weeks after the event.
6)the "collapse" of bldg #7 WTC is identical to the towers, and it was announced on BBC television a full twenty minutes BEFORE it fell!
7)There are many other reasons to be suspicious of the events of 9/11,but as far as the towers comming down as shown on national TV, it is obvious to most that there had to be explosives involved, in order to obtain the
minimum of collateral damage to other structures.The damage would have been an order of magnitude greater if they had toppled over rather than falling vertically into their own relative footprints.
No! Dont even bother Good ol dave! or the rest of you CIA plants...nobody is gonna confuse or convince me it wasnt so.
The people who argue over this stuff constantly are wasting their time,there is NO way in hell that those three buildings came down from the damages done to them.
It HAD to be assisted by thermate, thermite or other similar steel cutting substances....period.
Any reasonably bright 10 th grader could tell you the same thing....No matter what, who or high water,
The towers had to have been controlled demo.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I thought termite was a useful thing to melt steel with ease, even that show Brainiacs showed us that much..

Hell they used Termite on alot of things.. come to think of it wasnt that show after 9/11, why was there such big thing about thermite on that show.. This question just hit me.. not anything to do with this thread at all just kinda thought of it..

Anyway thermite + Steel = hot knife through butter.

Google Video Link

and on and on and on...

edit on 12/19/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Excellent. I was surprised when I saw the same kind of smoke being created.

So was I, it was almost like deja vu, even though most of the cloud was blown off-camera. Just shows that he wasn't expecting it either.

Btw I forgot to mention, it shows that part at 11:20 in the video. There are also excerpts from the NIST report in there talking about the explosive ejections from the building and how NIST was unable to determine what was causing them, of course, just like all the explosions that they just totally neglected to mention throughout their reports.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Aww man you have just saved my ass. A few people wouldn't believe me when I said thermite brought down the Towers, but

Who's laughing now?!
Thanks a lot OP!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
brings a hole new meaning to Shape Charge, thank you for showing this all i can say to none believers, told you so.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves here . Who knows for sure what compound the guy in the vid is using ?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves here . Who knows for sure what compound the guy in the vid is using ?

This is true.. to be a truly undisputable video, the guy must be shown removing the dry product from the sealed packages, mixing it, then applying it. Otherwise, it is an assumption on th part of the viewer that it is really thermate that is being applied...

That being said, what else could it have been?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This only brings up new mysteries, like how the terrorists got thermite inside of the columns, and how they got a hold of nanothermite. Who would have access to a high tech US military grade explosive?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well that is certainly a more believable scenario - and it is how I would have ensured the buildings actually fell - thermite cutters in just a few of the weakest parts.

However I don't believe what 'Dr jones' found was anything but paint flakes, and there are numerous other explanations for those iron spheres - also the molten metal has many other possible explanations.

Trouble with 'troofersim' is that it has allready 'prooved' beyond doubt that 100s of ton of explosives were wired up to every column on every floor, as well as nuclear explosions, bombs were even set of for some bizzare reason before the planes, sorry holograms hit.

Still - all this transparent nonesense is what I would ensure was plastered all over the internet as a distraction if I had in fact bought down the towers with a few well placed thermite cutters.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

This is true.. to be a truly undisputable video, the guy must be shown removing the dry product from the sealed packages, mixing it, then applying it. Otherwise, it is an assumption on th part of the viewer that it is really thermate that is being applied...

That being said, what else could it have been?

He shows in the video at 6:14: iron oxide, aluminum, barium nitrate, and sulfur. So it's not just basic thermite (iron oxide and aluminum).

But yeah, even if someone wants to argue it's not thermite, then what was it? It spews molten iron and melts through steel for God's sake, that much is indisputable unless someone wants to claim CGI or something next.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Trouble with 'troofersim' is that it has allready 'prooved' beyond doubt that 100s of ton of explosives were wired up to every column on every floor, as well as nuclear explosions, bombs were even set of for some bizzare reason before the planes, sorry holograms hit.

You're right as long as "trooferism" means "a person's inability to pick through hundreds of public theories to see if any of them make sense, so he jumps lumps them all together and makes them collectively make the least amount of sense instead." Yes, when you suffer from that then I'm sure it's a major problem.

Still - all this transparent nonesense is what I would ensure was plastered all over the internet as a distraction if I had in fact bought down the towers with a few well placed thermite cutters.

As a matter of fact I think it's the "debunkers" that bring up holograms and nukes 9 times out of 10, actually, especially on these forums. Check this thread as an example. Who mentioned them? .... So far just you. You see what I mean?

I gave you a star anyway just for being reasonable enough to admit that this scenario is not impossible.
edit on 20-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Great post!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Excellent thread OP,

The truth is coming very shortly i believe...

Maybe TPTB will finally admit that Osama was a patsy just like Lee Oswald

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Holy smokes 50 flags and only page 1? I can't wait to see this tomorrow morning...

That being said, fantastic thread and I can't convey enough how grateful I am for this information age we live in. Wikileaks, Anon, youtube, independent scientists with the ability to get the truth out. Damn, the government must be on high alert! Iran and Korea must be the least of their worries.

Crack this wide open, such a wonderful time to be living in!

Kudos OP kudos!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Excellent thread Op, I never believed any of those buildings came down by anything other than explosives. Ive been a welder and forger for too many years to fall for any of that government crap.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
This only brings up new mysteries, like how the terrorists got thermite inside of the columns, and how they got a hold of nanothermite. Who would have access to a high tech US military grade explosive?

You're on the right track but it seems you may be still looking inside the box for answers. Look outside the box, then burn it

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Great thread..
And if he can do that just imagine what the US military have..!!!

Not that they would use it on US soil..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join