It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Thing/Story/Event That Keeps You Believing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What the title said. I would appreciate if some of the older members and skeptics that are still around came out for this;

For me, it's definitely Mirin Dajo: www.youtube.com...

He was filmed, and filmed in front of over 40 scientists. Scientists impaled him. He was X-rayed. Any explanations provided about "scarrification tunnels" are absolutely retarded imo. Even if he had no "paranormal," abilities, it's absolutely extraordinary.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My belief in the paranormal stems from my personal experience in witnessing a very close UFO as a child and a few less impressive ones in later years. This hasn't led to any type of spiritual belief for me. Quite the opposite, but I do recognize that what we experience isn't all that there is.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hehehehe...my own personal experience with the Kundalini energy rising when I was 18, without prior knowledge or understanding of Chi or meditation practice. And, some 15 yeas later, revisiting my experience and able to re-experience the same energy almost at will during my meditation practice. How is it even possible you ask??? I don't ask questions. I just live with the experience. What's your story???

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You know, you are a strange individual. There, you trashed my post about me dreaming/seeing a talking skeleton. It is the result of my third eye meditation and my experience with the Kundalini energy. And you called me delusional with such a hateful sentiment as if I have beaten up your mother. Obviously, there is something about my spiritual experiences and visions that you find them offensive. Now, you are starting a post asking people to tell their stories that make them to believe in paranormal activities. What is your intention here? You will become hateful and offensive again once someone tells you about a very real, actual experience??? Dude, get your head checked out first. You are the delusional one and possibility bipolar too.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

haters gonna hate
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Quite an exceptional specimen that Mirin Dajo... "It was not until he turned 33 he claimed to realize that his body was 'invulnerable.'" (Wikipedia) I remember seeing those films and hearing about him several times before, thank you for posting this.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by leemann123
reply to post by ChiForce

haters gonna hate
2nd line.

You are right. Check out one of his posts here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can read the hates there. His persistent use of bullsh-t and other forms of expressions to debunk all paranormal phenomenons.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
My belief in the paranormal stems from my personal experience in witnessing a very close UFO as a child and a few less impressive ones in later years. This hasn't led to any type of spiritual belief for me. Quite the opposite, but I do recognize that what we experience isn't all that there is.

That was about the exact same thing that I was going to write.

to a tee

Star for symbiosis

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The one thing that keeps me believing: stupidity.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by avraell

Wow, that is insane. This guy is remarkable, it's these kinds of things that make me believe. Also there are so many things that cant be explained, and so many experiences with the paranormal people have shared, that I can't not give some people the benefit of the doubt. I believe there are quiet a lot of genuine, honest people, and with all the experiences they share some of them are for sure true. I haven't had many personal experiences, but that doesn't keep me believing, call me ignorant or oblivious, but it is what it is. I'm not going to tell anyone they have to believe what I believe, but It goes both ways. Anyways, Thanks for sharing that video, and I'm looking forward to hearing others reasons they believe.

new topics

top topics

join