It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The occultist Illuminati purpose behind the gay agenda in the USA.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This whole thread makes me sick.And no, not that sexuality (of any stripe) sickens me; just these outdated and antiquated beliefs. I often hope that we as a society will take steps forward in our collective social awareness and acceptance. And then one stumbles on a thread like this and my optimism drops drastically. I see, basically, attitudes and beliefs that should have died out years (let alone centuries) ago being flaunted and flung around. What is even more sickening is that none of these cowards have the guts to say this crap to the face of a gay individual IRL, they have to hide behind the anonymity of the internet like every other internet tough guy (ITG) out there. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

You are very wrong. The common denominator is not the act but the attraction.

As for who determines what is classified as a Mental Illness.. Ever hear of these guys?
They spend their entire lives on it in actual study. Not just reading an article or two and posting opinions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Diceman22

1. Being gay IS a choice. At least it was for both my sister and my aunt. I won't divulge into the reasons at this time, but they both became lesbians in their adult years. Unless they're both lying to me, they made this choice out of personal preference. This isn't really related to the topic, but others have raised it so I wanted to touch on it.

You probably just got things mixed up. Your sister and aunt were always lesbians or bisexual, and they just choose to come out and act accordingly in adulthood. Personal preference is what makes someone homosexual, so you even said it yourself.

I sure as hell cannot choose what I am attracted to. Sexual preference is not a choice.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Diceman22

Just to posit this:

1. Being gay IS a choice. At least it was for both my sister and my aunt. I won't divulge into the reasons at this time, but they both became lesbians in their adult years. Unless they're both lying to me, they made this choice out of personal preference. This isn't really related to the topic, but others have raised it so I wanted to touch on it.

No, it isn't. Many people however have both attractions thus they can decide which path-or both-they will have. Gay people do not have that choice if they want any degree of happiness in this existence.

(edit) thought I included the following initially...

Many people do not come out until they are adults. It is common to see marriages fall apart because one has someone on the side. They are horrific in my opinion because it always is more destructive than simply having the testicular fortitude to begin with.

Given most people grow up in a negative environment-they almost always hide who they are for awhile at least. After they get around people who are a bit more emotionally mature-they start to come to grips as it's not a constant onslaught.

Your relatives either were always gay, or they are Bi-. If the later they just chose to try the other side of the coil. People who are not Bi- can live like that for awhile but it always turns out very very bad for all involved.
edit on 20-12-2010 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Does the OP not know that you can not state that being gay is not natural?

Did he not know that the whole "gay" subject is to sensitive to talk about? Even for this website?

Did he not know that humanity is so F'ed up that they will fight to protect their insanity?

I did not even want to post on this thread, mainly because I know that humanity right now can not be told what is right or wrong about sexuality because the entire planet is FUBAR and personally I will probably be long dead and buried before humanity wakes up to the fact that gay people need help not encouragement.

I am not going to reply to anyone about my post, simply because I know that most of the planet is pro-gay. This planet sucks, its stupid, its full of ignorant people, its full of people who can not add 1+1, never mind the obvious physical body part compatibility issues. Man and Woman equals life, my mother told me about the birds and the bee's, not test-tubes and lube. So, there you have it folks, men and women are actually required for humanity to survive.

< sighs as he knows 99% of everyone are brainwashed and pro-gay >

Nice attempt OP, but the whole Navy subject is now being used to sway the actual story of your thread.
edit on 20/12/2010 by the_denv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What scares me is not that there are individuals with extreme and hateful views out there, but that the vast wishy-washy majority can from time to time be swayed by those extremists.

So it scares me when I see or hear them spout off and worry that I must fight to protect the dreaded tide from swinging. God forbid we should join the Saudis and start executing teenagers for being gay.

Face it. Not everyone in Saudi Arabia is a mental basket case. They probably have the same mix of sane and stupid people that we have in the West, and yet they tolerate such an unconscionable policy.

So, rant on evil crazies. We need to know where you are so we are not consumed with your hate and prejudice. Peace, and Happy Holidays. Maybe Santa Clause, or the Buddha, since you follow him OP will bring you some compassion and enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

It is sensitive because most threads read like they came from a hate group's propaganda bin.
Otherwise-this site has a diverse group of people from all walks of life and a sampling from many nations.

The SAME myopic and poor opinion filled statements that people like you give on this topic- have been applied to countless other groups and refuted countless times.

Simply put: Confirmation Bias is profoundly powerful, especially when it lets one keep the feeling that it is OK to hate and that they are at least one notch above another group of people.

Examples:

Interracial Marriage.
Untouchable Castes.
Poor
Natives/Indigenous peoples.

Essentially: Opinions are not precious. Everyone has them; and most of them are horrifically wrong.
This is why we go on facts. This is why we have the idiom of "your rights end where mine begins".

So yes. It is wrong. You see you have your right to your freedom of expression-But not at the expense of injury; be it physical or emotional to others.

I don't care what mythology someone choses to pretend to base their life around. Certain things adults just do not do. If they chose to violate that then they need to be dealt with. Violating the rights of others is the chief thing that is unacceptable.

I have seen kids living on the streets simply because their parents thought they might be gay. I have seen the aftermath of attacks. I have been attacked myself. I will not sit idly by while people say things like this and I will NOT spare your feelings on the matter.

This topic affects lives. You people need to grow up and find a new topic to chest thump and prove you are holy to each other with.
edit on 20-12-2010 by lordtyp0 because: Correcting some phrasing for clarity.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

As a born again christian these views sicken me. First off where do any of us get off judging anyone? If your views are religious, read your bible, stop taking one or 2 scriptures and blowing them out of proportion. Romans ch 1 does not refer to homosexuality at all. The church has always been behind the times when it comes to accepting people, (women, minorities etc). If you're so upset with homosexuality and how it's taking over your small minded world, where is your anger towards adulterers and murderers, or liars or people that promote hatred and bigotry. I'm not sensing any love from your so called religious right view point. Cheer up, don't fear, replace your fear with love and see how your world changes. Accept who you are created to be and allow others to be who God created them to be.

First, this is not an attack on you, but an attempt to clarify, and throw some support for the Post.

As a Born Again Christian, please allow me ask you a few things.

Where in the Post did you perceive an attack on a Homosexual?
The topic is not about a person, but rather about an agenda. His whole arguement is targeted at TPTB. You may not agree with his thesis, but your statements do create a contradiction.
How can you lecture him to stop judging, when you turn around and judge him as intolerant?
How can you tell him to not fear Homosexuality, when you fear his Thesis or fear his faith?
Why should he accept others for who God created them to be when you don't seem to accept adulterers or murderers for who "God created them to be"?
Just where in the Bible does God command us to have anger towards people?
(Adulterers, Murderers)
Where in the post do you perceive he is angry OR is angry at Homosexuals?

While he makes no bones about his view that homosexuality is an open door to 'lower entity's', he never expressed his opinion about homosexuals themselves.

The Bible is clear, we are to love thy neighbor as thyself. You can surely disapprove of someone's actions without loving them any less right? We are even commanded to do so.

I strongly urge you, if you really are a Bible believer to study:

ROMANS 1:26-32 God calls Homosexuality Unnatural, Vile, lust, unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, haters of God,despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things,covenantbreakers, without natural affection............WHO, KNOWING the judgment of God...............but have pleasure in them anyway!
GENESIS 18:20-21
19:4-5
2 PETER 2:6
LEVITICUS 18:22
20:13
1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10
JUDE 6:7
-------------------------------------

Especially as a Christian, when one misrepresent Gods Truth or one sees it and does not call it out, one becomes complicit in the act!

"Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: WHO CHANGED THE TRUTH OF GOD INTO A LIE"

God did not create us to do things that offend Him. We choose to. But God loves us anyway.
Surely, God loves anyone even if they are a Homosexual. However, clearly He warns against the lifestyle.

I pray you will understand more clearly what is pleasing & displeasing to God, so that you can grow in your relationship with Him. I also hope you become a strong enough person in your faith, that you can stand up for Biblical Truth, without feeling you are attacking people by doing so in love.

Lastly,
I hope you can see, that while I disagree with what you wrote, I am not attacking you or your character, but wanting to clarify a Truth so thoroughly covered in the Bible, that there is not the slimmest chance one can ever doubt where God stands regarding this subject. I applaud the Poster for braving this subject, and as well as you for standing up for others when you think anger is being directed at them.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

How is Homosexuality not an illness? How do you come to that conclusion?
Pre-1970 it was considered one, and somehow it soon became simply a 'lifestyle' choice.
How does that happen? Is the same going to happen with pedophilia? It soon will become nothing more than a 'lifestyle.'

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Disagree.. I know a gay person with an awakened kundalini.. So much for the gay agenda ..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JDooz

No one is getting harmed here.. Pedophilia the children are indeed getting harmed.. Unlike mutual understanding between two guys ..

I am not gay.. But I sympathize with their cause..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Man, I was thinking ATS has really gone to the dogs in the last 12 months or so but this one is just a new low.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDooz

Pre-1970 it was considered one, and somehow it soon became simply a 'lifestyle' choice.
How does that happen? Is the same going to happen with pedophilia? It soon will become nothing more than a 'lifestyle.'

If it does not harm anyone, how could it be an illness? Pedophilia harms children, homosexuality and plenty of other sexual practices do not harm anyone. Cant you see the obvious difference?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JDooz

Pre 1970 they also believed in demonic possession and treated depression in women with hoses blasting water into the genitals they also thought lobotomies were an acceptable treatment for a wide berth or things.

You see people change minds as new info comes to light.

It is not now seen as a mental illness because it never was.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JDooz

Because something was considered an illness a number of years ago means it still should be, that understanding cannot grow? In the middle ages, the earth was flat, and leeches healed all ailments. We have abolished those thoughts in favor of more realistic and educated ones.

To be clear to everyone, I didn't intend to sound overly hostile to anyone in my first post in this thread, I realize that doesn't exactly help the situation... I was so taken aback by some people's open attacks and hatred on the first few pages about things they don't understand, I know everyone has their own opinion but wow @ some of the propaganda and hate that people breed. I have a lot of respect for lordtyp0, who has been very calm and informative the whole time. My blood boils when I see baseless attacks, I could not bring myself to be so calm at that moment.
edit on 20-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jsmappy

How can you possibly expect to rest an argument on what "God says ..."?? Pray do tell when that was that he spoke to you personally, and that you knew it was Him, otherwise you are relying not on what God actually said, but what some "men" said he said a very long time ago.

Are you really telling me that you trust that kind of hearsay, uttered by mere mortals, fraught with political undertones, and subject to multiple translations to be the absolute truth???

I am sorry, but that kind of argument amounts to a waste of space on this page. It is beyond useless to try and prove anything. It is probably worse than the OP's misunderstanding of the centrality of compassion in Buddhism.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by duke396
Wait, are some of you seriously saying that homosexuality should be discouraged? Am I really seeing people compare homosexuality with pedophilia and robbery and murder? What the heck is wrong with you people, what century or alternate reality do you live in? I don't believe my eyes. I'm not saying being gay should be encouraged but I am saying that a person should be himself (or herself) and if it doesn't affect you then keep your nose out... I am as straight a guy as you will find, but I have lots of gay and lesbian friends who are awesome people that are no different from you and me other than they happen to like the same sex. Please explain to me and the rest of the non-bigots how that is offensive to you, without quoting irrelevant ancient religious dogma? A pervert is the same no matter what their sexuality, and a crime has a victim, which being gay does not. The only "sin" I see is closed minded idiots talking out of where the sun don't shine.
edit on 20-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

It should be discouraged because homosexuals die early from disease and drugs. I was molested by homosexuals when I was kid. Doesn't matter what age it's at. They were still doing homosexual acts on me.

What a load of rubbish! Try living somewhere like Brighton in the uk, and you will see gay people of all ages. Yes, some gay people dies from disease and drugs, but hetro's dies from disease and drugs.

I am sorry that you were molested as a child, but what does that have to do with gay people overall. if a young girl was raped by a man, does that mean the young girl should hate all men. If i was mugged and beaten up by a black, asian person, does that mean i should hate all black and asian people?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDooz

My God! What is wrong with these people! How the hell can you put gay people and pedophilia in the same group!? How the hell have you come to the conclusion that being gay is an illness. Just because people said it was? Where is your evidence that being gay is a mental illness.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune
hahahaha jax.

gays just want equal rights man. more power to them

Yeah!

And the thing is, these men and women want the right to put themselves in harms way for this country, unlike the cowards like Glenn Beck.

They WANT the right to risk their lives, without having to lie, without having to deny.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Isn't it obvious he's a disinfo agent tryna make muslims look bad?

He sounds like an American.

Aw man, now that there is just unkind to the rest of us Americans!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join