It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everybody! Need your opinion about weird things happening in my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm an italian student and I found ATS forum by chance while I was looking for some answers to some phenomena happening in the home I'm currently staying at.

Three months ago I found with some of my friends a house where to stay during our university studies. The rent was very good, incredibly good for the position were the house is, and we accepted very happily to leave there.
Since the very first days we started experiencing very weird stuff: strange noises during the nights, the lights of some rooms where we were not staying turned on and worst of all, I don't know how to explain, the feeling of someone continuously staring at you.

We have been avoiding talking about these weird stuff with other people, fearing to be considered insane. Just a few days ago we found out from some of our neighbours, a very nice couple, that twenty years ago two students died in this house because of carbon monoxide.

Could that be the cause of all these events at home? Is there any way to solve the situation? Please I need your help, I'm starting getting very very scared staying here.

Thank you very much for your help.
Juliet.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sounds like it could be one of two things. Strong electromagnetic fields can cause this, or an actual haunting. I would start by having the emt tested (see if someone at your school is in the parapsychology studies or electrition
If that doesn't solve the mystery then consult a paranormal investgation group.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS - the above poster had excellent ideas! Good luck in your investigation and by all means turns to the university for some help.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You have to get everything that it could be checked out before you start jumping to conclusions. (for your own safety actually - nothing to with the paranormal)

Is the building subsiding ? That will cause movement - and weird noises. Does the place need rewiring? Are the electrics safe? That'll cause lights to go on and off. Is the plumbing sound? That'll make weird noises and mess with your electrics. Maybe these were the reasons for the bargain deal on the rent.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by juliet90

I believe haunted houses probably do exist, and you are very lucky to be in a house that is possibly haunted. Lets say there are ghosts in your house. Well, you have no reason to believe they are out to hurt you? So what are you so up in arms about the possibility then? I once know a person who believed their house was haunted, and when they heard the 'ghost' making a bunch of racket she shouted "well the least you could do while your down there is do the dishes!" and the next morning the dishes were done. How convenient, right?.

Web-cams are incredibly cheap as are microphones. Buy a bunch of cheap ones that will record upon motion/sound. If you've got all this evidence of ghosts and you don't share it then I'll be mad at you!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
1) Carbon monoxide testers should be in the home.
2) Fire detectors.
3) Get a tester and look at the plugs to see if there are faults.
4) The light switches in question could need replaced
5) Noises in homes are common
6) Noises in homes where kids have heard these noises and decide to make some of their own to make the other kids scared, priceless.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

If those 2 students died when they were sleeping, they don't understand they are dead now, and might feel unconfortable with you. For them, you are invading their home.

If you can't handle it and this is affecting your life, better move...unless you are the owner.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't discount paranormal activity in this world - I go to PSI Society meetings fairly regularly. These guys investigate this stuff all the time and the first thing they do is investigate anything that could be causing these things to happen in the 'normal' world.....get the place checked by a reputable builder.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hey Juliet,

I wouldn't worry too much about ghosts, as they're not real.

Worry about the owner of the place who kills young students and then makes it look like carbon monoxide poisoning.

Cos that watching feeling, that's him...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Good morning friends. I really appreciate all your replies and the help and hints you are trying to give me.

Due to some of the replies you gave me, I think I need to say something about the carbon monoxide I omitted before. The leak of carbon monoxide that caused the death of those two poor girls, was caused by a leak in the exhaust (pipe) of an old boiler that was in the kitchen before. That boiler has been moved outside in the garden now. So, hopefully, there is no more such kind of problems now. I do not know who was the owner of the apartment such period, but he is not the current one.

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
Sounds like it could be one of two things. Strong electromagnetic fields can cause this, or an actual haunting. I would start by having the emt tested

Sorry I do not understand what EMT is, please can you be clearer? Who should I ask to have such kind of test?

Originally posted by christina-66
Is the building subsiding ? That will cause movement - and weird noises. Does the place need rewiring? Are the electrics safe? That'll cause lights to go on and off. Is the plumbing sound? That'll make weird noises and mess with your electrics. Maybe these were the reasons for the bargain deal on the rent.

The building is quite old, I think it has been built in 60ies, but it has been maintained very well. I really would like it is just a wiring problem, but a few nights ago we found out the kitchen light switch turned to ON, I'm quite sure I switched it to OFF before going to sleep. Is an old switch supposed to physically turn to ON by its own?

Originally posted by civilchallenger
Well, you have no reason to believe they are out to hurt you? So what are you so up in arms about the possibility then?

Web-cams are incredibly cheap as are microphones. Buy a bunch of cheap ones that will record upon motion/sound. If you've got all this evidence of ghosts and you don't share it then I'll be mad at you!

civilchallenger I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to minimize the problem, but how can you say there is no possibility to be hurt??? And even if he/she/it is something good, I do not want it! I do not want to think that something is leaving in my same home and is looking at you and is interfering with your life.

Your suggestion about webcams is very very good, I hadn't thought about it before. I need to find one, ASAP. I think I will go to buy one today

Originally posted by TheRemedial
5) Noises in homes are common

Also noises that seem footsteps?

Originally posted by Trueman
If those 2 students died when they were sleeping, they don't understand they are dead now, and might feel unconfortable with you. For them, you are invading their home.

If you can't handle it and this is affecting your life, better move...unless you are the owner.

This is not encouraging... at all! You can bet I will run away from this damn house in January after I will take my university examination... I just need calm now, I have to study, a lot. Marta is scared as much as I am. Only Rosa is calm, she's always calm, she's the most rational between us. She hasn't heard any footsteps during nights. I can believe it! She has a very heavy sleep, she could not even hear her alarm clock this morning, while I was hearing it from by room! I had to wake her up!

A long studying day is waiting me now... I'll keep you posted

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Its typical to experiance these type of things when moving to a new place. Alot of people asume that certain things happen when moving to a new place because of fear of something. If you really believe you are experiancing something of the paranormal you shouldnt provoke it. Instead you have to make peace with the spirits. Alot of people may think that "hauntings" are something of a normal way of life. But most of the time thats not the case. The lights go out and people claim to see things..that just because a possible strees environment. Julia, if you really want to stay in this place then you must make peace with the spirits its the only way to live in peace. I know from personal experiance that their is so many things that cant be solved by the universe, and i hope to find things out in the future.
You should find out the things happening around you like in other dorm rooms and places around campus because of spirits moving. Alot of people claim to always be haunted. Thats just a stationary spirit. Most spirits just move. If you do stay, DO NOT provoke it. Then, you may have a hard time.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Hi Juliet and welcome to ATS! As others suggested, it would be a good idea to have the house tested for high electro magnetic frequency. High levels have been scientifically proven to cause a feeling of being watched, nausea, paranoia, etc. If the house is older, this is likely. Google EMF or electro magnetic frequency for a good understanding of it. While I do have a decent, basic understanding of EMF, I'm no good at explaining such things, lol.

If you do believe you are experiencing a haunting, you may want to try simply asking the ghosts to leave. Sometimes that works with no further incidence. If you are too scared to do it yourself, have your room mates do it with you. As crazy as I KNOW this sounds, try not to be scared. I KNOW that's much much easier said than done, but the majority of the time, ghosts will not hurt you.

I do suggest that you try to find a paranormal group to help you out. One that could help these two ladies to cross over would be preferable. If you are really scared, don't try doing any investigating on your own. Setting up cameras and recorders is nice for those who are interested in the paranormal and who WANT to know what is in their home, but as a paranormal investigator, I've known many people who wanted me to come in and investigate, but were adamant that they didn't want to know if I found anything, and I can understand that. If it turns out that you do have something paranormal in your home, request that the group not share their findings with you, but that if they DO find something, to help it move on.

If you have any questions, feel free to U2U me and I'll try to help in any way I can.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It happened again, yesterday night.

This early morning we found out the kitchen light turned on, and ALL cupboards doors were opened, and when I say ALL I mean ALL of them. Marta can swear she heard heavy foosteps in the middle of the night, but she was not brave enough to go to see what was happening, who can complain about that?

Now Rosa too has to believe there is something weird here. She saw it, she saw the status of the kitchen this morning! She's not admitting it, but I can see she's not calm anymore.

If you do stay, DO NOT provoke it. Then, you may have a hard time

It seems to me, it is IT who is provoking us. I do not know what we could have done it does not like. I should have never have come here to leave. I want to leave, but I can not now. I absolutely need to take this examination otherwise I will lose my scolarship

If you do believe you are experiencing a haunting, you may want to try simply asking the ghosts to leave. Sometimes that works with no further incidence.

I tried it multiple times, I have been saying and thinking "please go away" "please go away" "please go away" since the very first moment a scaring idea of what could cause all these weird stuff came in my mind. I remember I also shouted it once or twice. Am I doing it in the wrong way?

Actually I DO want to know what the hell is happening in my house, what is causing all this stuff. Maybe knowing what it is or what it wants could help me. All of our friends are out of town for the Christmas holidays. We have to manage the situations alone.
I bought yesterday the webcam, clearly it is not working, I just see a black screen, everything is against us these days.
I called Marco, one of my friends, a geek one, he suggested me to find an app for my smartphone. He think there must be something there.

Do you know what I should look for? I have an iPhone.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS! Congrats on finding such a great area to explain even something as unusual as you are experiancing.

I too have experianced it. My first apartment gave me the same feelings as you desribe. There was nothing I did or could do with the entity. I just delt with it. Nothing severe came of it and I moved out about two years later.

Welcome again!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I just looked for "paranormal motion detector" on app store, and I found only one application called "Paranormal Monitor".

It seems exactly what I need, it starts video recording on motion detection.
I started the app, put my smarphone on my phone dock and pointed it to my bed. If I move in front of it, it is recording all my movements. Hope it will start recording if something moves while I'm sleeping.

Have a good night. I'll let you know what I'm gonna find tomorrow ( honestly I'm a little bit scared, ehm... I'm a lot scared! )

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Selling an App on iPhones, it is really cool. I like it, about a million percent!

Seriously though, there is a bear who lives in your roof/cellar/tree, he is roaming your house at night and opening your cupboards and eating all your pretzels and samboy chips.

Also he is killing students much like yourself with carbon monoxide

He also owns your apartment. He's killed before and will do it again!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

My boyfriend and I just moved into an apartment and we're having wierd things happen too. We're gonna post about soon, so be watching for it. It'll either be from my account, or from his, JayinAR. We can compare odd happenings.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I must confess that the most difficult part is not pointing your iPhone to yourself the whole night to record what is happening while you are sleeping, but it is finding the courage to play the videos recorded... definitely!

This morning I played all videos recorded with my heart in my throat. They are about two hundred short videos for a total of fifteen minutes. Well I can say that the fifteen minutes I needed to view those videos were of course the longest in my life.
You can not imagine how much relieved I was after not seeing any weird things in the recorded videos. There is me moving and moving in the bed, in a disturbed sleep I would say, but fortunately nothing else moving.

I will run again Paranormal Monitor on my iPhone tonight too. I will do it every night till I do not find whether something is happening to me while I'm sleeping and, if anything is happening, if monitoring me would keep it away from me, well then even better! In any case I do not feel confortable at all between these walls. I decided I'm gonna leave this house next month.

Have a good night

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I will have a good night.

Sleep tight Juliet, you're definitely nice and safe, it's just a new place.

Think about nice things before falling asleep!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join