It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeonpyeong Islanders flee...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yeonpyeong Islanders flee....

www.csmonit or.com

Even the plucky few residents who returned after North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells at Yeonpyeong Island on Nov. 23 are fleeing ahead of South Korea's live-fire drills this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19/12/10 by TedHodgson because: Shortened post title

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sounds like its all kicking off now, I dont blame them i would definately get out of there!
These drills are gonna cause a hell of a lot trouble for more good poeple who live around the Islands after north Korea's recent threats.
Im waiting on the edge wondering if America is actually going to get involved here, North Korea knows the American Army is spread thin all over the place at the moment, will they take advantage of this?

Honestly Why cant we as human beings all just get along?!

www.csmonit or.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
North Korea nuclear development is more modern than previously thought. There's no other way but to secure this before they have the actual nuclear strike capability. Otherwise the entire east asia will be full of nuclear weapons in the near future.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Im waiting on the edge wondering if America is actually going to get involved here, North Korea knows the American Army is spread thin all over the place at the moment, will they take advantage of this?

The US is already way involved, with a huge presence on the peninsula that dates back to the Korean War.

While the US is perhaps "spread thin", in this particular area, there is a rather sizable concentration.

By looking at the amount of military personnel, hardware, and recent history of this area, it's clear that TPTB have already selected this location as a battleground.

Many seem to always expect the Middle East to blow up at any time, and be the start of WW3, but Korea is the place that makes much more sense in terms of what has already been committed, and what's deemed "expendable". Such a situation is very sad for the Korean people, but it isn't likely they will find a way out of it, in time.

Both Koreas are puppets, one on each hand. The US hand manipulates the South, and the Chinese hand manipulates the North. When the time is "right", the show can go on, without any worry of fouling up elite plans in areas deemed too important to any of their future plans.

If I was a Korean, in very expendable Korea, I wouldn't just leave an island, I would get the heck out of the whole nation if possible. Future killing fields for sure.

JR

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I cannot say that I blame them! The Koreas are playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse. Hopefully this blows over like the other tense situations in the past. If not, we will have a very dire situation on our hands if this escalates.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I for sure would NOT have my family on that death island.

After the north doing what they did and what with the south is doing now GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE..

I'm sure some of them were poor and fished for a living so they might not of had the means..

That would be my number 1 priority though living on that forsaken island get the hell out of there..

Hell i'd get out of that country.... I mean if I could..... Money is hard but NO ONE wants to live in a war zone/could be war zone at anytime..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think this will spiral into an all out war !!
If these drills go on as planned "soon" there is no question there will be an exchange that will spiral out of control.
We need a way for south korea to save face while canceling these drills!! which they have every right to hold live fire drills on there own territory but maybe in the name of peace find a way to cancel these.. just a bad situation

the weather is ideal for drills today and it will also be clear all night and the next day in case of escalation.
it is currently 4 am day break should be interesting...
local time and weather
edit on 19-12-2010 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
North Korea nuclear development is more modern than previously thought. There's no other way but to secure this before they have the actual nuclear strike capability. Otherwise the entire east asia will be full of nuclear weapons in the near future.

They already have nuclear strike capability. "Securing this" would guarantee the death of millions across Korea.

Perhaps the live fire drills should be canceled and diplomatic options pursued.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Are you just going to sit around all day and make interesting posts?

Hey, it's my pajamas and ATS day too.

On topic:
I think this is all kicking off too. I have been sitting here wondering what the USA could possibly benefit, from sticking their noses where it doesnt belong.

But Im sure we will be involved evenually somehow, and our tax dollars will continue to go to a senseless cause in a war we shouldnt be fighting. I mean, thats American history. We are notorious for it.

Short of another Madman trying to take over the world and exterminate a arce, I think we should stay out of it...

Unless they have oil, of course.
Or we owe them money.
Or they have something we want.
Or....

Nevermind. I guess I see the pattern here.

War on!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

The USA has been involved since the fifties since we fought the Korean War where thousands of our soldiers died. We have never NOT been involved with it.

I just heard one woman that was leaving the island say on CNN that they were leaving because the drills were starting tomorrow. Does anyone know what time daybreak comes over there compared to Eastern Daylight Time?

edit on 19-12-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero

Are you just going to sit around all day and make interesting posts?

Hey, it's my pajamas and ATS day too.

Ooo Touché
Of course i am its my day off

And im prancing around in my Hemp meditation trousers, Which could be identified as PJ,s

Have a good rest of the day fellow Ats lurker

Back on topic: Oh thats a very good point! Whos got the Oil around Korea's Area?
edit on 19/12/10 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hate to say it but it's a complete waste of time getting away from the Islands, you need to be out of the Country.

NK are probably crazy enough to use Chemical Weapons on SK, they don't have enough balls for the Nuke option.

That's still rather nasty and they are weapons of mass destruction.

So anybody reading this in SK, leave the Country or head as far South as possible!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

To be honest if they wanted to be really realy safe they should just escape the planet, You know, Grand theft UFO on a martion in a mcdonalds drive through.
Flee flee the planet!
Then you shall be safe- Not the words of nostradamas but then again id probably be considerd just about as crazy as him at times

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
reply to post by InertiaZero

The USA has been involved since the fifties since we fought the Korean War where thousands of our soldiers died. We have never NOT been involved with it.

I just heard one woman that was leaving the island say on CNN that they were leaving because the drills were starting tomorrow. Does anyone know what time daybreak comes over there compared to Eastern Daylight Time?

edit on 19-12-2010 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

Sunrise was at 0638 over here was sat out having tea watching it.. Wouldve been approx 1838 eastern u.s time.. Hoping calm heads prevail and nothing happens.. But people fleeing is bad sign ..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I really hope that the South Korea can give up this live-fire drill on the island, no one want to see a war started...

new topics

top topics

join