It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Deus Ex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hey folks,

So, For those of us who Like a little conspiracy in our games, a new Deus Ex is coming out in Feb 2011.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. (An interesting title considering, eh?)

The Official Website

Not sure how this one fits in with the orginal Deus Ex, and Deus Ex: Invisible War, but this one is definitely over the top for the trailer of the game.

Here is the link for the trailers. Here

I think it's kind of.. bizarre that this is coming out at such a.... turbulent time. and if it contains anything like the last two did, it might seem kind of... coincidental.

Thoughts?
edit on 19-12-2010 by Cygnis because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to this.

I loved the original and played it endlessly. I can't remember whether I liked Deus Ex because of conspiracies or I liked conspiracies because of Deus Ex.

If there is anyone who hasn't heard of it, you should really check it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Definitely among the "Must play" games of the year. =)

And I would agree, Dunno which I got into first.. Deus Ex, or conspiracy but they both went nicely together.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Didn't think I would buy any more video games, after all the crap ones out these days. I am definitely going to pick this one up though, because I remember how great the ones were in the past. This looks like a new, amazing version of those older games. Human revolution sounds great to me, even if it is only a simulation.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Assassin's Creed, to me has a better conspiracy theory mythos than Deus Ex.
I can't bring myself to actually play the game though, not a fan of the gameplay. The mythos is definitely interesting.
Has the Knights Templar and Hashashin fighting for the future of the world in 2012. The Knights Templar captures an Hashashin initiate and uses his DNA memory to locate alien artifacts from history. Each of the games so far play through the memories contained in the initiate's DNA.

I don't play the game, but if they make a film I'll definitely watch it.

edit on 19/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: Fnord!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up.

Deus Ex for me ranks as the best RPG of all time. To anybody that hasn't played it, its an absolute must.

btw, interesting about Assassins Creed. Did not know that. I assumed it was just a historical spin on Tomb Raider. Tempted to go and buy it on budget now :-)

top topics

join