It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless carriers openly considering charging per service

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
looks like an attempt to keep common people off of the internet. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have a credit card or any means of paying for stuff online, nor does ANYONE that I know.

I would riot this.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am still struggling to understand how the FCC Net Neutrality move is palatable? Desirable?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You know we feed all of our money into these corporations it's no surprise they turn into giant money hungry monsters.

I wonder if this would cause independent countries to operate their own www, like cww(country wide web), surely they can't expect people in severely impoverished nations to pay these kinds of charges.

How would this effect mobile web surfing? I guess this would mean no more unlimited plans.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I am with you. Maybe we are in the same cafe right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I find it ironic that "Net Neutrality" does just the opposite.
When li'l ol me can have as equal a voice now as POTUS. . . . . yet with net neutrality I'll be silenced.

hmmff. Not so much neutral as "neutralized".

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
really interesting

its great how they seem to be improving things

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
When li'l ol me can have as equal a voice now as POTUS. . . . . yet with net neutrality I'll be silenced.

Not sure what your talking about
Are you ignorant of what Network Neutrality is overall, or are you spinning things so people will start opposing neutrality?

with no net neutrality, a service provider can decide to all but remove websites, and make super b-lines towards others of their choice.

Net neutrality allows you to visit ATS (if you want a basic example)

Wiki on it

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by beezzer

Not sure what your talking about
Are you ignorant of what Network Neutrality is overall, or are you spinning things so people will start opposing neutrality?

with no net neutrality, a service provider can decide to all but remove websites, and make super b-lines towards others of their choice.

Net neutrality allows you to visit ATS (if you want a basic example)

Wiki on it

There's the de facto concept of net neutrality, and then there is the American government's policy of "net neutrality" which is the usual doublespeak BS.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
When are there going to be some laws passed allowing for the protection of the free internet. God knows they pass laws for just about everything else. Every week there is some new threat coming at us from some company. corporation or politician. Honestly, there needs to be some rules and guidelines set down right now, otherwise I think my three year old will never grow up to know the internet the way we do know.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
looks like an attempt to keep common people off of the internet. I don't know about you guys, but I don't have a credit card or any means of paying for stuff online, nor does ANYONE that I know.

I would riot this.

With my limited knowledge on the subject, I believe the "internet" can be broken down to nothing more than two computers linked together. As long us common folk can still afford a computer, there is no way they can stop us from using it. We may just develope an underground internet, and use that as opposed to the mainstream internet, so to speak...

I may be wrong though, like I said, not too tech savy...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hatcookie

The only problem is connecting to computers in different areas. We may end up in the old days of BBS's or something. You could always go back the old phone modems, but make sure you have free long distance. Just call your friends wherever and hook pc to pc over the phone lines. Nah, this is going ti be a PITA.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hatcookie

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I would riot this.

With my limited knowledge on the subject, I believe the "internet" can be broken down to nothing more than two computers linked together. As long us common folk can still afford a computer, there is no way they can stop us from using it. We may just develope an underground internet, and use that as opposed to the mainstream internet, so to speak...

I may be wrong though, like I said, not too tech savy...

I think that's ethernet (or in other words, Local Area Network connection).

Internet is a global community that anyone can access and communicate on... and ultimately, it is only made up of 1s and 0s.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join