It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Speaks Out on WikiLeaks, Cybersecurity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

NSA Speaks Out on WikiLeaks, Cybersecurity

www.foxnews.com

The U.S. government's main code-making and code-cracking agency now works on the assumption that foes may have pierced even the most sensitive national security computer networks under its guard.

"There's no such thing as 'secure' any more," Debora Plunkett of the National Security Agency said on Thursday amid U.S. anger and embarrassment over disclosure of sensitive diplomatic cables by the web site WikiLeaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
.......and so the final piece has been put in place.

The fact that the N.S.A. has openly addressed the problem of wl, shows how far up this has been taken into consideration. But we should not be drawn into a conclusion as most of these reports leaked were not from secured terminals but rather from personnel who handle lets say "sensitive" information.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-12-2010 by tristar because: spelling .

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

But we should not be drawn into a conclusion as most of these reports leaked were not from secured terminals but rather from personnel who handles lest say "sensitive" information.

That's the point..These so called secret leaks were on a system that 500,000 people had clear access to..
Not exactly secret but enough to implement new, tough internet laws??
Probably...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by tristar

But we should not be drawn into a conclusion as most of these reports leaked were not from secured terminals but rather from personnel who handles lest say "sensitive" information.

That's the point..These so called secret leaks were on a system that 500,000 people had clear access to..
Not exactly secret but enough to implement new, tough internet laws??
Probably...

Not probably but definitely the outcome. But i should add that its not about policing the internet or what have you, but rather a tighter control on a system that has its flaws, similar to installing a burglar alarm in your home while having doors without locks.

It is ironic that people often asked me as to why i have such an avatar, i guess in my own way i was informing what was just around the corner.

p.s. i am not a fortune teller but a pragmatist.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
wait a minute let me get this straight.

THEIR network gets compromised,

and its OUR internet that gets reformed?

somebody please think of a catchy analogy for this one,

id do it but my face is stuck in the wall

edit::

similar to installing a burglar alarm in your home while having doors without locks.

that will do
edit on 19-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
They shouldn’t have been operating under the assumption that they were secure in the first place. Everything that is being is worded as if it is a new realisation is something that any similar organisation would have to consider in order to maintain adequate security.

I don’t believe for a second that NSA has been run by complete morons up until very recently when Wikileaks had made them realise how vulnerable they are, it looks like an excuse to put NSA and Wikileaks in the same article or for NSA to say "so you think we were secure before?" or just "oooh the NSA mentioned Wikileaks" for whatever reason.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Funny story. Once upon a time, a certain President wished to enact new, tougher "anti-terrorism" laws. Congress told him not a chance. Not long thereafter, there was a bomb scare at the Atlanta Airport. Hey presto, those new laws got passed in hurry - never mind that although ATL got "dumped" (emptied) and all flights were put on hold, there was never a bomb.

No...we haven't seen this WikiLeaks story before ever. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Doesn't any one else find it both ironical AND hypocritical, that the NSA and the US government are screaming 'FOUL' and 'How Dare You?' when others are shining a torch on some of the 'murkier' dealings?

This from an agency set up to spy on the communications of a whole planet, and the government who set them up.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprian
Funny story. Once upon a time, a certain President wished to enact new, tougher "anti-terrorism" laws. Congress told him not a chance. Not long thereafter, there was a bomb scare at the Atlanta Airport. Hey presto, those new laws got passed in hurry - never mind that although ATL got "dumped" (emptied) and all flights were put on hold, there was never a bomb.

Look ill be straight as can be. There are lunatics out there who will stop at nothing and have been brought up in an environment that drums into the heads of children that anything that is not with us is against us. These same people are the very people who grow up obtain an education and suddenly we read over the internet or what ever means of news one wishes that X amount of people have killed by a suicide bomber. The truth is, we are all living in a very real and dangerous world. Sure some measures are extreme and some other measures are lets say anything but secure, but that should not place anyone in a state of mind that everything in the world is flower power.

Every nation has its enemies and every nation deals with it as best as it can, it is simply the new world order so very widely talked about. This wont stop, it wont simply go away and the human race will not have enlightened state of existence were we all will live in peace and harmony. This is simply life.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

As if we were 'secure' before.

The disturbing part of this article to me was the NSA saying:

"There's no such thing as 'secure' any more,"

Sounds like they are disclaiming, in advance, any responsibility for anything that might happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by tristar

As if we were 'secure' before.

The disturbing part of this article to me was the NSA saying:

"There's no such thing as 'secure' any more,"

Sounds like they are disclaiming, in advance, any responsibility for anything that might happen.

Could very well be, well lets wait and see what 2011 has installed for us, given the ongoing confusion across the globe it shouldn't be too long now.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I would like to take time to perhaps engage members into reading the link bellow. A brief indication of what to expect if one chooses to read on.

At this point it is important to look at the difference between secrecy and privacy. The cables Assange collected were not secret, which is why they were so easy to collect on the Lady Gaga CD. Secrecy is acknowledged by both government and the public as dangerous, threatening accountability. The revised Freedom of Information Act marks the constantly shifting boundary between ourselves and our elected leaders. Those that have chosen to invoke JFK's speech on secrecy should note that his targets are secret societies and fascist regimes rather than the US diplomatic service which he held in high esteem.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is very good news to me... WL is making it more and more difficult for the dark cabal to feel safe about being able to communicate under cover of secrecy. It's almost as though there's a 'white hat' offensive going on here... make the Cabal less and less able to communicate secretly, and less and less safe to do so, with the result that they cannot function effectively and they will gradually start to dysfunction and implode. NSA has just contributed to that!

Don't forget about the Cabal's intent to constantly keep the sovreign people in a state of fear and 'survival' mode - the threats about the internet are feeding into that. It isn't going to be that easy for them to unilaterally take control of the internet and censor it....and in any case there is already software being created to create a new people's net which will by-pass government control.

Beware of buying into the fear...doing so supports the Cabal. They are afraid of us. They are panicking and scared because more and more people are waking up and seeing through the lies, and taking non-violent action in so many different ways they just can't control it. They can't put the genie back in the bottle! They will try anything to intimidate people into submission. Stay strong. Join the action!

edit on 19-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprian

(engineered) problem,(calculated public) reaction, (premeditated) solution(s).

Same trick new magician.

new topics

top topics

join