It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collateral Murder - US Pentagon Responce??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hi All,

This is quick to ask if anyone had a clip or statement that shows the US DOD or Pentagon responding to the Collateral Murder clip that was made available courtesy of our friends Wikileaks?

For reference the clip is here, and to add my opinion it is a disgrace!!

I have searched online but cannot find an exact responce to the clip from the DOD.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

This could be one of those cases where we won't get an official statement regarding the many war crimes we're responsible for. Just like being involved in a civilian law case, it's best they don't say anything at all. If anything, some guy with a lot of pins and shiny stars strapped to his uniform will say, 'those responsible will be punished according to standard military procedure.'

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
we've killed more innocent people than just the RT news crew.

The 3rd Marines in Vietnam some their fellow Americans do some pretty gruesome things in Vietnam and had to resort to alcohol to even be able to sleep at night.

Anytime we let the war machine loose, there's going to be innocent people that get killed. That's just how it is.

Man likes killin'.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Yellow Ledbetter

Hi,

Thanks for the responce and yes i agree, but i thought there must have been some kind of responce to the clip being leaked...something!!

I also know what you mean in terms of saying nothing at all but to me that is like asking for a lawyer in a police interview and upholding the right to remain silent... although in this case there has been no trial set so the defendant is enabled to remain silent.

Has anyone watched the recent Wikirebels documentary? A reporter travels to Iraq and shows the Collat Murder clip to the family of the man that stopped in the van to help... all i can say is very sad.

It's funny how things can look of you put persepctive on the issue, to us the military looks like its doing us a favour and helping world peace but to the people and citizens it is like an invasion and utter crap.

I tell you if the US army knocked on my door tomorrow and wanted to inspect my house i would tell them to get fkd, not because i have anything against US servicemen / women that are only doing their job and following orders but because i would ask why the hell are you at my house in my independant country?? FK U is what i would say!

You knwo what would happen, i would be taken by force and labelled and enemy combatant because i did not comply with an army order ( an amry that if foreighn to my country ) where was the UN?

Where was the UN when all this started and the US claimed to have evidence of WMD's, where was the UN? no wonder many Euro nations didnt want a part of the war, i pitty the AUS govt for being a bitch ti the US DOD and am ashamed that our men and women are still stuck over there.

Sorry guys i didnt mean to turn this into an anti-war thread, there are already enough of those.

All i have to ask is what is the UN doing?? Where are they and are they controlled by the US or just scared of going up against the Govt.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Havick, you are absolutely right.

Australia and especially John Howard should be ashamed and Howard should also be held accountble for war crimes for taking us into war.

It's funny how all these war crims are making themselves known just in time for their arrests.

Bush, Blair, Howard all writing memoirs and so forth. Yet not enough people have waken up to this fact.

But it gets bettter and better everyday.

2010: The Year We Make Contact!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yellow Ledbetter

This could be one of those cases where we won't get an official statement regarding the many war crimes we're responsible for.

When you say "we" are you admitting your share of responsibility for it as a voter? Is it not an understood agreement that the government speaks and acts on behalf of the people? Whether that behavior is really true or not is a moot point. By taking part in the benefits and privileges you are agreeing to that concept and share in the bloodshed and injustice.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Where was the UN when all this started and the US claimed to have evidence of WMD's, where was the UN? no wonder many Euro nations didnt want a part of the war, i pitty the AUS govt for being a bitch ti the US DOD and am ashamed that our men and women are still stuck over there.

All i have to ask is what is the UN doing?? Where are they and are they controlled by the US or just scared of going up against the Govt.

Maybe the UN is waiting for the right time to appear as the Knights in Shining Armour. Maybe they are waiting for the utter collapse so they can step in and be "The Saviors" of the world. All of this chaos is meant to lead to something is it not? Do you really believe it is all just happenstance? Or is it organized chaos with the "resolution" plans already laid and waiting?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

This war has proved how the UN will not stand up for what it exists for: maintain international peace and security, to safeguard human rights, to provide a mechanism for international law, and to promote social and economic progress, improve living standards, and fight diseases.
It's a hypocritical organization that allows powerful nations to bully who ever they want without having to worry about consequences. The US is the spoiled child and the UN is the mother who stands back with a smile saying, 'boys will be boys.'

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by Yellow Ledbetter

This could be one of those cases where we won't get an official statement regarding the many war crimes we're responsible for.

When you say "we" are you admitting your share of responsibility for it as a voter? Is it not an understood agreement that the government speaks and acts on behalf of the people? Whether that behavior is really true or not is a moot point. By taking part in the benefits and privileges you are agreeing to that concept and share in the bloodshed and injustice.

I am not for this type of criminal activity under the guise of spreading freedom and democracy. When H.J.RES.114 passed through senate, I was unable to vote (12 y/o), and false evidence (wmd's) was fed to my government to act on the mentioned resolution. It's safe to say that my generation of Americans are ashamed of the way our government has spoken on our behalf, and it's only a matter of time before heads start to roll for our fathers misguided actions.
How you came to that conclusion based from my brief response on the thread is beyond me. Not only is it ignorant and an attack on my character, but also a logic that belongs to the simplest minds of the world.

new topics

top topics

join