It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 on the brink?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I've been saying this since the shelling of Keuyeongpyeong-do. People think I'm crazy. "Oh, NK doesn't have nukes" "Oh, EMP is just a myth." I've seen this is as the greatest threat we're facing in the current scenario.

One of those "Super-EMP" weapons EVEN AT LOW YIELD would devastate SK's technological infrastructure simply by targeting Seoul. EVERYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with electrical transmission and regulation, computer servers and network hubs, their ENTIRE telecommunications infratructure...all comes out of Seoul. While US military assets are TEmpEST hardened, that protection is designed for fission devices and low yield fusion devices. Much of the TEmpEST hardening has been thrown by the wayside since no one really uses either fission or fusion devices any longer. Most of the weapons in play now are Hydrogen/Thermonuclear or Neutron.

In other words, we let our guard down too much since the end of the Cold War. We would "make it" through a NK EMP attack for sure...But we would be knocked down to about the same technological level as the North. Even if it didn't affect any other region than the Korean peninsula, it would still be a devastating blow to US and SK warfighting efforts. It may mean the surrender of the South. Now while that doesn't "really" affect whether or not your Starbucks latte is served hot with a smile in whatever suburb you live in the next morning, but the ripple effect, militarily, could make it to our shores sooner rather than later. Particularly if our other known and suspected enemies, who have considerable military hardware at their disposal, use our loss to bolster their confidence and try and knock us all the way down once we're on our knees.

Make no mistake people, we really are on the brink here. Some can see that and are preparing accordingly, others choose to remain willfully ignorant. At least it's giving us researchers a little more to go on in developing a fixed clinical definition of "stupidity." Another interesting thing is that I see "aware" folks here making the same mental preparations that folks in the upper levels of the military and their families were back during the Able Archer scare back in '83. I wish I was old enough to remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, I'd like to compare and contrast reactions to that as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
WW3 NEED NOT happen, if you and I don't allow it.

Individually, you and I are powerless, but no human is born out of a rock. We each have family, relatives and friends and through them, connect us all into societies, nations and the world we occupy.

Together with them, we the power to do ANYTHING in this world, only that they, you and I must be assured that what is to done is worth it and neccessary. WW3 is not necessary nor will it ever be. It's only the leaders that are pissed off, or to cover up their mistakes and mismangement, and our naive but courageous youth have to die for them. The population is innocent.

We must inform everyone we know, to discuss, debate and then push our legislatives to act on OUR behalf of Parliaments and Congress around the world that we Humanity WILL NOT SUPPORT any more wars, or send our monies or sons/daughters for slaughter.

Let the world leaders, only our elected representatives and not dictators to decide on who is to be blamed for provocations against a soveriegn people. When the evidences are presented and judgement made, the enemy have the option to accept, withdraw troops or their leaders will be brought to justice, one way or another, without mankind being harm.

We collectively CAN stop wars and not accept the lies, half truths and fabrication by corrupt leaders and MSM dished out to us.

The population might be innocent yes but thats not how things work. Look at middle east. We have been trying to convert them for years from their crazy believes, aint working. Some things you cant convert. Stupid but good example. Convert a religious believer to a non religious person. Very hard to do because they are born into religion most of the time. Same thing with middle easterners, all they know is war. NK is the same, brainwashed their public into believing US is their enemy. It's called propoganda and enough of it will convert you for good to believe it. It would cost much more to try to convert them to normal citizens than to blow em up and start from scratch. It's cruel but reality.

edit on 19-12-2010 by linuxcore because: fixed

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by linuxcore

Individually, you and I are powerless, but no human is born out of a rock. We each have family, relatives and friends and through them, connect us all into societies, nations and the world we occupy.

Together with them, we the power to do ANYTHING in this world, only that they, you and I must be assured that what is to done is worth it and neccessary. WW3 is not necessary nor will it ever be. It's only the leaders that are pissed off, or to cover up their mistakes and mismangement, and our naive but courageous youth have to die for them. The population is innocent.

We must inform everyone we know, to discuss, debate and then push our legislatives to act on OUR behalf of Parliaments and Congress around the world that we Humanity WILL NOT SUPPORT any more wars, or send our monies or sons/daughters for slaughter.

Let the world leaders, only our elected representatives and not dictators to decide on who is to be blamed for provocations against a soveriegn people. When the evidences are presented and judgement made, the enemy have the option to accept, withdraw troops or their leaders will be brought to justice, one way or another, without mankind being harm.

We collectively CAN stop wars and not accept the lies, half truths and fabrication by corrupt leaders and MSM dished out to us.

The population might be innocent yes but thats not how things work. Look at middle east. We have been trying to convert them for years from their crazy believes, aint working. Some things you cant convert. Stupid but good example. Convert a religious believer to a non religious person. Very hard to do because they are born into religion most of the time. Same thing with middle easterners, all they know is war. NK is the same, brainwashed their public into believing US is their enemy. It's called propoganda and enough of it will convert you for good to believe it. It would cost much more to try to convert them to normal citizens than to blow em up and start from scratch. It's cruel but reality.

Don't you think that's kinda what caused all this to begin with?

The west shouldv'e kept to just trading with the east, it's a totally different world there.

Things were fine until the west came poking their nose into other people's business.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by linuxcore

Lemme take a wild guess and say you are american. The amount of ignorant people saying the things you say is amazing. The only one brainwashed is people like you who think that just because someone believes in Allah and not Christ he is bad or whatever. Lemme ask you something. WHO THE HELL are you to convert someone?
America became from the scumbugs of europe. 90% of USA people are illiterate and the only thing you know about the outside world is what cnn tells you.
You want to learn the world? Take a plane ticket and see for yourself. I am Greek and media brainwahsed me that Turkish people are monsters. I travelled there and my best friend AND my wife are Turkish...
Try to think more maturely and you would see that countries YOU think are barbarian are a hell lot more civilised than your USA.

ps. sorry for my tense tone.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Alda1981 because: typo

edit on 19-12-2010 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
why are south korea and the US so determined to do these war games there?...why cant they just move back?! north korea has states that it WILL USE NUKES so why aggrivate the situation?

might have known the u.s would be involved somehow...everytime something kicks off the us are floating about!
kim jong il is a crazy mofo....i wouldnt put it past him to use nukes.

even though russia has requested talks looks as thou both the north and the south are digging their heels, with the US whispering in the souths ear..".we have your back dood just do it...go on do it."...pffffft!

Under your logic South Korea . . . and the rest of the world . . should just keep giving little Kimy their lunch money. At some point you have to say enough is enough and give the bully a nice punch square in the face.

On the US involvement, sure . . . always sticking our noses in it eh? Your right, maybe the US should pull back to its own territory . . and then:

Close the border (no foreigners get through, unless maybe a diplomat).
Expel ALL non-citizens and tell US citizens and companies to come home or good luck.
Cut off ALL foreign purchases (no more imports) and then retool to make it ourselves (lots of jobs).
Stop ALL foreign aid . . . food, money, medical . . . because you can't have it both ways.
Private foreign investments are taxed to a level that makes them impractical and obsolete.
Tell all holders of US debt to get lost or bring it on.
If ANY country care to infringe upon our territory we deal a swift and complete blow and take their lands as our own.
When another country gets invaded by and occupied by an aggressor . . . tell them oh so sorry everyone- wanted us to mind our own business . . . so enjoy!

So the above steps should make you happy . . . right? That way you won't need to complain of US involvement anywhere . . . but I am sure I left a few out . . .
edit on 19-12-2010 by nonnez because: To add a line

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

wasnt there something sed about NK bombing LA? or that they have the capabilities to bomb LA? if this kicks off, china will step in for NK and obviously the US has SK backs, then essentially the US will be warring with china....and im not being funny but i think china wud win?! i mean look at what they did with one of their submarines about a month ago...just crept up undetected on the US sub in thier own port!!

i just get the feeling that the US is goading SK into a war....why? well only the governments know...is it all planned? maybe...china isnt trading in dollar now so it knows that its collapsed...im very very intregued to see how this will pan out.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

i think the US should just back off yea....china is the emerging superpower now, no longer the US, i think the US should be looking after their own and YES stop foriegn aid! STILL bombing afghanistan even tho NO WMD have been found, get the troops out, stop sending pakistan weapons that have been paid for by the US citezens and that are being used against the american troops! the whole thing is ludicrous....not happy with bombing one country to smithereens now thier mixing it with north and south korea!

Is the US government determined to have half its population wiped off the face of the earth cuz trust me thats what will happen if it does kick off and china etc gets involved!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
all i can say is sell your samsung, hyundai and kia stocks.

if you own hyundai or a kia, parts maybe hard to come buy in the next few months.

sell them now and get as much as you can from them.

God willing they'll be no war.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
CNN is already calling for all our war if these drills happen. We have 30,000 troops stationed there that would be immediately engaged.

Great..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When are these drills going to happen?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Final Solstice

They are reporting in hours or tomorrow

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Here are the last hour of Twitters:

# Anxiety over war fears sends most share prices lower in Monday morning trading in Seoul. #Koreas 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# All calm in Seoul on a foggy cold morning. Most likely unaware of military announcement to begin artillery drill soon. #Koreas 37 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Amb. Rice does not mention #China by name. #Koreas 44 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Amb. Rice: Unlikely that the gap among #UNSC members will be bridged. #Koreas 44 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Amb. Rice at #UN: #ROK well within its rights, justification to conduct artillery drill. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Amb. Rice at #UN: #DPRK has no right to threaten, attack to attack another UN member during routine military exercises. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# US Amb. to #UN Rice: Most SC members made clear their view to condemn #DPRK Nov. 23 attack but did not achieve consensus. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# AFP photog: Civilians on Yeonpyeong told to take shelter within 30 mins. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# #UNSC talks fail on #Koreas. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# The #ROK military announcement puts #UNSC under intense pressure. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Most likely window for the #ROK artillery drill is between 90 minutes and 2.5 hours from now. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# YTN: Residents on #ROK western islands told to move into bunkers. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Russia again calls on #ROK not to hold artillery drill. #Koreas about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# EnglishChosun N.Korea Deploys Rocket Launchers Along West Coast http://(link tracking not allowed)/hyqdVJ about 1 hour ago via twitterfeed Retweeted by W7VOA and 17 others

# innercitypress At #UN on #Korea, both #ROK & #DPRK spoke in private meeting & blamed each other, dip tells Press. #ROK said will do exercise b/t Dec 18-21 about 1 hour ago via web Retweeted by W7VOA and 4 others

# #ROK defense ministry: Artillery exercise could begin as soon as one hour from now. #Koreas about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# #ROK military says artillery drill on Yeonpyeong Is. to go ahead this afternoon. about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

It seems that the drills will go ahead within the next hour and a half, and residents of Keunyeongpyeong-do are being advised to take shelter immediately. We should know by 10:00PMEST whether or not doom is upon the Koreas for sure.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Last hours North Korea is signaling their war alarms and they move troops near the island where South Korea insists in making a war exercise.

They have announced that it will be done by this tuesday. On the other hand Norths have made it preety clear that should there be an exercise there, there will be retaliation. I mean can it be more clear than that?

There is a way to avoid war but yet noone wants to act against it.

(On a side note this moon eclipse that happends every 450+ years is to happen by tuesday as well right?)

here some music to acompany these dark days before the light comes back to our world

www.youtube.com...

Reminds me of Biblical prophecy.

www.biblegateway.com...

Revelation 6 (King James Version)

12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Could it be that the moon turning as blood means war? Isn't the UN's
current Secretary-General named Moon? (From Korea). Ban Ki-moon

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well talking has been gridlocked.
Test firing was due to begin at 11am local time but because of Fog has now been moved forward to 1pm (4amGMT)
which is just under 90 minutes away.
Reports say that only 100 civilians remain on the island.
NK is said to have been reinforcing its Western borders and moved artillery into place.

Latest BBC report;

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Wow you can't be more wrong. First of all Im born in Stockholm, Sweden. Lived there 10 years, grew up in Australia, lived and worked in England, Norway, Denmark, Thailand. I have traveled the world and am fairly knowledgable about other races. I do live in California since 8 years now but no I am not ignorant :-)

Why I wrote what I wrote is because that is how the world is right now. Most governments brainwash us, yes even the good old American govn't is brainwashing us. Probably half of US Born have never been outside this country, nor the state they were born in to say the least. I have friends who were born and died in the same state and never put one foot outside, pathetic I know.

But the fact that some people are brainwashed to the point of no return is possibly true. Middle easterners are probably cool people but they grew up with wars all around them and in the middle of them. I know some customers from the middle east, they do not "act" like normal americans except for the onse that came here in there teens. I have as of yet to hear a religious person become non religious. Im not religious for one cent but my wife is and she would never stop believing in something I dont believe exists. North Koreans, sure some have fled and Im not saying the entire country of 1m+ are brainwashed. I am saying sometimes the easiest quickets and hceapest way to fix a problem is just that, nuke, asphalt and build McDonald's on it. Ok maybe not build Mc'ds but still. If you get rid of the govn't and try to make people normal because of the huge amounts that are already stone cold brainwashed it's not going to work. Look at Irak! We put a new govn't in order, new rules, laws etc. They are still war'ing

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Interesting as the lunar eclipse will be soon
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently turns the moon red

edit on 19-12-2010 by Giovannetti44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Giovannetti44
reply to post by Mr. D

Interesting as the lunar eclipse will be soon
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently turns the moon red

edit on 19-12-2010 by Giovannetti44 because: (no reason given)

yes, so do volcanic eruptions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So do nuclear explosions...
The two koreas are both great believers in not losng face! The back and forthing is all about face, not anything else....
KJI has some submarines they got from russia.
They are old diesel electrics, but they could have been modifies for cruise missles, or even for pulling an icbm on a sea sled launcher.
The NKs and iran are close partners in scheming up weapons systems.The Iranians have claimed to be the owners of a very fast underwater missle.This missle is suposedly unstopable by the technology we use today.
If true, i dont doubt ole KJI has gotten his grubby paws on at least the designs for same...
If so goodbye carrier fleet.
The present missle technology available to KJI may be adequate to reach Japan.If not could still knock out all the electricals there....
This combination EMP/MRBM would be plenty good enough for americas entire west coast if launched from a submarine platform.and what about Alaska?
There are some prime targets in alaska, as well as the entire state and part of BC would suffer electric failure in an emp blast of modest size.
So, the possibility of us being put in the hurt locker by a tiny postage stamp of a country has never been greater.....
The US is playing a dangerous game if it is encouraging SK to take on the north.
There are serious ramifications for a large portion of earths population. The northern pacific coasts...as well as asia proper.
The deep game of china, may be a strike on Taiwan after the ball gets opened, and they can see how the tide of battle shifts.
Taiwan itself is a military fortress with deep underground fortifications, and even airports underground for military craft.
They are very likely nuclear armed as well,and would put up a hellova struggle given half a chance....
China on the other hand has thousands of missles pointed across the water at taiwan,and could mount an invasion from the mainland fairly conveniently.
The Japanese, will not be allowed to remain neutral if the war breaks out,i am sure KJI will make a try to attack Japan with nukes or emp.reason?It is S Koreas closest base of supply and japan itself is an ally of SK.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
So do nuclear explosions...
The two koreas are both great believers in not losng face! The back and forthing is all about face, not anything else....
KJI has some submarines they got from russia.
They are old diesel electrics, but they could have been modifies for cruise missles, or even for pulling an icbm on a sea sled launcher.
The NKs and iran are close partners in scheming up weapons systems.The Iranians have claimed to be the owners of a very fast underwater missle.This missle is suposedly unstopable by the technology we use today.
If true, i dont doubt ole KJI has gotten his grubby paws on at least the designs for same...
If so goodbye carrier fleet.
The present missle technology available to KJI may be adequate to reach Japan.If not could still knock out all the electricals there....
This combination EMP/MRBM would be plenty good enough for americas entire west coast if launched from a submarine platform.and what about Alaska?
There are some prime targets in alaska, as well as the entire state and part of BC would suffer electric failure in an emp blast of modest size.
So, the possibility of us being put in the hurt locker by a tiny postage stamp of a country has never been greater.....
The US is playing a dangerous game if it is encouraging SK to take on the north.
There are serious ramifications for a large portion of earths population. The northern pacific coasts...as well as asia proper.
The deep game of china, may be a strike on Taiwan after the ball gets opened, and they can see how the tide of battle shifts.
Taiwan itself is a military fortress with deep underground fortifications, and even airports underground for military craft.
They are very likely nuclear armed as well,and would put up a hellova struggle given half a chance....
China on the other hand has thousands of missles pointed across the water at taiwan,and could mount an invasion from the mainland fairly conveniently.
The Japanese, will not be allowed to remain neutral if the war breaks out,i am sure KJI will make a try to attack Japan with nukes or emp.reason?It is S Koreas closest base of supply and japan itself is an ally of SK.

NK is a chinese puppet, unlike china NK has nothing left to lose as the western world right or wrong? I'd say f*** it and let the nukes fly....along with the Chemical and biological weapons. Do you have any clue what these
weapons can do in that theater? With so many people in that part of the world one bug can be devastating, let alone so many different concoctions. All out war can be very unforgiving.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The North has already attacked the South for doing war games on this island in a similar situation a few years ago. Even if there was a skirmish, I doubt that it would escalate into a full exchange unless other players come into the scene.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join