It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban: Settlement freeze top UN agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Ban: Settlement freeze top UN agenda

www.presstv.com

The United Nations has identified improving living conditions in the Gaza Strip and ending Israeli settlement activities on occupied Palestinian lands as among its top priorities in the new year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Israel is digging its own grave.

It still relies on US to survive, but we all know US is in decline, how long before the Zionist terrorists bow down to justice?

Peres said that, "for our existence, we need the friendship of the United States of America."

www.jpost.com...

So how long?

When will US citizens wake up and take control of their own country, and kick the Zionists elites out who are putting US interests in the side lines, and pursuing Zionist interests.

And

If US wakes up and take back control, what would happen to Israel?

What would happen to Palestinians?

Do you guys expect another Holocaust? But this time at the hand of Zionists, and the victims innocent aborigines of that land.

Thoughts

oz

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Two damning words...

"Veto Power"

Forget the UN, it doesn't even pretend to be democratic..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Crazy idea. Has anyone considered that in order to prevent the U.S. collapse, that the U.S. would join with Canada and Mexico to form the North American Union to save its own butt? There are conspiracies about this. I know the U.S. is said to be declining but I can't see an Eastern power ruling the world. I think SOME Western power will prevail and take the U.S.'s title as the dominant force in the world.

About Palestinians, I am very much on the fence about this because it has been DECADES and most countries and the U.N. have been on the side of the U.S. and Israel until now. Why do they care NOW? Are they getting ready for a change or something? I'd like to hear more Arab countries voice their opinions on Palestine and not just Western countries.

North American Union

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-12-2010 by DevilJin because: no reason

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Oh goody... Yet another useless un show for the world... Next year it will be business as usual for israel building settlements and slaughtering palestinians.. While the un sit around playing with themselves thinking theyve done something...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There were air strikes last night in central Gaza. It doesn't get a mention any more in UK news. Strange as the BBC were obsessed by the attacks not so long ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
There were air strikes last night in central Gaza. It doesn't get a mention any more in UK news. Strange as the BBC were obsessed by the attacks not so long ago.

I think you are confused..
The MSM usually report a firecracker going off in Israel but ignores bombings in Palestine...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism
There's a related story. Couldn't find the original I read.

Arab countries will submit a draft resolution to the UN, protesting Israel's defiant construction of illegal settlements on the occupied Palestinian lands.
. . .
Shaath, however, claimed that it is “difficult” for the United States to stand in the way of the resolution "after it has publicly opposed the settlement."

The UN and the European Union have underlined the illegality of the settler units under the international law.
www.presstv.com...

The other article I read stressed that since Israel rejected the sweet heart deal made by Obama, Veto in UN in exchange for Israeli settlement freeze, it's doubtful that US will veto the resolution.

But really, if the US vetoes the upcoming resolution they will in essence be vetoing the UN Charter and the Fourth Geneva Convention. Every one should know that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

But really, if the US vetoes the upcoming resolution they will in essence be vetoing the UN Charter and the Fourth Geneva Convention. Every one should know that.

Hasn't stopped them before..
Why would it now??

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Hasn't stopped them before..
Why would it now??

Keep the resolution short, sweet, and to the point.

Framework: Whereas UN Charter states [chapter and verse] countries will not expand there borders through military conflict. The territories were occupied in 1967 etc etc annexation not allowed

Whereas Fourth Geneva Convention [chapter and verse] states that the occupying power (Israel) will not transfer it's civilian population into occupied territory.

Israel is found to be in violation of Fourth Geneva Convention through its continuing settlement building.

Hereby demand the cease of this transfer of Israelis through settlement and immediately take all necessary steps to reverse it.

And if the US Vetoes, then the General Assembly should take all necessary steps to remove US from membership.

edit on 20-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Helen Clark is a sell out to U.S. pressure as Wikileaks just exposed. Sending our guys to Iraq to sell more cheese.

www.stuff.co.nz...

The UN is full of people pretending to care, but are only your normal everyday dishonest politicians. Unless the U.S. want change, it will not happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
lol New years resolution, eh?

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Shah of Iran was RIGHT so many years AGO!

I recommend people to watch that.

top topics

join