It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral Byrd and Operation Highjump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
this is the case that has me thinking for a long time....

ADMIRAL BYRD AND OPERATION HIGHJUMP ...In 1947, Admiral Richard E. Byrd led 4,000 military troops from the U.S., Britain and Australia in an invasion of Antarctica (Operation Highjump and follow-up), but encountered heavy resistance from Nazi 'flying saucers' and had to call off the invasion. A Rear-Admiral who was in that invasion has retired in Texas, and said he was shocked when he read the *Fire From The Sky* material. He knew there were a lot of aircraft and rocket shoot-downs but did not realize the situation was so bad. The invasion of ANTARCTICA consisted of three battle groups from Norfolk, VA, on Dec. 2, 1946. They were led by Byrd's command ship, the ice-breaker *Northwind,* and consisted of the catapult ship *Pine Island,* the destroyer *Brownsen,* the aircraft-carrier *Phillipines Sea,* the U.S. submarine *Sennet,* two support vessels *Yankee* and *Merrick,* and two tankers *Canisted* and *Capacan,* the destroyer *Henderson* and a floatplane ship *Currituck.* A British-Norwegian force and a Russian force, and I believe some Australian and Canadian forces were also involved. On March 5, 1947 the *El Mercurio* newspaper of Santiago, Chile, had a headline article "On Board the Mount Olympus on the High Seas" which quoted Byrd in an interview with Lee van Atta: "Adm. Byrd declared today that it was imperative for the United States to initiate immediate defence measures against hostile regions. The admiral further stated that he didn't want to frighten anyone unduly but that it was a bitter reality that in case of a new war the continental United States would be attacked by flying objects which could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds. (Earlier he had recom- mended defence bases at the NORTH Pole.) Admiral Byrd repeated the above points of view, resulting from his personal knowledge gathered both at the north and south poles, before a news conference held for International News Service."

Byrd & UFOs

0910 Hours- Vast Ice and snow below, note coloration of yellowish nature, and disperse in a linear pattern. Altering course foe a better examination of this color pattern below, note reddish or purple color also. Circle this area two full turns and return to assigned compass heading. Position check made again to base camp, and relay information concerning colorations in the Ice and snow below. 0910 Hours- Both Magnetic and Gyro compasses beginning to gyrate and wobble, we are unable to hold our heading by instrumentation. Take bearing with Sun compass, yet all seems well. The controls are seemingly slow to respond and have sluggish quality, but there is no indication of Icing! 0915 Hours- In the distance is what appears to be mountains. 0949 Hours- 29 minutes elapsed flight time from the first sight ing of the mountains, it is no illusion. They are mountains and consisting of a small range that I have never seen before! 0955 Hours- Altitude change to 2950 feet, encountering strong turbulence again. 1000 Hours- We are crossing over the small mountain range and still proceeding northward as best as can be ascertained. Beyond the mountain range is what appears to be a valley with a small river or stream running through the center portion. There should be no green valley below! Something is definitely wrong and abnormal here! We should be over Ice and Snow! To the portside are great forests growing on the mountain slopes. Our navigation Instruments are still spinning, the gyroscope is oscillating back and forth!

so what do you think? Did Byrd found the Agharta or the Gray base....it seems so...or it doesent?

thank you

edit on 19-12-2010 by anubisone because: text

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19/12/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Have you looked at admyrial byrd's journal I don't know if it's a hoax or not but it's a good read,
Also you should have a look at shamballa and the agartha maps,
If you ever want any links just U2U me

Pix

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the information. Have not seen these videos, will watch them when I have time, it's an interesting topic.

Here is a link to Skippers Mars Anomaly Research:

marsanomalyresearch.com...

His last two reports covered anomalies in Anartica from google earth, related to your topic and worth looking at.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hollow Earth as always interested me, though, how come there are so many civilian expeditions on Antarctica if they are hidding something so grand, surely they would come up with a reason for a no fly zone and shut of all access to Antarctica no?

Also im sure that USSR had their own expeditions (1955 — 1957 1st Soviet Antarctic Expedition ) and they surely would also have brought war ships, also Operation Windmill took place after Operation High Jump and was also before the Antarctic Treaty

i dont know, there are to many holes in the conspiracy
but there are equally many holes in the assumption that the earth is solid

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Also the whole, "inner earth warned us not to use nuclear weapons or technology" although it fits in with UFO frequently being spotted over nuclear sights and apparently disarming them, doesn't make sense as we have had MANY nuclear explosions (would they not have destroyed us after the Tsar Bomba if they were angry about Hiroshima?) and not to mention Chernobyl, last time i checked, it is still melting through the crust

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anubisone

The operation, code-named Highjump, was classified confidential. In 1958, three nuclear weapons were exploded in the region, as part of another classified US operation, code-named Argus. Given the initial lack of information about these various activities, it is not, perhaps, surprising that some people would connect them to produce a pattern in which governments would be accused of suppressing information about ‘what really happened’, and would use these pieces of information to construct a myth of a large German base existing in Antarctica and of allied efforts to destroy it.

Using background knowledge of Antarctica and information concerning these activities that has been published since the early 1940s, it is demonstrated: that the two U-Boats could not have reached Antarctica; that there was no secret wartime German base in Dronning Maud Land; that SAS troops did not attack the alleged German base; that the SAS men in the region at the time had civilian jobs; that Operation Highjump was designed to train the US Navy for a possible war with the Soviet Union in the Arctic, and not to attack an alleged German base in Antarctica; and that Operation Argus took place over the ocean more than 2000 km north of Dronning Maud Land. Activities that were classified have subsequently been declassified and it is no longer difficult to separate fact from fancy, despite the fact that many find it attractive not to do so.
Hitler's Antarctic Base: The myth and the reality(pdf!)

Antarctica is populated all year round by the research stations of 30 countries. None of whom have yet reported finding a bloody big hole in the ground that leads to alien bases. Besides which, unless the Asgard National Front have signed up to Antarctic Treaty, they are trespassing and should have their bottoms smacked.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ah but see there is no physical hole at either pole... both the Russians and the Germans know that in reality there is a wormhole that takes you beyond the south pole.

In the NAVY movie of that expedition when Byrd's plain returns on a single engine the commentator says this..

"Safe! Safe! Good going! The greatest exploration flight of all history has ended in success, the flight beyond the south pole, the flight beyond imagination."

If you read the Byrd's diary (whether you believe it real or not) it says they when through a magnetic anomaly, compasses went haywire, similar to the Bermuda triangle reports and suddenly they were in the new area... They did not go through a hole in the ground... the sun's position remained the same. They went through a dimensional portal

I will post links later today I thought I had finished that section... seems I didn't upload it yet

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Any Marvel Comics readers on here? Sounds like Byrd found the Savage Land!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That's damn cool. I wonder if there is a list of planes/boats that have never been found around the Bermuda Triangle? I guess the Antarctica version wouldn't have as much traffic as Bermuda

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just wondering if there is the actual handwriting journals of Admiral Byrd's Diary?
and then was the handwriting authenticated?

Just reading the diary it seems far fetched and it's been over 60 yrs since with many wars afterwards.

I have to remain very skeptical about this because it seems highly unlikely.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Also the whole, "inner earth warned us not to use nuclear weapons or technology" although it fits in with UFO frequently being spotted over nuclear sights and apparently disarming them, doesn't make sense as we have had MANY nuclear explosions (would they not have destroyed us after the Tsar Bomba if they were angry about Hiroshima?) and not to mention Chernobyl, last time i checked, it is still melting through the crust

You may want to recheck your sources. The reactor core pretty much melted everything around it and burned itself through to the floor below and there it sits not still melting through the crust it's now known as the "Elephants foot"

Special Report: 1997: Chernobyl
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf822b7d3b8e.gif[/atsimg]

Lava, glass and crystal flow discovered in the base of the reactor In December 1986, an intensely radioactive mass was discovered in the basement of Unit Four and scientists rigged up a crude wheeled camera to investigate. The mass was more than two metres across and weighed hundreds of tons. Because of its odd wrinkled shape, it was christened, "the elephant's foot". To approach it meant certain death. Analysis of the material showed that it was composed of sand, glass and nuclear fuel, and the proportion of sand suggested to scientists that a large amount of fuel had escaped from the reactor in this form. Underneath the reactor, the investigation team found steaming hot concrete and, draining into the basement, lava and spectacular unknown crystalline forms - Chernobylite.

As far as the topic. When we get more solid evidence it's just wild speculation IMO.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Yes but how many nucelar wars....how many nukes have been dropped since they told us to stop with the bombs,

Pix

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixiekaram
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

Yes but how many nucelar wars....how many nukes have been dropped since they told us to stop with the bombs,

Pix

Well I guess now we know why the bay of pigs fizzled out, Chernobyl accident, 3 Rivers scare and Iran got the Nuclear Super Virus,
Now we just need the Inner Earth Aliens to take care of Chicken Chow Mein in N. Korea, he obviously hasn't got the memo from them.
edit on 19-12-2010 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

they had better keep an eye out for sauron ,

2nd

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by anubisone

I know that hollow earth is one of the more far out theories on here , but its one of my favourites.
Im no expert and dont claim to be but the arguments for and against it are both good and presented well. I hope to find out ore one day, The whole thing has even made me want to do my own trip to the antaric one day.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anubisone
this is the case that has me thinking for a long time....

ADMIRAL BYRD AND OPERATION HIGHJUMP ...In 1947, Admiral Richard E. Byrd led 4,000 military troops from the U.S., Britain and Australia in an invasion of Antarctica (Operation Highjump and follow-up), but encountered heavy resistance from Nazi 'flying saucers' and had to call off the invasion. A Rear-Admiral who was in that invasion has retired in Texas, and said he was shocked when he read the *Fire From The Sky* material. He knew there were a lot of aircraft and rocket shoot-downs but did not realize the situation was so bad. The invasion of ANTARCTICA consisted of three battle groups from Norfolk, VA, on Dec. 2, 1946. They were led by Byrd's command ship, the ice-breaker *Northwind,* and consisted of the catapult ship *Pine Island,* the destroyer *Brownsen,* the aircraft-carrier *Phillipines Sea,* the U.S. submarine *Sennet,* two support vessels *Yankee* and *Merrick,* and two tankers *Canisted* and *Capacan,* the destroyer *Henderson* and a floatplane ship *Currituck.* A British-Norwegian force and a Russian force, and I believe some Australian and Canadian forces were also involved. On March 5, 1947 the *El Mercurio* newspaper of Santiago, Chile, had a headline article "On Board the Mount Olympus on the High Seas" which quoted Byrd in an interview with Lee van Atta: "Adm. Byrd declared today that it was imperative for the United States to initiate immediate defence measures against hostile regions. The admiral further stated that he didn't want to frighten anyone unduly but that it was a bitter reality that in case of a new war the continental United States would be attacked by flying objects which could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds. (Earlier he had recom- mended defence bases at the NORTH Pole.) Admiral Byrd repeated the above points of view, resulting from his personal knowledge gathered both at the north and south poles, before a news conference held for International News Service."

Byrd & UFOs

0910 Hours- Vast Ice and snow below, note coloration of yellowish nature, and disperse in a linear pattern. Altering course foe a better examination of this color pattern below, note reddish or purple color also. Circle this area two full turns and return to assigned compass heading. Position check made again to base camp, and relay information concerning colorations in the Ice and snow below. 0910 Hours- Both Magnetic and Gyro compasses beginning to gyrate and wobble, we are unable to hold our heading by instrumentation. Take bearing with Sun compass, yet all seems well. The controls are seemingly slow to respond and have sluggish quality, but there is no indication of Icing! 0915 Hours- In the distance is what appears to be mountains. 0949 Hours- 29 minutes elapsed flight time from the first sight ing of the mountains, it is no illusion. They are mountains and consisting of a small range that I have never seen before! 0955 Hours- Altitude change to 2950 feet, encountering strong turbulence again. 1000 Hours- We are crossing over the small mountain range and still proceeding northward as best as can be ascertained. Beyond the mountain range is what appears to be a valley with a small river or stream running through the center portion. There should be no green valley below! Something is definitely wrong and abnormal here! We should be over Ice and Snow! To the portside are great forests growing on the mountain slopes. Our navigation Instruments are still spinning, the gyroscope is oscillating back and forth!

so what do you think? Did Byrd found the Agharta or the Gray base....it seems so...or it doesent?

thank you

edit on 19-12-2010 by anubisone because: text

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19/12/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

I believe that this actually happened. Why would this highly decorated Military Man lie about this and after he ws debriefed in Washington D.C., all of his notes and journals became Top Secret?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
it's really weird cuz none of this stuff
is mentioned in the documentary
"The secret land"

part 0 of 6 (they started at zero instead of 1, go figure)

part 6 ends with them completing their
mission and they head home. No mention
of UFO's or a battle. Just a lost plane
and 3 dead men due to bad weather
crash.

I'm beginning to wonder if Byrd's journal
is a hoax. Byrd's radioman was mentioned
as being in this inner earth. Where is his
testimony??? None of the other crew
of the plane were mentioned during this
inner earth trip. There is more than 2
crew members on a flight like that.
Where were they ???

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
it's really weird cuz none of this stuff
is mentioned in the documentary
"The secret land"

The beginning of part 6... Admiral Byrd's plane is landing on one engine. The NAVY narrator says:

"Safe! Safe! Good going! The greatest exploration flight of all history has ended in success, the flight beyond the south pole, the flight beyond imagination."

And don't forget that James Vincent Forrestal (February 15, 1892 – May 22, 1949) was killed over this
Or so the story goes
He is the one at the start of this film, making the report

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread. I read some of Byrd's diary, it was extremely interesting. The hardest part of this for me was understanding that it was not a physical hole but rather a separate dimension.

Star an' Flag.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I read some of Byrd's diary, it was extremely interesting. The hardest part of this for me was understanding that it was not a physical hole but rather a separate dimension.

It's worth double-checking which diary you've read there. One of them is a genuine historical document and the other has him visiting advanced critters in a scene from some '50s Outer Limits TV show.

The original document casts doubt on Byrd's plane reaching the Pole which naturally undermines the notion of him discovering a hole at the Pole...in a separate dimension or otherwise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join