It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US water has large amounts of likely carcinogen: study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

(Please note that a) Oestrogen is not particularly great at evaporating, b) it's a progestin (synthetic progesterone mimic) in the pill, c) it is going through sewers, water-treatment facilities, but NOT, generally speaking, wetlands of any significant size. Even the everglades in America are a mere fraction of the size that they used to be. Not saying that they solve everything - they don't, it's just a handy by-product of a complex ecosystem that something, somewhere in it will find a way to break down just about every organic compound)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
Which cities I wonder. "35 American cities" isn't very specific.
I know of one for sure they found last year but the rest?

Here's a link to the report on the Environmental Working Group site:
Chromium-6 Is Widespread in US Tap Water

Here's a chart showing the cities where they tested tap water for this study:

edit on 12/19/2010 by americandingbat because: changed link to first page of study report

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

You believe that estrogen evaporates from the ocean and rains back down in contaminated rainwater? I thought that most of it was from runoff from cattle.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This thread is about a harmful chemical compound found in the water supply. I would supplement this story with another from the desk of my local news network KHOU Houston :

I-Team: Radiation in your tap water - part 1
www.khou.com...

HOUSTON -- Hundreds of water providers around the Gulf Coast region are providing their customers with drinking water that contains radioactive contaminants that raise health risks, according to state lab results and public health scientists.

I-Team: State ‘lowballs’ radiation scores in drinking water - part 2
www.khou.com...

HOUSTON—For more than 20 years, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality under-reported the amount of radiation found in drinking water provided by communities all across Texas. As a result, health risks to people consuming the water have been underestimated in many water systems where radioactive contaminants are present.

I-Team: Radiation in Houston’s tap water, long history of contamination
www.khou.com...

HOUSTON-- The City of Houston is one of the only major cities in Texas with radioactive elements, like uranium and radium, present in its drinking water, according to data provided by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and internal City of Houston e-mails.

Relevance to the 'debate':
☼ To decimate any debate as to whether TPTB* are concerned primarily with public health or the 'bottom line'.
☼ To make apparent that a slight suspicion can have large impact when pursued in an investigative manner.
☼ To leave no debate on matters of whether our water supply is becoming more unfit to drink each day.
☼ To leave no doubt on whom is a 'troll' as this information will be promptly disregarded by any who see it outside thier false paradigm.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So we can cure AIDS with stem cells, travel to other solar bodies, build the large hadron collider, but can't even get a decent water filter? Questionable.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks for that link. I see I am in a 1 ppb area. Funny, I didn't see it on the water report. Oh, almost forgot - our water comes in from the state above - which is all clear
)

I bet a lot of people don't know exactly where their water comes from ... it's often from a different town, or in my case a different state. I happen to know because I call them with questions when I don't understand something on the annual report. A good idea - keep them on their toes!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Brita filter, don't fail me now.

There's so many examples of this in our world that it's hard to take the initiative to take steps against it. And yes I think that is the sodium fluoride talking.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is a horrible thing ,water is indispensable in our daily life... I hope the water undertakings should do more to purify the water.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Unfortunately we as humans have damage the earth so bad, there's no way we can eat or drink something that is not contaminated sin some way, or is simply not natural. We have to accept the consequences of our mistakes

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The U.S. govt can't prevent poisonous chemicals from contaminating our drinking water but still we should allow them to handle all of our health care needs. Hmm, something doesn't seem right with that thinking but I can't quite put my finger on it!

don't mean to preach to the choir.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Whyhi.. I am not sure if you're trolling really hard or suffer from some unknown condition that was most likely caused by getting drunk on that filthy tap water. The government is supposed to do what is in OUR (remember, we the people?) best interest, which includes making sure that harmful chemicals such as lithium, fluoride, and sure as all hell chromium-6 are not in our drinking water. Saying that we should be thankful that they even filter it is extremely stupid. It's not like the government is doing us the favor.. the government is (supposed to be) US. It's not like we are some dumb cattle at the mercy of our overlords in Washington (again, supposedly).

Though disregard my rant as I am sure you are just trolling your way through this thread.
edit on 27-12-2010 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join