It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The High-jacked Forum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
You know it just amazes me, how many legions do I have to post to the Middle East to kill notions of their Gods?

Apollo is most displeased!

I don't envy you nephew once I am gone and you must deal with all this!

Maybe you should have handled it yourself instead of letting that bonehead Crassus go.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

I guess it depends on why you come to this forum. If you are looking for people to agree with you that masons worship Lucifer and eat babies, then well, I don't know what to say. I cannot agree that I eat babies if I don't. I cannot agree that I worship Lucifer if I don't. I feel that if some unsuspecting person reads all about how masons eat babies, and nobody stands up and mentions that only a snip idiot would believe that, they might think that there is something to that lie. In your opinion should we defend out position? Should we let lies be told and not reply? Should we ignore the "deny ignorance" theme and let it thrive? I suppose that would make for some exciting threads. 800 posts of idiots regurgitating Taxils hoax and patting each other on the back with the bones of those killed in the crusades. Tell you what, I won't post any rebuttals. That will be one less person with inside knowledge mucking up your lies. Enjoy it. Ignorance is bliss. Be very, very, blissful.

[Mod Edit - snipped profanity]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19/12/2010 by Sauron because: edit profanity

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
Okay, so I'm a woman. Women cannot be masons....so your little "conspiracy theory" holds no water for me, personally.

And yet, I stand by MY statements that individuals should have proof of *their* statements before making claims against an individual, organization, etc... People come onto the board and make wild claims of conspiracy about this group or that group, usually involving particular salacious stories about Freemasons, without EVER having known or been a Freemason themselves.

And I say....how would YOU like it if someone publicly made these types of claims about YOU? People who try to say "words cannot hurt you" have never been a victim of someone's slander or misplaced superstition.

lol I'm a Christian, we want to enslave everyone and kill all the homosexuals, remember? I don't have a problem with anyone defending themselves, theres just so little debate anymore. Every other conspiracy site has loads on the Freemasons, but not here. All of that is gone, because we have so many Masons derailing the threads.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

One Man's "de-rail" is another man's debunking informative post.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
Why can't I have cool rings?
You can! As Penn & Teller have said, Masons take an oath that only a Master Mason can display the square & compasses, or wear a Masonic ring. But guess what? You're not a Mason. You haven't taken those oaths. So there's nothing stopping you from buying all the Masonic bling you like!

(Likewise, Masons have taken oaths not to divulge the secrets of Masonry. That hasn't stopped 200+ years of non-Masons publishing those same "secret" rituals, because the ones putting them out there haven't taken those same oaths. (Or if they did, they feel OK breaking them...))

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I guess it depends on why you come to this forum. If you are looking for people to agree with you that masons worship Lucifer and eat babies, then well, I don't know what to say. I cannot agree that I eat babies if I don't. I cannot agree that I worship Lucifer if I don't. I feel that if some unsuspecting person reads all about how masons eat babies, and nobody stands up and mentions that only a snip idiot would believe that, they might think that there is something to that lie. In your opinion should we defend out position? Should we let lies be told and not reply? Should we ignore the "deny ignorance" theme and let it thrive? I suppose that would make for some exciting threads. 800 posts of idiots regurgitating Taxils hoax and patting each other on the back with the bones of those killed in the crusades. Tell you what, I won't post any rebuttals. That will be one less person with inside knowledge mucking up your lies. Enjoy it. Ignorance is bliss. Be very, very, blissful.

[Mod Edit - snipped profanity]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19/12/2010 by Sauron because: edit profanity

This isn't about how you guys eat babies, it's about how you guys work together to derail threads. This is a real conspiracy here. You guys are always on the scene ready to destroy a thread about the secrets of Masonry that you might not even be aware of. You star each others' posts, have your inside jokes, and take the thread so far off topic that it becomes useless. If there are secrets about Masonry, I want to know them. I'm pointing out that loyal members of a secret society are not good sources of information if the charges against their organization are severe. Taxil... uggghh you guys always bring up Taxil, so does Wikipedia infact. Anything anti-mason comes up and so does Taxil. Taxil was a mason and I've seen good arguments that he was a straw man.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Why can't I have cool rings?
You can! As Penn & Teller have said, Masons take an oath that only a Master Mason can display the square & compasses, or wear a Masonic ring. But guess what? You're not a Mason. You haven't taken those oaths. So there's nothing stopping you from buying all the Masonic bling you like!

(Likewise, Masons have taken oaths not to divulge the secrets of Masonry. That hasn't stopped 200+ years of non-Masons publishing those same "secret" rituals, because the ones putting them out there haven't taken those same oaths. (Or if they did, they feel OK breaking them...))
Is there a P&T BS episode about Freemasonry?
That would be interesting.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Arrrgggghh you are deliberately going off topic. I'm on to you and your dastardly schemes

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

You can have cool rings , all you have to do is buy one.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why is it you assume all here are Scottish Rite Masons or under control of the Scottish Rite? I'm here to counter the lies and misinterpretations spread by so many misguided or hateful souls that seek to lurk in their corner of the web. No one told me to do it. I did it on my own accord.

I'm not a Scottish Rite Mason nor do they have any authority over me. I'm Blue Lodge, York Rite, and OES. The Scottish Rite has no authority over any other body than itself. A Scottish Rite Mason who is a member of the Blue Lodge or York Rite is treated no different than any other member. They are given recognition only for their achievements in that body, not others. If you really wanted to use a symbol familiar with the entire Masonic Order, I would have used the "Square and Compass" not the "Eagle".

A conspiracy is often tore apart because it is based on lies, misinterpretation, misconceptions, and misquoting (cut-and-pasting only parts of quotes or editing something entirely). You have many here who know the history of the Craft and those involved.

The problem with those trying to defame us is that they come here and don't realize the stuff they are posting has been posting a billion times before and that we have squashed it that same amount of time.

What do you expect of us? To just take your lies on the chin? I personally don't like to suffer being lied about.

I counter the lies, more often than not its how we are organized, structured, and controlled by. Then the other lies usually concern religious beliefs.

Being a former member doesn't make ones testimony more credible just because your willing to believe it. One who is willing to break their oaths is someone who is willing to break their word and cannot be trusted. He is detestable. There is also the fact that not all who claim to be ex-Masons are who they say they are. Often those who claim they are or were sometimes cannot prove it.

Our rituals are out there and yet, I hardly ever see those used against us. Its always public books written not for official Masonic use, but rather the authors opinion, whether it is right or wrong.

I've also seen several people claim something and cite a source. When looking at the source its either not even there or the source even refutes the very claim. On another site, I've seen people cite "The Onion" a parody site. More often than not you are all very predictable in your sources and claims.

Our oaths are not blood oaths. A blood oath requires you to spill blood at the time of taking the oath. Our oaths require you to keep your word. If you break your word, you can be expelled if detected. No one is killed for violating their oaths.

I really hate when people pull one quote from a Pike book. If you haven't actually read the entire book, of course, you're going to take it out of context. I suggest you read the entire thing as it is quite an intriguing read.

Actually we are not bound to lie. We are told to be truthful. If someone asks me certain questions, then I tell them I cannot tell them. I'm not lying to them, I'm just not revealing to them. If one lies, they are not upholding the charges given to them to be truthful.

The only enemies Freemasonry has is ignorance, tyranny, and fanaticism.

reply to post by W3RLIED2

Jealousy is one of the fuels the fire against Freemasonry.

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I guess you have it down to a science.

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Our Temples won't fall. Truth has kept them upright since their creation.

Long in the tooth? I'm 26-years-old!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
And another thread derailed by snippets and off topic comments. Masons getting 5 to 6 stars per one liner.
There is no problem obviously....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

...know this: the claims you have heard from anti and ex masons may be false, but if they are true, a Freemason is bound by oath to lie to you.

Please show me where this directive is included in any one of the Masonic oaths.

Also bear in mind that if there is any great truth of Freemasonry, it is likely obscured from the majority of the Masons you talk to.

If this is supposedly 'obscured' from even Masons then how would you know?

"I got stabbed in the chest with a needle.. said an oath..
so i want you to too.. it's da Tooth!"

"I had my readings done with an e-meter.. having auditing..

"I was plunged in water.. said a prayer..

What is obscured is the simple fact, that all modern monotheistic religion is based on astronomy and the ancient mythologies

That we are older as a civilization than we think. That we have had access to the greater secrets of the universe, but lost it again, around the time of the great flood (from the withdrawing ice-age)!
You know, simple stuff like sacred geometry and the meaning of life

I've heard this stuff before and have my own opinions on this, but the use of the tetragrammaton in your name confuses me. Do you believe what you have posted here but are still an Abrahamic monotheist, or do you have another reason for using the tetragrammaton?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am a polytheistic pantheist

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This concept, as stated in the OP, seems highly fallacious to me. Allow me to illustrate...

OP authors a thread which states propositions "A, B, and C" as fact.

Member 1 comes along and proves that proposition "A" is actually a speculation, based upon incorrect data, and then correctly states that, without further clarification, speculation cannot be seen as "fact"

Member 2 comes along, and agrees with member 1.

Member 3 shows up and provides contradictory evidence to all three OP propositions.

Members 4, 5, and 6 run to the OP's aid and throw out the ever popular "Oh, disinfo is here." And then begin a mutual star fest.

Members 1, 2, and 3 react in kind.

Any number of pages then pass without the introduction of a single new fact - consisting only of interpersonal accusation and debate.

Fast forward a few days: New thread appears saying "Group, consisting of members 1, 2, and 3 derail threads on purpose" - when, in fact, all 6 members were responsible and the only real agenda was..... (cue dramatic music)

people like to argue and hate to admit they might be wrong!!!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The problem is not when masons correct information that is presented as fact, it is when the obvious derailment with off-topic posts and ad hominem ridicule gets so loud, that any meaning full philosophical and hypothetical debate becomes impossible.

All it takes is one person correcting an error, it does not take 20 masons that throws stars to each other like the next coming of Christ that thinks its fun to demeanor and generalize about an entire community which happen to have a theory about a higher echelon operating within the secret society structure.

The forums have suffered from this for many years now, and the problem has been addressed by the community and the administration several times. And while the administration have tightened the noose, specifically in the secret societies sub-forum, it apparently have not had the intended effect.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This thread has proven the OP thesis.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Indeed it has

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

How so?

I've just addressed the OP, directly. The thread is still very viable and on course, is it not?

Or are we defining "derailed" as "Someone disagreed with the OPs assertion and therefore has totally screwed up the fung shui of the thread?"

~Heff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Read page 1 perhaps, I am pretty sure you aren't the one tipping the thread in favor of the postulate presented in the opening statement.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Masons post sources and facts in most threads. Most conspiracies are based on stereotypes, hoaxes, lies, and prejudices. Both sides debate back and forth, but now you complain over some perception that the other side is losing? Its remarkable how so many have double standards. Its funny how so many here say they are for freedom and so on, but from many of those same voices I've seen comments leading to the death of Freemasons via extermination/genocide. I've been called so many names that I stopped counting.

reply to post by Schrödinger

And thank you for your one liner that brought so much light to the discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join