It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Stream problems! This Is My 3rd Thread On This Subject! More Corroborative Evidence!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Coldest winter in 1,000 years on its way
By News on the Net Thursday, December 16, 2010
canadafreepress.com...

The change is reportedly connected with the speed of the Gulf Stream, which has shrunk in half in just the last couple of years. Polish scientists say that it means the stream will not be able to compensate for the cold from the Arctic winds. According to them, when the stream is completely stopped, a new Ice Age will begin in Europe.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Gulf Loop Current Stalls from BP Oil Disaster: Global Consequences if Current Fails to Reorganize
Sterling D. Allan
Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:13 CDT
www.sott.net...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Please do some damn research.....wow you people stun me

What do you expect from a group whose idea of "research" is to watch YouTube videos and read Wikipedia posts?

I've said for years that there should be a basic competency test for membership. THIS is what we get in return.

La Nina, El Nino and the various gyres ALL affect weather patterns in ways that are easily decipherable and somewhat predictable (about as good as the CRU models, if not better) over the short term.

No one has shown any connection between BP, Macondo and the jet stream -- pure fantasy!

Even if the OP could prove that the Gulf Stream was "shut down," the results would be far worse than a chilly EU/UK winter. The results would transcend the seasons, and there is no evidence whatsoever for such a change.

ATS used to be an excellent forum for exchange of anomalous trivia; today it is a billboard for the uninformed and disinformed.

jw

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by jdub297

Gulf Loop Current Stalls from BP Oil Disaster: Global Consequences if Current Fails to Reorganize
Sterling D. AllanSat, 28 Aug 2010 16:13 CDT
www.sott.net...

FALSE!

You cite a blog, citing a blog, citing a blogger:

This according to Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, an Italian theoretical physicist, and major complex and chaotic systems analyst at the Frascati National Laboratories in Italy.

yowusa.com...

Just serves to prove my criticism that ATS is a bunch of muttonheads, incapable or real research.

Find Dr. Zangari's "report." Put it up for analysis and scrutiny, instead of a bunch of idiots citing idiots citing idiots. Do you even know what the term "authority" means in research? Do you have any idea what a "source" is, and how you gauge its 'authority?'

Here's a basic primer:
YouTube is NOT an authority, although it may be a source;
Wikipedia is NOT an authority, although it may be a source;
(both of the foregoing are extremely weak sources to cite as "authority")
a blog is neither a source nor an authority; by definition, it is a precis' or summary of another's statement.

There is no credible evidence that the Gulf Loop or the Gulf Stream "stalled."

deny ignorance.

jw

edit on 19-12-2010 by jdub297 because: punct'n

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Yeah, every region in Canada seems be tending towards extremes. Worse, we're seeing problems worldwide. I'm doubtful this is something as simple as a harsh winter. But what worries me is that I feel the world isn't prepared for an over arching climate shift, manmade or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I already proved him wrong on that by posting weather balloon data showing the jetstream was still active.

And to the person that said the jetstream is influenced by La Nina.....thankyou for doing some proper research finallly!!!!!!!! As i mentioned, the jetstream location is easily available on the link i posted, and there is nothing abnormal about it

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

That is not true. It is almost the end of December. It is Canada.

There is snow and it is freezing.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

which has shrunk in half in just the last couple of years.

Grasping at straws, are we? The Deepwater blowout can not in any way be connected to something that started "in the last couple of years."

When you abandon your premise (BP caused a stall) for a result (a stall started 2 years ago), you have hopelessly lost all credibility.

So, did the "stall" cause the blowout? How sadly we confuse correlation with causation.

My income increased this year by 100%; is THAT a result of La Nina, BP, Obamacare or the death of Leslie Nielsen? They all happened the same year.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

So... are you saying that you agree that it has shrunk in the last couple of years. BP oil helping it along further notwithstanding.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

Umm, -40 in Calgary in early November, people stuck of 24 hours on a highway in Ontario due to a snowsquall...and as the poster I was replying to said, rain rain and more rain in the maritimes (since it's mid-December shouldn't that be snow in your opinion?). Those seem like extreme conditions for this time of year and I've lived all across the country, I'm just kind of glad we get a real white Christmas this year.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by the cynic jester
reply to post by worlds_away

Umm, -40 in Calgary in early November, people stuck of 24 hours on a highway in Ontario due to a snowsquall...and as the poster I was replying to said, rain rain and more rain in the maritimes (since it's mid-December shouldn't that be snow in your opinion?). Those seem like extreme conditions for this time of year and I've lived all across the country, I'm just kind of glad we get a real white Christmas this year.

None of that is abnormal.

Now if it was sunny and 30+C all winter, and winter didn’t return again the next year you might have my attention. Might. But as far as I am concerned I have seen absolutely nothing out of the ordinary for this season.

And quite frankly, the weather doesn’t care about my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No; I'm stating no such thing. But, your "authority" attributes the decline to something other than BP; face it.

Second; this thread is entitled "jet stream problems."

How pathetic that we change back and forth at will with no support, only to avoid direct refutation of an untenable premise.

So, where's the evidence that the BP spill affected the jet stream?

Where's the evidence that the BP spill "stalled" the Gulf loop?

Where's the evidence that the BP spill "stalled" the Gulf stream?

Do not cite a blog, wiki, or Youtube. Cite a publication with at least a little credibility. Show some objective measurements that can be verified by a third party. You cannot.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the cynic jester

This is what you are refering too: My post earlier....

"Ya some very abnormal weather in the Maritime Provinces as well, I have never seen so much rain in "December" , flooded homes and washed out roads , bridges etc.

We should be getting snow , not rain , and another "Rain storm " on its way for the 20 th of december, wth?

Dont get me wrong , I would rather rain then snow lol, no shoveling...but this is just getting silly".

Its the extreme weather thats messed up, Its almost seems like the east coast is getting warmer and less and less snow during winter months, more rain and warm weather, almost like england used to be, its a global "weather shift" and not global "warming" in my opinion.

kix

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ignorance runs wild here.

REPEAT AFTER ME.

WINTER STARTS IN 2 DAYS.

This is abnormal weather, and winter has not started yet.

Here in Mexico city we have been freezing our butts since 2 months ago.... this is not normal, even Can Cun where the Weather Nazis said global warming is here to stay, had the lowest temps ever recorded.

Maybe I am exagerating but my heat bill was 462 USD$ this past 2 months (I hardly ever used the heater home, if ever).

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kix

Honestly, it’s weather. It changes.

Seasons come and go. This year’s weather will not be the same as last years.

Can you predict the weather for 3 days from now? With how much certainty? When did we start believing in predictions?

I read a fantastic post somewhere on the internet today.

It said something like “Isn’t it terribly convenient that now, when a large group of Western people’s are ceasing to believe that God changes the weather something like “Global Warming” has come along to replace him?”
edit on 19-12-2010 by worlds_away because: horrible horrible grammar...... I sincerely apologize...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

.thankyou for doing some proper research finallly!!!!!!!!

On the oil spill and the gulf stream
It is the thermohaline circulation - "Conveyor belt"

Actually it is Bob Tisdale who has done a lot of research on the oceans. I just read and try to follow what he is saying.
Here is his An Introduction To ENSO, AMO, and PDO – Part 1

I have read so much on the subject I can not remember where the Jetstream /Ocean connection article is.

I am just hoping the changes in hte ocean cycles do not mean we are looking at another Dust Bowl.

....Siegfried Schubert of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., and colleagues used a computer model developed with modern-era satellite data to look at the climate over the past 100 years. The study found cooler than normal tropical Pacific Ocean surface temperatures combined with warmer tropical Atlantic Ocean temperatures to create conditions in the atmosphere that turned America's breadbasket into a dust bowl from 1931 to 1939. The team's data is in this week's Science magazine.

These changes in sea surface temperatures created shifts in the large-scale weather patterns and low level winds that reduced the normal supply of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and inhibited rainfall throughout the Great Plains....

The model showed cooler than normal tropical Pacific Ocean temperatures and warmer than normal tropical Atlantic Ocean temperatures contributed to a weakened low-level jet stream and changed its course. The jet stream, a ribbon of fast moving air near the Earth's surface, normally flows westward over the Gulf of Mexico and then turns northward pulling up moisture and dumping rain onto the Great Plains. As the low level jet stream weakened, it traveled farther south than normal. The Great Plains dried up and dust storms formed.

The research shed light on how tropical sea surface temperatures can have a remote response and control over weather and climate...

www.nasa.gov...

Cool PDO and Warm AMO seems to be what we are looking at now.

This is one model I hope is wrong especially since Congress just passed a law that will force a lot of farmers out of business. I really would like to continue eating.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

No; I'm stating no such thing. But, your "authority" attributes the decline to something other than BP; face it.

Second; this thread is entitled "jet stream problems."

How pathetic that we change back and forth at will with no support, only to avoid direct refutation of an untenable premise.

So, where's the evidence that the BP spill affected the jet stream?

Where's the evidence that the BP spill "stalled" the Gulf loop?

Where's the evidence that the BP spill "stalled" the Gulf stream?

Do not cite a blog, wiki, or Youtube. Cite a publication with at least a little credibility. Show some objective measurements that can be verified by a third party. You cannot.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

ATS for all intents and purposes is a meta-blog. So perhaps I shouldn't pay any attention to you anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Life on this Earth Just Changed: The North Atlantic Current is Gone
www.infiniteunknown.net...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
North Atlantic Current?
The jet stream is messed up over the pacific too.
In Calif we are getting a jet stream pattern seen only in El Niño years.
Except this is a La Niña year with cooler than normal water temperatures in the Equatorial Pacific.

We are in the middle of a week of rain from a Pineapple Express in Southern Calif something unheard of in a La Niña year.
en.wikipedia.org...

My view is this is being caused by the ash from the icelandic volcano still circling the globe.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Brits were having a cold one last year, too.

I don't think the present is anything special.

Media whining is at a high, perhaps.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join