It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the blank is this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
something very strange is going on with this thread post? mod are you a sleep, tried to find it on the recent post board but not there????

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

thats because Nellis is in Vegas. mccaran is further to the west then nellis. if you look at air force bases everyone of them has a Peremiter road

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As a previous poster stated, this is a target. This target is visible to aircraft. The triangle most likely points to a staging area, airstrip, or approach vector. As the aircraft approaches that narrow point that it is flying toward, all munitions will fall toward the target. A good pilot will hit the target, but the triangle allows for misses to a certain degree due to speed, wind, and other factors.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

do you have any idea how big this target is? its huge. i have never seen a target this large before.
i was thinking more in the line of space weapons or something from a far distance but this triangle is right near ET Highway

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You do realize that aerial, indirect fire (ie- Howitzer), and some direct fire even from aerial craft (mounted rocket / M2) require large targets and avenues of approach.

Imagine this scenario:

New aircraft and targeting technology is to be tested.

Objective : To elucidate whether new technology is viable in locating, and erradicating enemy threat without any outside targetting or coordinating assistance.

Scenario : Test craft will utilize north to south approach from vicinity grid xxxx xxxx, and make movement bearing south xx degrees from XYZ AFB. Unit will discern target marked ABCD, from targets EFG, HIJ, LMN, OPQ, and RST. Targets are spread througout XXX type terrain and could possibly be camoflauged using unknown methods. At your disposal is XXX technology, now under preliminary testing phases. This technology's stated capabilities are the ability to differentiate between targets using these types of camoflauge techniques. When mission complete, establish comms using XXX technology. If comms fail, revert to FH XXX.X on normal brigade net in the event of a follow on mission.

Scenario Two : Mission Complete, follow on is as follows. Report of XXX hostile in vicinity grid XXX XXX, camoflauge technique unknown. Seek and destroy, description is as follows .... xxxxxx ..... use extreme caution, relay photography of target back to brigade before any action taken. Utilize XXX stealth technology to remain undetectable. This technology is not garunteed and is in testing phase, should you become detected RTB. If confirmed to be hostile threat, brigade will make the call to kill or disable. Make no action without authorization. Nothing follows XXXXXXXX

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Where I was stationed at is the largest bombing range and supersonic overland area in the continental united states. Everything they use are small targets even with large bombs, and missles everything has GPS guidance. That target is several miles in circumference. I was thinking it was more or less spaced based maybe with satellitted or other intelligence, or to screw with us to get us to stop concentrating on A-51, LoL

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Don't be misled by the previous poster. While he might have been stationed at the largest impact site, it is speculation as to what is the largest range in the CONUS.

He is using wordplay.

To clarify :

Range can be best described as an entire football stadium (to include parking lot and adjacent buildings and roads), wheras an impact site might be each endzone. Since we don't know what this is for we can only speculate, and I have given a pretty good speculation.
edit on 2010/12/28 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The UTTR is the largest bombing range in CONUS

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I think I am being very specific when I say bombing range. I also clarified it by saying UTTR.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join