It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Peer-Reviewer of the "Active Thermitic Materials" paper identifies himself.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Again Bonez... do you think it was appropriate for Professor David Griscom to be a reviewer of the paper?

You must be LooseNuke over at 9/11 Blogger. If The Open Chemical Physics Journal chose Prof. Griscom to be a reviewer, then why are you not taking your concerns up with them?

As I've already stated, since Griscom and Jones aren't "friends" then there's no conflict of interest in that regards. I would hardly call them colleagues unless they actually worked on a project or paper or something together.

Do you have proof that they're colleagues as well?

Further, why aren't you emailing Dr. Jones with your concerns instead of posting them on a forum where you know he will not respond to your questions?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I merely reproduce what experts on the subject told me. Thats why I am here in the first place and they are being contradicted by people who lack the necessary background, yet are delusional enough to think by reading the NIST report they can understand it and put a value on it, despite lacking the necessary background to do either. Atheists have tried for quite a while now to convince modern man there is no god. No luck so far.

Some people are going to believe if they really want to believe.

But back on topic. The paper has been peer reviewed. FACT. The deniers squirm and moan over it grasping at straws (
he was his friend lolololol rofl
).

Now it turns out they were not friends at all. So the thermitic materials paper has still been peer reviewed and the assumption of the OP debunked. I feel this thread ran its course.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112

The Bush family and Salim bin Laden (Osama's brother) are friends too. What's your point?

Dude, really? First of all, please refresh your knowledge regarding Osama Bin Laden and his family. Please!

Then... next time you take a test at school...ask the teacher / professor if you can take it home and have your friends correct it.

Look, I don't want to get into everything about the Saudi bin Laden Group and the profits they've made off of the war(s) one of their family members supposedly got us into--at the risk of derailing your thread.

So let me try a different example: Dick Cheney and George H.W. Bush are friends and business associates. Evidently, the conflict of interest here isn't much of an issue, but a professor (i.e. Steven Jones) using a colleague's (i.e. David Griscom) peer review to back up his study is?

Are you familiar with the members of the 9/11 Commission?

Are you familiar with the people who wrote the blueprints for the invasion of Iraq?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the people who wrote the blueprints for the invasion of Iraq?

are you familiar with the proper peer review process? That's what this thread is about.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

are you familiar with the proper peer review process? That's what this thread is about.

Yeah, it requires impartiality. And I'll give you the fact that the peer review in question here isn't exactly a peer review...it's a colleague backing another colleague up.

And now I find myself asking you the same questions.

I'm not trying to derail your thread. I'm just trying to give examples of how people in power pick their friends to back-up their agenda. To me, that's a hell of a lot more worth raising eyebrows over than this.
edit on 19-12-2010 by nick112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And you ignored my post at the beginning of this page. Please show evidence that Dr. Jones and Prof. Griscom are, in fact, colleagues and have worked together on a project or paper.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

we do know that the government and other bodies of power are fully capable of "bullying" and that it happens all the time in this winner takes all mentality of a society.

Look at how amazon, mastercard, and paypal were bullied into withdrawing their services from wikileaks?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I applaud all the people who apply an actual research on the subject, seen as many people who did raise questions put their academic career at risk or have otherwise been bullied. I am sure far more professors would come forward if they would not have to fear, that their bread is taken from them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join