It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Police Release Dashcam Video Of Woodcarver's Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
PLEASE IF POSSIBLE CLOSE THIS POST.... ALREADY HAD BEEN POSTED

A dash cam video from the officer who shot and killed Native American woodcarver John T. Williams was released Friday, showing Williams ambling slowly across the street in a crosswalk before the officer opens fire. Although most of the action takes place off-screen, Williams is seen walking across the street in front of the patrol car in the video, dated Aug. 30. The patrol car starts to pul More..l forward, then stops. Officer Ian Burke can then be seen walking after Williams and shouting, "Hey, hey, hey! Put the knife down! Put the knife down!" The officer walks off-screen and then five shots ring out in rapid succession, killing Williams. Birk's badge was later pulled after a Seattle Police Department Review Board and Chief John Diaz reached a preliminary finding that Williams' shooting was not justified. A judge ruled Thursday that the clip from officer Ian Birk's car could be released to the public after prosecutors had a chance to notify witnesses not to view the tape. The tape's release comes after a public disclosure request from the Seattle Times. An inquest into Williams' shooting death by Officer Ian Birk has been set to begin on Jan. 10. The facts of the case will be laid out in the open through the process

Hey, hey, hey! How about excuse me sir drop the knife or I will kill you?
"Seattle Police Department Review Board and Chief John Diaz reached a preliminary finding that Williams' shooting was not justified".

OH I JUST FOUND OUT THIS SUBJECT HAD BEEN POST ALREADY SORRY
edit on 19-12-2010 by Illuminati_2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by Illuminati_2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just another reason I Hate Law Enforcement

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

Freeking stupid cop , he should get life in prison

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I had not seen this, but I'm picking my jaw off the floor as we speak. WTF? Plain as daylight the guys carving in a piece of wood, minding his own business and non threatening. Talk about exercising your authority..Geeeeez. A Seattle cop member of the M/C Iron Pigs shot a HA in Sturgis few yrs back over a bar altercation, all were drinking. A witness I talked to said there was no reason to shoot the guy and the situation could have been easily diffused. Not putting all Seattle cops in the same bodybag, just saying. The above vid is a sickening display of a power trip, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
DUPLICATE

ORIGINAL HERE

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
closing

top topics

join