It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: DoD Forgets 11,000 Wounded Servicemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Apparently, 11,000 wounded servicemen have been left off of official casualty lists because they weren't wounded in combat, i.e. hit by a bullet, or injured during an explosion. One of the servicemen in the report broke several vertebrea and ruptured three discs in his spine, and is permanently disabled. However, he is not counted as a casualty to the Pentagon.

www.veteransforcommonsense.org
The national press missed this blockbuster on June 18: the Pentagon confirms more than 16,000 U.S. service members have been wounded or injured in the Iraq War. DoD failed to report 11,000 soldiers who were wounded or injured. The TV networks and newspapers failed to follow-up on this major scoop. As Steve Robinson of the National Gulf War Resource Center said, "They [the military] believe that by putting this information out, it's somehow going to affect public opion." Donald Rumsfeld must believe that good public relations is far more important than medical care for our wartime wounded.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This type of thing makes me sick. These people have given of themselves to serve their country, yet their country turns it's back on them.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is a shame and I still have to debate with pro war people that believe that our fallen heroes and our wounded are supposed to be happy because in a war you are supposed to die or get wounded, what a mentality, as long as is not to close to home is ok for somebody else to die or get wounded. This war was not even about defending our soil.

AF1

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I was curious as to this number. When I saw F9-11 he did a short little blurb on all the men that were in injured. I realized that the only number figures I've heard anything about were the death toll, but thanks to advances in science and medical treatment, people who are injured have a higher survival rate than in the past. Once again it is clever manipulation by this administration to let the public know what they want the public to know.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Why are we acting surprised every time we get news like this?
If the news says civilians were hit, the public says OMG and throws their hands in the air as if it were news.
If we find out the govt. doesn't give a $%#@$ about us or anyone we throw our hands in the air and say OMG how is this possible!
People have NEVER mattered, they are resources (every company has a HR dept.) to be exploited and milked to make more bucks for those who already have lots. So why the disbelief everytime it comes up? [/

[edit on 6-7-2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Why are we acting surprised every time we get news like this?

Because it's just hard to believe that people can be discounted so easily. I can't imagine getting to a point in my life where another human's wellbeing can be forgotten so quickly.

top topics

join