It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is fear to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Has anyone stopped to see the base strategic advertising ploy of anyone who wants anything from another is fear? Buy this because you'll need it "in case" of ( Fill in the blank) whatever scenarios. Even the fear of not being able to be happy when "something comes up that you never thought about" crap. I watch Hoarders on t.v. sometimes and can't help but notice half of the patients live that way out of fear. Most of the threads on ATS are OMG scenarios and opinions that seem to cater to fear or anger one way or another. I say: "Fear the Fearful". In my life I've been raped and pillaged and when I've been most afraid I'd done ANYTHING to change that reality. Fear doesn't make a person single minded it makes them dangerous. It's like fear can be offered, it can be imagined, it can be given. Fear seems to be a precursor to action one way or another. Makes me scared thinking about this. UGH!
My advise is; Listen out for language that is centered in fear. Watch out for "what ifs". Exercise courage with what you got. Your own grass is greener than you think. Listen to your heart and hear the whispers. Worry is useless.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Fear is a dark room, Love is a well lit room.

Fear is the inability to see yourself.
Love is the ability to see yourself.

fear is unsure and Love is predicable.

fear is Satan.
love is Lucifer.

Fear is the unknowing of your knowing.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by him777

You are correct!

"the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

Franklin D. Roosevelt...inaugural speech 1933...

S&F for your positive thread...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The act of FEARING something is almost as unhealthy as the fear coming true.

The paranoia is okay, but when your constantly fear, it causes stress, and the mental stress will manifest physically in the form of health issues.

So never fear, even if there is cause to. Just be ALERT!

top topics

join