It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Nuclear Test site : Take a look at the weird stuff to be found there !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
cool pics!

is it safe to walk around there yet? is it still radioactive?

the pyramid building COULD be some kind of storage for sand or something similar. im from new york, and i see very weird looking buildings like this by roads, where they store the salt and junk they use to melt the ice on the highways.

i forget if it is an actuall pyramid or not, but it is huge, in a very odd shape. it took me a while to figure out what these buildings were, but they are all over the highways in new york and in northern nj.

who knows what that pyramid is, but i figured i would just shoot it out there i have seen weird salt storage buildings too!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Starred and flagged Taurus, interesting topic!

Looks like to me we're looking at site pics of both the old tower detonation bomb tests, and the later, larger underground bomb tests.

With all the ramps leading to underground tunnels, which apparently point towards the underground detonation points, and clearly visible vehicles on them, I'd say Uncle Sam is still pretty darned interested in the results of the underground tests.

Perhaps the bomb blasts produced something more interesting than just crater glass.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Nice pics, I would say maybe the debris is part of the structure that was holding and supporting the bomb. I do not believe they detonated on the ground.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Tetrahedron is at coord > 37° 5'46.32"N 116° 5'39.19"W

google earth

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Actually this is from the beginning of the video...

Just wanted to clear that up.

Now we have some of the same pics, but yours are better and more clear than whats in the video. I will have them close my thread because this one is better. I must say there are some strange things that are in the pictures and I wish I knew more about what we are seeing. Good job on the pics.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Nice. I used to have endless hours of fun combing the desert with Google Earth, the government has tons of stuff out there much of it probably abandoned. In fact one of my first threads on ATS some years ago was about just this sort of thing, of course I didn't have the in depth analysis you have here.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing

Very interesting pictures, do they remind you of anything? desert like environment, underground facilities, odd structures, pyramids... first thing that came to mind was our moon!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When they detonated nuclear devices either airial or underground surely they would be interested at they results at the actual site, hence the roads leading to these sites. The artifacts that you are seeing in the craters could be no more than perminent monitoring equipment. As for the spill down the crater side(even the filled in craters) what would be more logical than to get rid of nuclear waste than in a hole made by a nuclear weapon. It would have been helpful to have numbered your pictures, being so many, but a couple of them look like grounded parachutes(high atmospheric type) with their canopies and lines laid on the ground like they have just landed there. Still a very good post and still be very strange.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
One needs remember that the purpose of a test was not just to see if the device went 'boom', but to gather measurements so to create succeeding devices with an even bigger and better 'boom'. Toward that end there was very elaborate measurement equipment for every test. Much of the equipment was underground so that it could be recovered after the blast without it having been melted or otherwise disintegrated during the event. Housing this equipment underground required lots of concrete-reinforced structures and lots of tunnels to connect the structures with each other and 'ground zero'.

I'm not a physicist, but the the measurements naturally included flux densities of all sorts of radiation. The measurement devices couldn't be put right next to the nuclear device as they needed to survive long enough to collect data during the whole event, and transmit or record the data for recovery.

Many if not most of the structures are thus explained.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

rad

s&f

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I would say that the thread starter seems very paranoid and tries hard to see something suspicious in these pictures which in my mind doesn't contain anything weird at all.

When you are looking at things from above sure it might look weird, but do not start making assumptions when you do not even know what you are looking at! You talk like you KNOW what you're looking at and several of your explanations are just wrong.

Why would there be two craters next to each other? With something that you believe to be water in them?
Well, it could be craters from a nuke detonated under the ground which created two bursting "bubbles" at top when exploding and that the thing you think is a liquid is just sand from below (therefore not the same color as the sand on top). Or maybe it is milk for their giant mutant cat.

Originally posted by tauristercus
This image is so unusal. What is the purpose of the large device seen located within the crater near the top wall ? Certainly seems to be in a strange location. If it was a tower associated with positioning the nuclear device, wouldn't it have been positioned at the exact center of the crater ?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bb6fb8adf3c.jpg[/atsimg]

Structure? I only see shadows.
edit on 2010/12/19 by TrappedSoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010/12/19 by TrappedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know what to think but that is a funny avatar.

Are you insane?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They all look decently photoshopped. I rarely believe pictures anymore because of today's digital artistic capabilities.
Interesting, though.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

who ever said ignorance is bliss was in error. i really know that i know nothing. great post. eerie.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Goal Shack

They...look...photoshopped...

ATS...why are we here?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My guess about some of those structures would be that they have been built after the the nuke was set off and contain sensors to test for radioactivity.

Or that they are testing the integrity of various bunkers against nuclear strikes.

This desert must be so radioactive that it will be off limits for ever!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The "UFO" picture does look strange at first look, but it could simply be a mini crater that is into rock. The whole area looks like it has been used in later times for something like fragmentation bombing tests. The apparent shadow could be something left over from an earlier nuclear test.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Using Google Earth's time-lapse feature, I have deduced that the Tetrahedron is sort of a mechanical device; I can see cables extending from the top towards the back side. I suppose i don't know the exact shape, and that it was active at 6/7/2005 to 5/22/2006, and now I suppose it must be abandoned. I can't see anything after 2006, so who knows what is happenening there now.
edit on 19-12-2010 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In addition to the nuclear testing isnt this area also used for testing of the missile defense stuff? I know they have been testing high powered lasers (generic all encompassing term) that would require high energy output.

If I remember right I think we ae doing some new testing for the next generation of nukes. I know we did some live testing a few months back that pissed the world off.

There is no telling what other type of testing they are doing.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A lot of the "crater" looking pics are because of underground nuclear explosions. The explode hundreds, sometimes thousands of meters underground and then implode causing the ground to sink into a crater. the things sitting on top may be fragmented remains of towers or any number of things that they put into the crater to see how it would withstand the blast.

Hence: (notice the building sitting inside of the crater which most likely became a charred remnant after the fact)

The other stuff? Well, it's the government, who knows...they do weird stuff that can't always be explained by existing feasible logic.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join