It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysteries of Nan Madol

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

This is a good topic I've never heard of it before and I to think they used some kind of anti-gravity or ultrasonic technology to move the heavy stones. Theres just one problem, you had to bring in this ridiculous Thiaoouba prophecy which is total BS!. There is no proof other than heresay that extraterrestrials have come to earth and interacted with humans. Plus that prophecy could be interpreted in a way that "Thao" the lady or whatever was not an alien but an Angel and the guy was having a near death experience.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Wow, I consider myself a student of the lost and ancient civilizations, and I had no idea about this place!

Ive always wondered whether it was aliens that were here living amongst men that are responsible for these massive structures all around the world. Or perhaps, we have devolved and were at one time far more capable in the areas of building.

As someone who has worked in construction, and knows how much effort and planning goes into even a simple building, its amazing to me that even our high tech structures are lucky if they last a few hundred years, where the ancient structures are going strong after THOUSANDS of years.

I also find it curious that the german guy who went into the tomb died the next day. Reminds me of the curse of the Egyptian tombs where the British guy and all of his workers died mysteriously. Is it maybe some sort of gas from being sealed for so long? Or something more sinister...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonSpeedN

Very interesting i will have to read more on this but to say that extraterrestrials or i like to think other humans visiting earth in the past and having contact with our colony here on earth is much more then hearsay in my opinion and saying angels and near death experiences is what happened is nothing more then brainwashing at its finest or just plain misinterpitation of storys from the past also my opinion. I dont agree what so ever with saying its just hearsay that we have been visited before and trying to use angels and near death experiences as an excuse that is no way to look at things with an open mind thats more like putting your beliefs first and not looking at things from outside the box please leave the beliefs at home and deny ignorance look at all the evidence and then make a statement thank you and again love the story i will look more into this ancient city it is indeed very interesting.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonSpeedN
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

This is a good topic I've never heard of it before and I to think they used some kind of anti-gravity or ultrasonic technology to move the heavy stones. Theres just one problem, you had to bring in this ridiculous Thiaoouba prophecy which is total BS!. There is no proof other than heresay that extraterrestrials have come to earth and interacted with humans. Plus that prophecy could be interpreted in a way that "Thao" the lady or whatever was not an alien but an Angel and the guy was having a near death experience.

What happens in a NDE?
Why have many cultures who apparently had no contact with each other tell very similar histories?
Why are there ancient sites all over the planet, and we cannot recreate most?
What are the limits of empiricism in our current society?
What is rational evidence?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Great post! S&F, I'd never heard of it.

I know what I'll be reading up on tomorrow now

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Destination Truth did an episode about this place, the history is indeed interesting.

I will find the episode and post a link (don't know how to embed)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
For some reason, I was expecting to be more impressed with them. The ruins just didn't have that awe factor for me.

While certainly, they are indeed very impressive. I was expecting more.

Nice work though OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The only real question for me is, how many times has civilization started over and why?

Good question! Modern mans linage goes back some million years,I believe there's much more out there yet to be discovered.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I think what fascinates me the most about megalithic sites, is not the sites themselves, but our approach to them. As a society, we think much more highly of ourselves than we should. And since that paradigm is perpetuated by the mainstream of social evolutionists, "science" and "education", many of our predisposed attitudes toward ancient cultures taint our ability to see what is often right in front of our faces.

Namely, that at some point in linear time, our ancestors were not by any means primitive, they were just different. And there focus was different. And they obviously knew things we have yet to rediscover (Or be made privy too). Things that in their time, seem to have been relatively common knowledge throughout the earth. Seeing that we find these structures all over the planet. And my guess is we haven't found but a portion of what there is yet to find. Or be made privy too.

Great post. S&F and

edit on 20-12-2010 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by Klassified because: Addition and correction.

I TOTALLY AGREE! This is the second time in weeks I have discovered an ancient site that left me agog. Pumu Punku moved me so strongly after viewing information on it - I felt almost dazed, really it altered my reality. What is even more impactful about learning about sites like this is I have been a subscriber to Archeology magazine for many years and I am dumbfounded so many of these sites are never mentioned. I have begun to wonder to about sites like Pumu Punku - why don't they just give you the facts and dimensions - why do they always attempt to tell you how primative peoples pulled this off with hemp ropes and stone tools?

I have begun to wonder if they will eventually disclose more reasonable explainations. I can't help but think of Tesla and his little watch tool he claimed could pull down a building - or the man who built coral castle. Somehow sound or magnetics must have been used, levitation methods we have yet to discover.

I agree we always seem to judge past civilizations as if we are somehow more advanced in all ways. Because we drive, we fly, we have computers . . . maybe they didn't need these things they had other methods we can't begin to understand at our current level of awareness.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I;m with the poster who is frustrated with logging on to ATS only to find yet another thing to study!!
I knew about this site but had no idea about the skeletons and platinum coffins!

I am onboard with the site was never occupied theory for what it's worth ... goes to watch Nan Madol videos

buh bye

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Good thread guys!
I have found it very difficult to find information on Nan Madol, I look forward to your research. Hopefully you guys can find new bits that I have not seen.
Here is a interesting thread concerning the theory that Nan Madol was a weather machine.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I think what fascinates me the most about megalithic sites, is not the sites themselves, but our approach to them. As a society, we think much more highly of ourselves than we should. And since that paradigm is perpetuated by the mainstream of social evolutionists, "science" and "education", many of our predisposed attitudes toward ancient cultures taint our ability to see what is often right in front of our faces.

Namely, that at some point in linear time, our ancestors were not by any means primitive, they were just different. And there focus was different. And they obviously knew things we have yet to rediscover (Or be made privy too). Things that in their time, seem to have been relatively common knowledge throughout the earth. Seeing that we find these structures all over the planet. And my guess is we haven't found but a portion of what there is yet to find. Or be made privy too.

Great post. S&F and

edit on 20-12-2010 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by Klassified because: Addition and correction.

I am right there with you on this.

I don't think we are where we perhaps once were as far as powerful sonic levitation and portable & personal anti-gravity devices are concerned, yet, but I do believe that in other areas of research, that the public are even aware of at least (experimenting with anti-matter at the LHC for example) - we are aproaching the level of technology capable of doing real damage to ourselves and our planet, thus becoming a candidate/target for extinction.

I fear if this modern age power and technology is weilded in a childish fashion in any way, then we're going to find ourselves in Nature's/God's/ET's bad books, and I'm pretty sure that means we end-up lost, wandering a familiar yet strange landscape, after a global cataclysm of unimaginable magnitude, AGAIN! (well, what's left of us will).

I hope whoever that may be has faith in us this time around. We as a lifeform and a species are too random, rare and beautiful in our known universe to not be something magical's creation in my opinion. I also think there is something in the growing theory about a signature wave (or pulse) from the centre of our universe that programs our DNA, as with all life conforming to the mathematics of nature (as we know it). Surely though, all of this is too precious to whoever's design this is, to simply smash it all to pieces and start again for the unknown'th time.

Always the optimist (haha)
edit on 20/12/10 by NibiruWarrior because: to add more stuff

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hello There.
This is an excellent posts guys. Star and flag to the OP. I have been always interested in this kind of stuff. I have found something on utube and would like to share with everyone here. The ANTI gravity devices and free zero point energy has been in government's hands for a long time but for some reason this all is being kept secret from the public or people are just sleeping...

I will try to imbed a video Hutchison effect. Note at the beginning of the video they say it has been known since 1979.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
These are the historically established dates concerning the island of Ponape and its satellite islets:

1595 Pedro Fernandes de Quiros, a Portuguese, landed from the San Geronimo. The first white men set foot on the island and saw the ruins of Nan Madol.

1686 The whole archipelago became a Spanish possession and was called Carolinas after King Charles II.

1826 The Irishman James O’Connell landed on the island with other survivors of a shipwreck. He was given a friendly reception by the people of Ponape and married a native girl.

1838 As from this year, the island’s annals record several visits by white men.

1851 Natives massacred the crew of a British ship. A punitive expedition turned Ponape into a bloodbath.

1880 Missionaries of various Christian persuasions descended on the island like a swarm of locusts, burnt age-old inscribed tablets and banned traditional popular customs.

1889 Spain sold the archipelago of Ponape (together with the Marianne and Palau Islands) to Germany.

1910 The islanders killed missionaries and government officials. Very few white people escaped the massacre.

1911 The German cruiser Emden shelled the island; the rebels were subdued and their leader publicly hanged.

1919 The Caroline Islands, including Ponape, became Japanese mandated territory.

1944 The Americans occupied the group of Islands during the war in the Pacific.

1947 The Islands became American Trust Territory.

Here is an interesting article about the platinum coffins from "the Gold of the God's"

The reports of fabulous wealth had enticed pearl divers and Chinese merchants to investigate the seabed secretly and the divers had all risen from the depths with incredible tales. They had been able to walk on the bottom on well-preserved streets overgrown with mussels and coral. “Down below,” there were countless stone vaults, pillars and monoliths. Carved stone tablets hung on the remains of clearly recognizable houses. What the pearl divers did not find was discovered by Japanese divers with modern equipment. They confirmed with their finds what the traditional legends of Ponape reported: the vast wealth in precious metals, pearls and bars of silver. The legend says that the corpses rest in the “House of the Dead” (i.e. the main house in the complex). The Japanese divers reported that the dead were buried in watertight platinum coffins. And the divers actually brought bits of platinum to the surface day after day! In fact, the main exports of the island-copra, vanilla, sago and mother of pearl- were supplanted by platinum! Rittlinger says that the Japanese carried on exploiting this platinum until one day two divers did not surface, in spite of their modern equipment. Then the war broke out and the Japanese had to withdraw. He ends his story as follows: “The natives’ stones, encrusted with century-old legends, are probably exaggerated. But the finds of platinum on an island where the rock contains no platinum, were and remain a very real fact” All that happened about 1939 I do not believe in the metal or platinum coffins Hexagonal or octagonal basalt columns, overgrown with mussels and coral, could easily be mistaken for coffins under the water. Never mind. The fact remains that Japan exported platinum from Ponape after its mandate in 1919. Where did all this platinum come from?

Very good read.
Source:www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is the link to the first part of the episode destination truth did here.
The link to the other part is in the description.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Thanks, Flyingfish, for this info. I had seen clips of these ruins many years ago, but did not pursue it further. Your info only makes these ruins even more intriguing.

SeaWind

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Your welcome

I've enjoyed the discoveries myself.
More to come!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
More images of Nan Madol.
Enjoy

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The only real question for me is, how many times has civilization started over and why?

Good question! Modern mans linage goes back some million years,I believe there's much more out there yet to be discovered.

Flyingfish, I'm glad someone else sees it that way: "Modern mans linage goes back some million years...."

According to Edgar Cayce, modern man goes back ten (10) million years. This is so far beyond what conventional scientists would even consider possible.

Conventional anthropologists & archeologists are way out of line with the lost true history of man. 99% of human history has been lost. We look at these monuments and can only guess at how they were built & for what purpose. What amounts to educated guesswork is taught as Truth engraved in granite. People who question are ridiculed.

SeaWind

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleIndianJr.
This is the link to the first part of the episode destination truth did here.
The link to the other part is in the description.

www.youtube.com...

Thanks, LittleIndianJr, for the link. Very interesting episode. They caught on camera a genuine light orb (the Japanese used to consider these as souls of the dead).

The most interesting part to me was when everyone in the tomb simultaneously felt a sudden dramatic drop in temperature. This in a hot, humid tropical jungle. The cold seem to seep from the rocks of the walls,

Then right after that, the leader of the team is hit with severe nausea. This is a classic symptom of psychic attack by a negative entity. The nausea was so severe that he threw up something like 18 times. This is completely consistent with the story of the German who opened a tomb and immediately grew very sick -- so sick that he died by morning.

SeaWind

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join