It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21, 2012 - Did they get the date wrong? Is it actually Dec 21, 2010?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Good News / Bad News

THE GOOD NEWS! The world will not end on Dec 21, 2012.

THE BAD NEWS: The date has been moved up to Dec 21, 2010.

An astrologer, Victoria Peltz just wrote an article explaining that we are –
or may be - two years off in our calendar because of the confusion back in
the 16th century between the Gregorian and Julian calendar. In other words
when we interpreted the end of the age in the Mayan calendar as 2012, it
should have been 2010.

This never made sense to me because I thought we were only comparing the Mayan calendar to our modern-day calendar for comparison, so whether or not our ancestors confused our own calendar earlier on should be irrelevant.

For example if I start measuring a distance in meters, and then switch to feet, I can still tell that a tree is 5 feet ahead of me without having to go back and convert the early meters back into feet.

In the same way, the only question is interpreting the Mayan calendars, because once we establish their time, via astronomical alignments or whatever they were using for their system of time, all we have to do is convert it to our modern system that we currently understand.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I confidently predict that the world will NOT end on the 21st of December, 2010. I would definitely remember if something like that had happened yesterday. We will still be here in 2013 and the 2012 guys will start twisting the calender every which way to come up with a later date.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i was looking forward to the end, this needs to happen to mankind people are so cruel

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destroyer2012
i was looking forward to the end, this needs to happen to mankind people are so cruel

Forgive them for what they do not know...foster hope that the Spirit will sift its way through every soul.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Dec 21, 2012 - Did they get the date wrong? Is it actually Dec 21, 2010?

Yes. They got the date wrong.

Besides what do you expect? It isn't like someone will flip a switch. Cycles are gradual.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PAG1111

The 2010 rare winter solstice/lunar eclipse took place 11 days before 1/1/11. Too much going on here to ignore altogether that's for sure. 2011-2012 look to be interesting years.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
To be fair when my calender runs out I just buy a new one as I will in 2013

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

You Still Here ? because most of us still are !!!!!!

Sorry to make light but there must be some truth to the 21 Dec 2012 theory, it's either the end or the begining of the end.

Where there is smoke they normally is some sort of fire........there seems to be a lot of smoke about this recently.

I am a realist with my feet firmly on the ground and a CEO of a large company but don't plan to start reading any long books in December 2012 I believe something (don't know what is going to happen around that time date)

Dinomax

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm curious why this thread is even going still....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join