It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America through the eyes of North Korea: North Korean Propaganda.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I may be mistaken, but I believe he wanted to portray the type of propaganda the North Koreans are being subjected to. Until I see something to convince me otherwise, I accept his post at face value.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Who said they weren't being subjected to it?

But let's be open and honest and not just show their possibly "Justified" propaganda and not show their Aggressive types that show them Destroying Washington DC and Hitting the US in North America.

Let's show all of it not just a selected few.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I can accept and agree with that. I am all for full disclosure.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Those murals/pictures definately have a communist spin. Every
country has propaganda offensive and defensive with different
goals. You can see the difference between the old paintings and
the new ones. In the old ones, it was more orientated to the people
of North Korea warning them of how Americans are in the eyes of
their leaders. The new pictures have a dualistic meaning in that
they should no longer fear Americans but stand up and fight also
with a message to the U.S. of intention of what they have planned for
the U.S.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I can accept and agree with that. I am all for full disclosure.

Originally posted by Mr. D
The new pictures have a dualistic meaning in that
they should no longer fear Americans but stand up and fight also
with a message to the U.S. of intention of what they have planned for
the U.S.

I agree, ok so what are they trying to convey about their plans for the US?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The stuff you've posted shows the US as the aggressor [Albeit exaggerated] and it would find sympathy with some who do see the US just like that.

Fortunately, I'm going to continue to expose the truth, whatever that truth is and so long as it is within the law. I'm not however, going to let any biases that I may or may not have, influence the data, at least to the best of my abilities. Sure, I can sit here and spout off the "party line", though I believe that to be the very anti-thesis of what being an American is about and it is counter to the oath that both you and I swore.

What exactly are they trying to convey?

North Korean propaganda, what else could you possibly read from this thread?

Look, I realize that some people may not like the idea that I actually care about my country and the direction she is going due to a few anti-American influences, but I'm not going to allow that to sway me, as I have been fortunate enough to break free from the indoctrination.

Sadly enough, I had to have friends die and my own health taken from me, before I awoke from my indoctrinated stupor. It made me question if my friends gave their lives, only to have the Constitution ignored and the American way of live diminished. It made me wonder if I fought for my country, only so the banks and corporations could ignore the will of the people and steal trillions of dollars in the process, only to accuse those who said something of being anti-American. Most of us, signed on with the military to defend freedom, our communities, country and way of life. Then, when *some of us come back, freedom has been stricken from the agenda and this government is following a doctrine that is contrary to what America is not only supposed to represent, but also what our forefathers intended. I finally realize that it doesn't matter if some politician somewhere or corporate news station tells us that we are "unAmerican" because we question government, as questioning authority is not only what lead to the founding of this country, but it is also a requirement to maintain this country. In fact, for anyone who makes the smallest of efforts to study our founding fathers and other Americn patriots throughout our history, they would see that we are supposed to question our government, lest we fail at the responsibility left to us by all of those who sacrificed so much to hand us freedom and liberty.

It is ignorance such as blindly following politicians, no matter what they do, that has almost always lead to the destruction of nations in the past. In fact, just recently, it is what lead to the rise of Hitler in Germany and the turning out of the German people. Those that spoke out against Hitler, were also accused by the ignorant and mislead, as being unpatriotic or "unGerman".

As far as this thread, it is about North Korean propaganda, just as it says. Whatever anyone may or may not otherwise read into it, is their own problem. How anyone can read anything other than what it plainly spells out, is beyond me, though I guess that's just what we are dealing with, with certain people who falsely believe that America is a politician, as opposed to the people and Constitution, its charter.

But let's be open and honest and not just show their possibly "Justified" propaganda and not show their Aggressive types that show them Destroying Washington DC and Hitting the US in North America.

Grasping for straws a little? LOL. I showed what I had and I showed it because I a wanted to present a look into the minds of the North Koreans. I showed the images of the website that I ran across while crafting a lesson at work. We already know that the North Koreans don't like us, however we, at least I, didn;t know that they thought of as cannibals. Whatever political message you are trying to portray out of that is entirely on you. I can't stop you from reading all kinds of crazy things into a simple post portraying several propaganda pictures. If you feel that more pictures are needed, you are more than free to post them.

--airspoon

edit on 19-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Propaganda or not, those pictures are terrible.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder if some of the older North Koreans still living when viewing these images in the OP, today would they rather than be outraged, see the well fed healthy North Koreans, and long for those days to return, and replace these times of starvation and an occasional insect and/or rotting human corpses for food to keep one barely living?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

... Unfortunately, the Japanese weren't brainwashed anywhere near the level of the North koreans and the indoctrination wasn't nearly as heavy either. It's just something to think about.

...Furthermore, torture and murder aren't policies of the US military, so much as the CIA and the influences that have taken over control. ...

--airspoon

Looks like you've undergone some indoctrination and brainwashing of your own.

1) "Murder and torture" are not CIA policy.

2) CIA has not "taken over" the US Military - they actually have their own people for the military sort of activity ("Direct Action" and/or "Special Activities Division"). Does the name "Johnny Spann" ring any bells?

3) It's my own personal opinion that it was a GOOD thing that brainwashing of Japanese civilians in WWII didn't rise to the level it has attained in NK.

I saw where you said something to the effect of you had "escaped the indoctrination". If anything, you've not "escaped", you've traded one indoctrination for another. The jab at the CIA makes one wonder - did you "escape" the indoctrination, or trade it in and start spreading the cheer yourself as well?

I know, I know, it the politically correct, "popular" thing to do these days to trash the US intel apparatus around here...

Sort of the same way it's the politically correct. "popular" thing to do to trash the US Military in North Korea...

Honest, I'm just not seeing any difference between what you did here, and what you claim they did there.

edit on 2010/12/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Grasping for straws a little.....

I can't stop you from reading all kinds of crazy things into a simple post portraying several propaganda pictures. If you feel that more pictures are needed, you are more than free to post them.

WOW

Defensive and very assumptive right off the bat

In either case I too cannot stop you from reading all kinds of crazy things into a simple reply

Did I hit a nerve?

edit on 19-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Deleted - couldn't get the image to embed!
edit on 19-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Well if you ask me , some these pictures are not all that far from the truth considering the stories that have come out of Iraq , Afghanistan and Vietnam.......and oh ya Guantánamo Bay.

Omar Deghayes alleges he was blinded by pepper spray during his detention.[43] Juma Al Dossary claims he was interrogated hundreds of times, beaten, tortured with broken glass, barbed wire, burning cigarettes, and sexual assaults

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-12-2010 by Reevster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reevster

Well if you ask me , some these pictures are not all that far from the truth considering the stories that have come out of Iraq , Afghanistan and Vietnam.......and oh ya Guantánamo Bay.

Omar Deghayes alleges he was blinded by pepper spray during his detention.[43] Juma Al Dossary claims he was interrogated hundreds of times, beaten, tortured with broken glass, barbed wire, burning cigarettes, and sexual assaults

en.wikipedia.org...

There. You've stated what I think was the real reason for the OP.

These America-haters are getting oh so "clever".

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
When I was in about 5th grade I became obsessed with a book I found in the school library.Every time I could manage to get to the library with few people around I would look at it. It was a large book with art protraying WWII. It was graphic and looking back I wonder today why it was in an elementary school library. The first group of art the OP posted reminds me very much of what I saw only reversed. It was the Japanese in the place of the American people. Wow this really brought up some old feelings - I think the first group of images shows the anguish and reaches more into the personality of the victims tho I know its propoganda.

I was thinking of the Japanese too. The tortures and killings depicted in those pictures are only a tip of an iceberg compared to what the Japanese did to the Chinese and other asian countries in WWII. They haven't even touched on the raping of young kids and doing all sort of crazy torturous experiments on human. I think America, being ally with Japan, has some relevance to the idea of these pictures. Not saying Americans will do it, just that NK sees Japan and America as one same enemy.
edit on 19-12-2010 by milocrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

I challenge you to find a single thread -or post even- authored by me that is anti-American.

Too many to choose from.

For anyone else that wants to look at the evidence, just do this:

Go to airspoon's home page, click on "see all my threads", then cover your eyes, move your mouse around randomly and click. It might not be on the first or 2nd post for the thread you've landed on, but it won't take you long to see a post showing airspoon's true agenda.

edit on 12/19/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Reevster

en.wikipedia.org...

There. You've stated what I think was the real reason for the OP.

These America-haters are getting oh so "clever".

This is not propaganda. This is a direct result of the war in Iraq. I hope you can stomach it. This is why people hate US Cabal government crimes, which is not America hating....but hatred for the actions of a gang of murderous psychopaths.

www.darkgovernment.com...
edit on 19-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well your wrong. The CIA interrogators are known to torture, even admitted by Bush. Furthermore, many people believe, to include myself that the CIA has murdered. In fact, there are thousands of different threads right here on ATS with the presented evidence. Everything from drug smuggling and assassination, all the way to false flag terrorist attacks.

2) CIA has not "taken over" the US Military - they actually have their own people for the military sort of activity ("Direct Action" and/or "Special Activities Division"). Does the name "Johnny Spann" ring any bells?

The only one mentioning that thus far is you. No claims have been made in this thread or by me ever that the military has been taken over by the CIA. With that being said, the military and CIA work hand and hand often, especially in a war zone. Maybe you should slow down and reread the post.

What I was however talking about when I mentioned the "influences that have taken over control", is the neo-con and corporatist interests that seem to ignore, subvert and disregard the Constitution to institute policy that is contrary to the best interests of the American people, freedom, liberty and justice.

I saw where you said something to the effect of you had "escaped the indoctrination". If anything, you've not "escaped", you've traded one indoctrination for another. The jab at the CIA makes one wonder - did you "escape" the indoctrination, or trade it in and start spreading the cheer yourself as well?

Pretty funny coming from someone who took a large jump to conclusion to think "CIA", when I said "influences" (even in a context that clearly outside of the CIA). If you can't even tackle such a comprehension problem, how can anyone expect you to know who is or isn't indoctrinated?

Furthermore, it wasn't a "jab" at the CIA, it was only reality. Where have you been for the last several years? In fact, Bush has already admitted to the torture so your ignorance is noted.

I know, I know, it the politically correct, "popular" thing to do these days to trash the US intel apparatus around here...

I didn't "trash" anything, rather I just spoke about reality and if what they did makes them look "trashy", then I can't help that.

Are you trying to suggest that torture didn't or isn't taking place? Or, are you just trying to say that it wasn't the CIA doing? Please don't conveniently ignore this question, because I will debunk your claim if either of those scenarios is true, according to you.

Sort of the same way it's the politically correct. "popular" thing to do to trash the US Military in North Korea...

Well this speaks volumes for what we are dealing with here, your lack of any kind of understanding regarding this issue (and probably all others). Did you, in your infinite wisdom, even know that our military isn't in North Korea? I think this about sets the bar for your credibility on just about everything.

Honest, I'm just not seeing any difference between what you did here, and what you claim they did there.

Well, considering that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, as is evident with your thinking that we have troops in North Korea and your ignorance on torture, I don't think you are qualified to see any difference.

Go read up on the issues and then get back to me.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
To the OP and anyone else interested in NK's propaganda and philosophy -

a book came out this year that is probably the definitive volume in English on the subject - it's called "The Cleanest Race: How North Koreans See Themselves and Why It Matters", by B.R. Myers. Amazon stocks it. Highly recommended.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by milocrab

Originally posted by crazydaisy
When I was in about 5th grade I became obsessed with a book I found in the school library.Every time I could manage to get to the library with few people around I would look at it. It was a large book with art protraying WWII. It was graphic and looking back I wonder today why it was in an elementary school library. The first group of art the OP posted reminds me very much of what I saw only reversed. It was the Japanese in the place of the American people. Wow this really brought up some old feelings - I think the first group of images shows the anguish and reaches more into the personality of the victims tho I know its propoganda.

I was thinking of the Japanese too. The tortures and killings depicted in those pictures are only a tip of an iceberg compared to what the Japanese did to the Chinese and other asian countries in WWII. They haven't even touched on the raping of young kids and doing all sort of crazy torturous experiments on human. I think America, being ally with Japan, has some relevance to the idea of these pictures. Not saying Americans will do it, just that NK sees Japan and America as one same enemy.
edit on 19-12-2010 by milocrab because: (no reason given)

According to many reports, the elite governments are doing all these things, in secret, outside of war - just for the hell of it. And what is Monsanto if it isn't chemical experimentation and warfare on the people. And the experimentation of the drug companies on the unsuspecting public (see the wikileaks cable about the fatal, unauthorised experimentation on African children who were already suffering from meningitis).

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Well your wrong.

No, I am not.

The CIA interrogators are known to torture, even admitted by Bush.

U.S. soldiers are known to throw puppies from cliffs. We've all seen the video, Bush didn't have to admit that one. By your logic, then, it is U.S. military policy to throw puppies from cliffs. Did you do your fair share of puppy-tossing?

If you'd care to argue my point, at least read what I say.

Furthermore, many people believe, to include myself that the CIA has murdered. In fact, there are thousands of different threads right here on ATS with the presented evidence. Everything from drug smuggling and assassination, all the way to false flag terrorist attacks.

"Many people believe..." Do I really need to carry that thought to it's logical conclusion? "Many people believe" any number of things, that neither makes them true nor suggests that belief should be presented as fact. What you stated would then be YOUR opinion, and should have been qualified as such. If you'd care to contest THAT, let's debate your evidence. It properly belongs in this thread, the tie-in being that what YOU are doing here is also propagandistic in nature.

The only one mentioning that thus far is you. No claims have been made in this thread or by me ever that the military has been taken over by the CIA. With that being said, the military and CIA work hand and hand often, especially in a war zone. Maybe you should slow down and reread the post.

I present YOUR VERY OWN WORDS:

...Furthermore, torture and murder aren't policies of the US military, so much as the CIA and the influences that have taken over control.

What does "taken over control" mean where YOU'RE from? Yeah, ONE OF US needs to slow down and re-read.

I know very well how closely they can work together. It's generally intel sharing or "loans" of specific personnel. That doesn't put CIA in control of the US military.

What I was however talking about when I mentioned the "influences that have taken over control", is the neo-con and corporatist interests that seem to ignore, subvert and disregard the Constitution to institute policy that is contrary to the best interests of the American people, freedom, liberty and justice.

BS. If that were the case, you wouldn't have had need to mention CIA very specifically.

Pretty funny coming from someone who took a large jump to conclusion to think "CIA", when I said "influences" (even in a context that clearly outside of the CIA). If you can't even tackle such a comprehension problem, how can anyone expect you to know who is or isn't indoctrinated?

No conclusions were jumped to. You said what you said, and you said it very clearly. I've re-quoted it, twice now, so that you can dimly recall - and of course try to apply "spin" to wiggle out of having said what you specifically said.

It's not me with the "comprehension problem". You seem to have failed to comprehend that there are those of us around who can see through, and deconstruct, propaganda at least as well as you can construct it. Why, believe it or not, there are even folks specifically trained to spot and deconstruct propaganda.

Furthermore, it wasn't a "jab" at the CIA, it was only reality.

Uh huh. Keep on trying to defend the indefensible. Please do. We can do this all night. Now you're back to upholding the initial claim? You know, the one I quoted above, which you denied ever saying? Now you're back to claiming it as "fact" or "reality"?

Where have you been for the last several years?

If you needed to know that, you already would.

In fact, Bush has already admitted to the torture so your ignorance is noted.

Note away, but please first provide proof that it IS ignorance, in the form of a link to where Bush said that torture is CIA policy. Failure to do so will be primae facie evidence of where the ignorance actually lies.

I didn't "trash" anything, rather I just spoke about reality and if what they did makes them look "trashy", then I can't help that.

Same as above. Provide a link to proof that torture is CIA policy, or risk the chance that everyone else here will see this for what it is.

Are you trying to suggest that torture didn't or isn't taking place? Or, are you just trying to say that it wasn't the CIA doing? Please don't conveniently ignore this question, because I will debunk your claim if either of those scenarios is true, according to you.

Ignore this question? Whatever for? I am suggesting exactly what I stated. Torture is not CIA policy.

Get to debunking.

Well this speaks volumes for what we are dealing with here, your lack of any kind of understanding regarding this issue (and probably all others). Did you, in your infinite wisdom, even know that our military isn't in North Korea? I think this about sets the bar for your credibility on just about everything.

I understand very well what I am dealing with here. Of course the US military isn't in North Korea. For the comprehension impaired, North Korea is trashing the US military, just as I stated. Twisting what I say in no way speaks to MY credibility.

Well, considering that you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, as is evident with your thinking that we have troops in North Korea and your ignorance on torture, I don't think you are qualified to see any difference.

ONE of us clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Keep this conversation going. We'll find out just which one of us that is.

I'm not entirely sure why I should care what YOU think I'm qualified for. If you were hiring, I'd refuse the job, and whether YOU think I'm qualified has no bearing on whether I am or not.

Go read up on the issues and then get back to me.

--airspoon

It's really not all that refreshing to see you cover ignorance and misstatments with mock condescention. That's a pretty common tactic.

I'm ready right now. Let's have at it.

edit on 2010/12/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join