It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma On ICBM's???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was just wandering if you put the same engine that supposedly or allegedly, can produce or shield on object with plasma. If you put that on an ICBM and it was covered with plasma this would make it almost impossible to shoot down, because you could not get a radar lock to fire missiles to shoot it down and im not sure on how plasma would affect lasers and do they even have infrared intercepting missiles?

Note - (There is no hard proof or evidence that plasma generators exist or have been used)

[edit on 5-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I was just wandering if you put the same engine that supposedly or allegedly, can produce or shield on object with plasma.
[edit on 5-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

I thought the kill vehicle uses infrared tracking. If they ever get spaced based infrared tracking system together, you may be able to pick it up.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Some missiles do use infrared tracking but would the plasma affect the shield at all would it make it weaker or absorb it?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Some missiles do use infrared tracking but would the plasma affect the shield at all would it make it weaker or absorb it?

I'm not aware of any plasma that would stop the IR radiation. That said, because of the heat of re-entry you are very limited in what you can make the re-entry vehicles out of.

And they are designed to have a low radar-cross section (and the MMIII also distributes chaff and "penetration-aids").

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I was just thinking if the plasma is surrounding the missile, and the IR kill vehicle tracks on it how can it be sure it hits the missile and not aim for part of the shell. Maybe it just heads to the center?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

I was just thinking if the plasma is surrounding the missile, and the IR kill vehicle tracks on it how can it be sure it hits the missile and not aim for part of the shell. Maybe it just heads to the center?

I think he is talking about the RV - which is small enough that any place will do ...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No the IR intercepting missiles lock on and then they are on a turret which rotates so that the missile will be hit head on no side shots sound difficult but affective.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well any ICBM is hard enough to intercept do to there altitude and speed. But IR would be the best way to handle these. I would think its hard not to notice and lock on to one of these.

new topics

top topics

join