It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Eclipse on Winter Solstice, ATS get out your camera's and camcorders

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
abovetopsecret.com...

It makes me sad that such a glorious and once in a lifetime event that will be occurring on the winter solstice will not be visible to everyone here on the boards. With the spirit of giving and the kindness that so many on ATS have shown I ask that you please get out your cameras and camcorders to start taking pictures and videos of this very rare event.

So many people on ATS will not be able to view this spectacular event whether it is due to weather, location, or their schedules. In this age of technology I do not see why us here on ATS cannot get as many pictures and videos posted up for these members.

So what do you say? Are you in? Would you like to help out those members who are unfortunate enough not to see the event in person? Well if you answered yes then break out your cameras and camcorders.

Just because they cannot view this event does not mean they should not.

Tomorrow night (Monday), around 9 PM EST, I will create a thread where we can post all of the pictures and videos from ATS members. I am counting on seeing a large contribution, don't let us down!
edit on 12/19/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why wouldn't you just put the pictures in the other thread you already created on the subject?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Where exactly can you see it? I live in mid missouri will I? If the answer is no then thankyou so much for posting it when it happens! If the answer is yes;i'll be glad to help!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Well yeah I could always do that but then they would have to go through pages just to find the pictures.

I would like the input of the Mods on this one. Mods what do you think? New thread or put pictures/videos in existing thread?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Check out the link I posted at the beginning of the OP for more explanation on the subject. But here is a picture reference so everyone can see where it will be visible.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was just thinking it would be easier to have it all in one place but that is definitely a valid point. I will have my camera at the ready for ya but being near the great lakes I can't guarantee I will have clear skies as the lake effect snow likes to ruin these kinds of events!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

O nice I can see it! I'll have my vidocamera out!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is great, two people so far ready to help.

I will have my camcorder ready, I already checked the weather and it says 100% clear skies here in Florida.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It seems that we will miss it here in Australia, so thanks to those who will be posting videos/pics!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have a perfect viewpoint in Vancouver BC -

Right beside WA - state.

Will try to get out and film and post the results

-G

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Although the weather has not been agreeable in California, I am hoping to be able to have several different cameras including an Infrared camera aimed at the eclipse.

So weather permitting, count me in....

Johnny

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
As usual not looking promising for me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
has the eclipse already happened?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The eclipse will occur tonight (Monday night into Tuesday morning). The entire eclipse will last approx. 5+ hours with the total eclipse at the halfway point.

I was all ready to view it but here in So Cal, we're having the biggest series of storms moving through...it's going to be overcast from now until Christmas. Bummer....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
has the eclipse already happened?

No... It's still several hours away.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Western Virginia... what are my odds of catching it here, and what time frame and I looking for?

Hopefully by the time I get the camera plugged in and charging someone can help me out with an answer

and a question.. have a SOnydcr-trv/280 with nightshot capability..

so should I use that option, or just try to capture without it?
edit on Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:58:52 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here's some info on the eclipse from: Space.com

On the East Coast, it begins half an hour after midnight on Tuesday; on the West Coast, it begins around 9:30 p.m. PST Monday. In all cases, the whole eclipse will be observable before the moon sets in the west just as the sun is rising in the east. Maximum eclipse is at 3:17 a.m. EST/12:17 a.m. PST.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's snowing so I won't be able to see it.
):
Hope someone, somewhere gets some nice pictures.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So which thread is the pictures gonna be on?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey Misoir,

I'll try and record some video tonight, weather permitting. The clouds are starting to break up in my part of NY, so I might be able to get some footage.

Very exciting night!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join