It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Positive - A Real Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Just found this video while surfing the interweb. It had a good impact on me, so I thought I'd share with you. It's good to hear that every once in a while some of us are capable of putting others before ourselves. It's a big lesson we all haven't really worked out. Times are tough, and no one's asking you to pack your bags and devote yourself to assisting the many starving countries in this world (though it is not a terrible idea) - But from something simple, like giving a homeless person on the street some beer, food, water, a blanket, or some money for all four. Might only have ten dollars in your own pocket, but you probably have a pair of old shoes you never wear. When I lived in San Francisco I was amazed at how they literally shoved them aside to the Tenderloin. The only way I could get through the day without feeling like I had done nothing, was to give a little bit.

That's what Easter, or whatever Holiday is coming up is all about right? (And no, you don't have to throw yourself infront of an oncoming train to save a man having a seizure, but this time I am glad someone did.)

edit on 19-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Good to see that theres still a few people in the world who care about their fellow human beings... Rare to see these days..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. A true hero. l wish l could do links, unfortunately l just cant get my head round it but there is a song sung by Johnny Reid, "Today lm gonna try to change the world" So many people are in need of our help, through no fault of their own. We can all help if we choose to. lf we cant help with money or warm clothes we can all take just a little time to sit and talk for a while to folk who have lost all hope, it doesnt cost a dime to show someone you care. Please, lf you can, listen to the words of the song, lf we all do just a little we can make a change. Peace and love starchild.

new topics

join