It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini Sending A Signal 2.2 Billion Miles, What A Joke

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I thought Nasa strecthed the truth a little with the Moon Landings, But to expect us to believe that they can transmit a radio signal 2.2 billion miles is astounding. Every type of radio signal on the earth has a limit, but it seems nasa knows something the rest of the world does'nt. It is truly amazing that they could come up with such a lie, 2.2 billion miles, that's over 2000 million miles. I guess they have figured out a endless radio signal format, my next guess would be a signal from a million trillion miles away. My question is for what ? do I really care about the rings around Saturn ? I think that money would be better used to feed the hungry. What a deception

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i thought you just needed a strong enough receiver. I thought radio waves were always endless. If they weren't then why does SETI even exist.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
SETI exists only to provide a select group of people outrageous salaries to sit and drink coffee all day.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
radio signals are a form of radiation. radiation goes for ever.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
What a deception

science.nasa.gov...

The signal was intelligent and it came from an interstellar spacecraft about twice as far from the Sun as Pluto. It was Pioneer 10!

www.spacetoday.org...

NASA's Deep Space Network (DSN) is a collection of antennas at three sites around the globe used to communicate with interplanetary spacecraft missions.
There is a big difference in communicating over a billion miles to an interplanetary probe and over distances of 100 miles to 23,000 miles.

The small 85-ft. antennas at each complex are used for communicating with satellites orbiting near Earth. Signals from such nearby spacecraft are strong and don't require the larger diameter antennas and ultrasensitive low-noise receivers used for deep space missions. However, tracking is important and the antennas must be able to follow objects moving across the sky at high speed and in view of an antenna for only 10 to 12 minutes.
For high-power uplink transmissions, the 230-ft.-diameter antennas are equipped with transmitters that deliver up to 400 kilowatts of power.
Radio signals weaken as they travel from a deep space probe across the great distance to Earth. Receiving antennas on Earth must have greater reflecting surface to pick up the weak signals.
To reduce the effect of noise, engineers on Earth design receiving systems with noise-combating telemetry coding techniques, high signal sensitivity, efficient antennas, and low-noise receivers.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh God, here we go again.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
which radio signals go on forever ? we have been through this before, the alledged 23,200 mile clark arc in which most satellites are said to orbit require a 50 ft. dish in russia to send a signal to a 50 ft. dish in america. These use the latest technology and that is to only go 46,400 miles. I thought these satellites were located in outerspace, so where does it change that would allow the signal to become endless ? Further, what is the purpose ? why should I care about rings around saturn, if it were true it is foolish to waste money on such a project with all the problems we have down here on the earth. It is all a lie, so they can use that money to further the nwo agenda.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Just a little reminder

There a reason you're starting this up again, Lastday Prophet?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well done HeirToBokassa you have beaten me to it ,yet again ignorance has be layed waste with Proof.
to you mate

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The radio waves just keep on truckin'

Its just a matter of filtering out the noise from the rest of the galaxy. You know when you switch between stations on your radio that you're actually listening to radio waves from space, thats where the hiss comes from.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This place is degrading to a bunch of voodoo priests and fearmongering.... Does anyone remeber people called Scientists??? They research and make new things.. things that normal consumers will never use.

Just because you can't sent your Ham Radio signal to the Ukraine doesnt mean Nasa cant send a signal from space back.. what would they gain by announcing 'normal' findings from the Cassini mission?

Scientist create technology, technology helps us learn things we cannot learn by ourselves.

What if i didnt know how a car worked.. its a conspiracy I must say! I can only peddle my bike 30 mph so a car can't possibly be going 100 mph. It seems I used to come here to learn.. now I try not to get angry at some of the things people trick themselves into believing.

Also, attempting to unlock the mysteries of the universe is almost never a bad thing. If people hadnt been 'wasting' there time inventing things, the world's population would be tiny and people would struggle for surivial... like they did before technology. If you dont like it, dont use it... oh wait, you cant.

Sorry for being rude, but geez...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
granted radio waves, which are a form of lightwaves, do die out over time, BUT that time and distance is imense. light from the sun reaches saturn, doesn't it? and then that light reflects from saturn BACK to the earth. or is NASA just making all the stars and planets in the sky too?

sorry pal, but you're wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Starting this up again ? It is clearly a different subject, there is no one that can prove they sent a signal 2.2 billion miles, a lie of a much greater magnitude. I thought your motto was to DENY ignorance. To believe such a lie with nothing more than their word that hey accomplished this is truly ignorant. We see with films like 911, how we have been lied to. This is just another area in which we have been decieved.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Lastday Prophet,

You should just re-read your last thread on this subject. Many people attempted to educate you and yet you refuse to listen. I don�t why it�s so difficult for you to understand the technology behind deep space communication. Oh well, I must admit its almost enjoyable to follow your outlandish threads. I wonder how long this one will last.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
hopefully not long kinglizard...

but can you prove that they DIDN'T do just what you're saying LDP? maybe you could deny our ignorance with some facts and proof other than just your word.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Starting this up again ? It is clearly a different subject, there is no one that can prove they sent a signal 2.2 billion miles, a lie of a much greater magnitude. I thought your motto was to DENY ignorance. To believe such a lie with nothing more than their word that hey accomplished this is truly ignorant. We see with films like 911, how we have been lied to. This is just another area in which we have been decieved.

Okay dokie... So... you've single handedly foiled this massive plot that must involve every physicist, radio professional and amateur spacehound on the planet and you've solved it all in one 50 word post???... I *dont* think so

You = Wrong,

WRONG(adj, see Moron, Mistaken, Incorrect, Lastday Prophet)
1. Not in conformity with fact or truth; incorrect or erroneous.
1. Contrary to conscience, morality, or law; immoral or wicked.
2. Unfair; unjust.
3. Not required, intended, or wanted: took a wrong turn.
4. Not fitting or suitable; inappropriate or improper: said the wrong thing.
5. Not in accord with established usage, method, or procedure: the wrong way to shuck clams.
6. Not functioning properly; out of order.
7. Unacceptable or undesirable according to social convention.
8. Designating the side, as of a garment, that is less finished and not intended to show: socks worn wrong side out.
9 Lastday Prophets theories.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Nerdling, be glad I don't want to be banned, I'd let you know what I think of your intelligence level. I am well aware that you and others here are disinformation artists. It is easy to see who you are for you all come running when I post. To correct you on your lies about me, I have been a satellite technician since the late 70's a pioneer of the satellite industry. I could pose questions that you and no one else on this site could answer. Here is a simple one for you and your clonies, what year, what manufacturer and what name brand was the first IRD introduced ?, what was X band, when did it come out and what was it used for ? I know my stuff and I know they are lying.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Obviously some people don't appreciate the efforts of NASA and it's researchers. I can't believe how many people in this world take our technology for granted. We do NOT "waste" our money on the spacecraft. I cannot begin to describe the joy I felt when I saw the first color-image of Titan from up close. Just the thought of life on the planets/moons is mind-boggling. As for giving our money to the hungry... I think not. First of all, that is our countries weakness. We are too giving. We accept anybody no matter what, and that is the reason why so many terrible things happen. Instead of America spending money on OTHER countries poor and sick, we should focus on our poor and sick. Also... If we spend Billions to give the needy food and such, whos to say that people will sit fown and say, " Hey, How about I just sit here on my arse and let the government give me food and water. It beats the hell outta workin." Because believe me, I know plenty of people like that. We should focus on getting these "hungry" people jobs and a place to stay, rather than feeding them for them. It gets them nowhere.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I wonder if you would feel like that if you were the one hungry or homeless, seems like you care more about the skies than the suffering people here on the earth. A picture of saturn does not fill an empty stomache or create jobs for everyday people. A true waste of taxpayers money and the truth is that it is all a lie. I have been a satellite technician for over thirty years and know for a fact that sending a signal 2.2 billion miles is IMPOSSIBLE.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
wow, I just got a case of deja vu. I could have sworn a debate on this very subject raged on for months.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join