It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America through the eyes of North Korea: North Korean Propaganda.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I believe some of these images are true representations of the way the American military treats the people they're at war with. I'm reminded of the Sand Creek Massacre. Major John Chivington out of Denver commanded the troops. I read that some of the troops cut the genitals off some of the females they had killed and wore them on their hats in their victory march. They wanted the land and stopped at nothing to get it. That happened over a hundred years ago. More recently in Vietnam the US military eradicated whole villages, killing men women and children, and then setting the village on fire. I know people that were involved. I have one friend that really shouldn't drink alcohol, but when he does he gets all miserable and cries a lot because of some of the things he did in Vietnam. He killed innocent people. It bothers him to this day. There were atrocities in Iraq, we know that, thanks to Wiki-Leaks. I think they're fair representations myself.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

Yeah I heard they ate their guts and drank their blood too.
So where does North Korea have these paintings?
At the airport? Meusuams?
Elementary schools?

edit on 19-12-2010 by Mek-Tech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Way to derail the thread.

Who cares what stance he has. To me those images aren't that crazy compared to what is happening in Iraq and Afghanistan. Your posts are always disgustingly, blindly pro American but no-one ever calls you out on that.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think those pictures are quite accurate of the way the American Empire has always conducted business.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think those pictures are quite accurate of the way the American Empire has always conducted business.

. Nice un-biased look on our military there
Considering the fact that what you've said there holds no truth at all, you should probably keep your blatant anti-american garbage to yourself, its doesn't contribute to anything.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MareBellator

I'm an American, was born here but am not blinded by the Flag. America has a brutal empire and we only get a glimpse of the horrible atrocities that america commits around the globe.

Just pick a war and I'll show you some horrible things, that are even worse than those pictures.

The My Lai Massacre (Vietnamese: thảm sát Mỹ Lai [mǐˀ lɐːj]; English pronunciation: /ˌmi:ˈleɪ, ˌmi:ˈlaɪ/ ( listen),[1] Vietnamese: [mǐˀlaːj]) was the mass murder conducted by a unit of the U.S. Army on March 16, 1968 of 347–504 unarmed citizens in South Vietnam, all of whom were civilians and a majority of whom were women, children (including babies) and elderly people.

Many of the victims were sexually abused, beaten, tortured, and some of the bodies were found mutilated.[2] The massacre took place in the hamlets of Mỹ Lai and My Khe of Sơn Mỹ village during the Vietnam War.[3][4] While 26 U.S. soldiers were initially charged with criminal offenses for their actions at My Lai, only William Calley was convicted. He served only three years of an original life sentence, spent on house arrest.

Those pictures are quite soft if you ask me.

edit on 19-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Well im just gonna start by stating the obvious and telling you that those pictures are pure N.Korean propaganda, as in that stuff never actually happened ie branding people and throwing babies down wells so trying to compare those pictures to anything is quite stupid. You've obviously willingly (assuming you arent retarded) accepted those pictures as something that actually happened, thus you have fallen for N.Korean propaganda which is quite a feat. Now as for My Thi, you need not bring it up since Im already familiar with that incident (taught at my school I might add) and it seems to be a favorite of anyone trying to make our military look evil, which makes sense since its the only massacre done in part by a few of our soldiers that people with your same agenda can actually bring up. Notice how you copy&pasted all that, shows your ignorance on the matter. I would add alot more but unfortunatly im on a phone and well, its a nightmare responding on this thing hence why it took me so long to respond. Your not an American, and if you are, you should really consider moving since your so pumped up in trying to blindly show how evil our service people are, pathetic.
edit on 20-12-2010 by MareBellator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

THey use this kind of material because they know what the Americans are capible of. Just look how they treated Asian people in Korean War, Vietnam War, WW2, also people in Iraq, Afghanistan, & may other conflicts around the world where US stuck its big nose where it didn't belong. US Government not the common people.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The written Korean language reminds me of the typical languages you see in future-science fiction films. Just sayin'.

But yeah, all countries propagandise, that's why many in the west probably see the North Koreans as blood thirsty monsters.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
THey use this kind of material because they know what the Americans are capible of. Just look how they treated Asian people in Korean War, Vietnam War, WW2, also people in Iraq, Afghanistan, & may other conflicts around the world where US stuck its big nose where it didn't belong. US Government not the common people.

Hmmmmm........you seemed to have forgotten how those "Asian people" treated American POWs, and their own people, in those same wars.

And these pictures? Yeah, propaganda. NK is really quite good at it. Seems a lot of posters here on ATS have swallowed it hook, line and sinker. A little research into the behavior of NK troops during the Korean War would open your eyes a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join