It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar shaped silver mercury colored UFO 250 feet above treetops...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
While I have never been a big conspiracy theorist believer or UFO believer I stumbled upon this site while researching human origin and after reading multiple posts here I wanted to share an incident I expereienced just east of Livingston Texas to see if anyone else has seen anything that resembles what I saw.

While driving on FM 1276 south at around 3pm, in broad daylight, with no cloud cover several years ago...(before cell phones became an every day item so I am thinking the year to be 95 or so) I had just crossed Big Sandy creek bridge when a huge shadow passed overhead lasting several seconds which caused me to look up to see what it was.The land is heavily forested with pine and above the 2 lane roadway is a gap in the tree canopy approximately 100 feet wide. My first thought before looking up was it was a group of B-52 bombers because they used to always fly in 3's really low just above the tree line and would cast a shadow over you. I then realized there was no sound.When I looked up what I saw was a silver mercury colored fuselage about the diameter of a blimp.Which is what I thought it was at first until I noticed it was eerily smooth and thinner than a blimp with no discernible edges or bolts and had a yellowish/whitish glow surrounding it! It was not bright but it hurt the eyes to look at and I remember feeling slightly dizzy.It was moving forward at a steady pace but it was moving jerkily back and forth, back and forth really fast like being in two places at once while moving.It was huge, made no sound was at the most 500 feet away from me when I drove under its shadow.I slowed way down to about 20 mph and kept expecting to see a tailfin or something at the end but it was just a hollowed out indention at the end which surprised me.There was no exhaust or smoke.Reminded me of the tail end of the old cartoon rockets with no fins.I never saw the front of the craft only midway to the end.It was wider in the middle and sloped towards the front and rear.Wish I could draw it for you guys.Anyways that's what I saw.I don't know what it was.Perhaps an experimental government craft or perhaps not of this world.Any other sightings such as mine reported here? I know what I saw and that it was real and just wanted to know if any other descriptions such as this have been posted here or written about elsewhere.Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hey Tex, welcome. My senses tell me, a number of ATS members have had relatable experiences (not as dramatic i'm sure)... you'll find yourself quite at home.

You seem to remember an awful lot of detail from that day in 95'... I can't really remember yesterday... or a few hours ago... in that much detail...

Look forward to more.

Mav

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
When I realized what I was seeing was something entirely new and possibly not of this world I was excited.I was thinking to myself holy cow it's an honest to goodness spaceship! LOL. It was like having a rush of adrenaline from your first kiss or first Buck kill if any of you are hunters.It is imprinted in my memory as clear as day.I'm leaning towards it being some government craft with some as of yet unheard of propulsion system.Possibly gravity or some-such because of the way it was moving.I really don't know.I just know what I saw and am telling you guys.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Could you go into more detail about the movement of the craft then? And perhaps appearance?

By the way it was described... and "appearing in 2 different places" it doesn't sound very residential or terrestrial to me...

And if it was "ours" ... you can be sure it was reverse-engineered like many other examples of 'modern technology'.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hi and welcome,Have you told other people and if so what was their reaction?You sound genuine to me

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Take a pencil between your thumb and index finger and shake it back and forth as fast as you can while moving forward is the best way I can describe its movement.There was no up or down movement only side to side really, really fast as it moved steadily forward.It was not moving forward really fast but it was so big the speed forward may have been faster than what it seemed.From the time I first saw it and slowed down I saw the thing for approximately 20 to 25 seconds.I came across the bridge then around a curve and into a straight-away that goes uphill for about a lil over a quarter mile.I know the detail of this area because it is my hometown. I grew up there.I'm an educated country boy I suppose I could say to describe myself.I work for a major chemical company here in Texas and have a degree in chemical process technology.
I don't know how else to describe the craft. It was huge. Cylindrical sloping shaped like a cigar. It was a deep gray color like mercury. It had no markings on it and no edges. It had a yellow/white glow or aura that encircled it and stood out maybe a foot but that was not what hurt my eyes.The jerking back and forth hurt my eyes trying to focus to see it in two places at once.I don't know how else to describe it.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Told my Dad and brothers.Told a few friends.I'm not crazy or a whacko they believe me.I'm no attention seeking internet troll.I am 38 married with kids and work a rotating 12 hour shift of nights one week and days the next in a chemical plant.
My dad thinks it was new technology not admitted by the government yet.My brothers and friends joke around saying if Aliens were that close they must be searching for me and will get me some day.We laugh it off but they know me and that I do not lie and would not make something like this up.I don't want people to think I'm nuts.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Anybody who assumes you're nuts is doomed to a miserable life within a very small and uncomfortable box. (they all have one to look forward to, anyway!)

I am not saying it may not be technology , man-made, but by the sounds of it... I highly, highly doubt it. Like I said, if it was, here is likely evidence of reverse-engineering.
edit on 19-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Who ever it was, probably wanted to gauge your response/reaction to it. If it was military, they may have wanted to see just how many people believe you and possibly if the power souce and drive had any medical effects on you. Did you get sick after or have people suggest you should get a check up? How many times a second did it flicker back and forth, imo, it has to be under 28Hz.

Some would say if you saw it, you were already on in and probed.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by XL5

No didn't get sick, didn't tell anyone for quite some time though.It didn't affect my truck.No flashing headlights or gauges going crazy...engine didn't die.Nothing like what you may have seen in the movies.Although there was a sensation similiar to what it feels like to walk under a high voltage electrical tower.I don't know how fast it was moving back and forth.It was fast enough so that it seemed to be in two places at once while it was moving.It was like shake back and forth shake back and forth then smooth then shake back and forth shake back and forth then smooth.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw one of these once on my way to work a few years ago. It just stayed stationary, though.
I watched it for a while, as it was very beautiful.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Well, I wouldn't say this was beautiful... more like terrifyingly invigorating.

XL5

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hmmm, seems like it was opperating at two frequencies. It may have been 12Hz and 0.5-1Hz. If none of the leafs were shaking in the same way, then the craft was not "moving" from side to side. It may have been appearing in those locations, but not moving to them. Other then that, I don't know.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I saw something quite similar to what you're describing in NH in October 2008. I was at a haunted hayride and was walking inbetween a barn and a corn maze in a large field. I was looking up into the sky and at about cloud height about 500-1000(?) ft away I saw a huge cigar shaped black metallic object that moved across the sky from right to left and made a "zig" along its course. It had a green blue glow coming off of it and made it from the right side of my view to out of sight in about one second flat. It made absolutely no noise and that Z move it made along its course was completely surreal.

Thanks for sharing.

Sly F

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
ive never heard of it and i live in the same area as you

new topics

top topics

join