It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Jews and Muslims - A Simple Question

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

No need for apologies brother; i knew what your intentions were; sharing of knowledge - That's we want in these debates.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

no... I truly believe Atheism is causing big time problems in England as I have seen on the videos around here, also what I am hearing from those particular theists (Muslims) happens to be quite true...

Muslims use that special word for an Atheist, and I have been able through Holistic thinking
to understand what they are saying.

Being Islamic population is so vast one must consider their voice and opinion, I am a Theist that has no problem with the Islamic people around me. Surely in the United States you will not see them marching through the streets like they are over there, albeit we have our own share of Kafir... Muslims assimilate rather well over here because we respect all religions and we are not preaching atheism's doctrine over here 24/7, though even atheism has a voice here in my country too. (Most)... even youngsters and metal-heads have faith in God (notice I said 'most' and not all so please do not take it out of context)

en.wikipedia.org...

In short a "Kafir" translated into to the English language normally refers to an "Atheist"

are they right ? regardless of which denomination of theism it is coming from...

edit on 12/31/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
no truly I believe Atheism is causing big time problems in England as I have seen on the videos around here, also what I am hearing from those particular theists happens to be quite true...

Is atheism the problem or is it xenophobia?

they use that special word for an Atheist and I have been able through Holistic thinking
to understand what they are saying.

What is this "Holistic thinking"?

Being their population is so vast one must consider their voice and opinion, I am a Theist that has no problem with the Islamic people around me and surly in the United States you will not see them marching through the streets like they are over there, albeit we have our own share of Kafir... Muslims assimilate rather well over here because we respect all religions and we are not preaching atheism's doctrine over here 24/7, though even atheism has a voice here in my country too... most, even youngsters and metal-heads have faith in God (notice I said most and not all so please do not take it out of context)

I have no problems with muslims either. Some of the nicest people I know are muslim.

Let's not pretend that a handful of xenophobes represent atheism, nor pretend that religion isn't causing problems in the world.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Is atheism the problem or is it xenophobia?

no Atheism is the problem because it lives only in its own little world, atheism does not consider any other theistic faith at all, simply they believe all of them are wrong and Atheists are right. (the Truth)

but all 'Theists' have their own version of the truth and they happen to out number Atheists by a very large margin.

This is not good man, and personally I fear Muslims are letting Britain have it over there because of this very fact and narrow mindset. It is called "no respect" demonstrated endlessly by the atheists and their smug attitude with no benevolence or humbleness to their nature in consideration of the poor and/or other cultures.

this is exactly my point, atheism doe not know it all, but they only seem to know Darwin or narrow fields of Science. You may also like to look up Holistic thinking... Obviously atheists are unaware of it, given the evidence of their pompous nature in their comedy stints and podium professions.

I have no problems with muslims either. Some of the nicest people I know are muslim.

I assure you we do not either, but they do have a problem with Britain and France right now if you have not noticed ? I say pompousness gets what it deserves because it does not even understand the word "humble"

think about it... Atheism in general need to show a little more heartfelt respect.

(and before you accuse me of responding to attacks, I know I have done this here but I am trying not to do it anymore... your atheistic youth sucker-punched me and by American law I am allowed to knock you guys out after that)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
make your money... but consider how many problems and after effects it is causing.

no one is asking any atheist to convert but only to shut the heck up and show a little respect for others who do not believe as atheists do. We have our own truth.

it is ok if you choose not to believe, we in America don't really give a hoot, just keep it to yourselves and respect all religions.

Islam is coming down hard on England man and I know now why all this fear and running ect.. trying to stay safe saying one does not believe in anything at all ect... just don't bring it over here with you please.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

no one is asking any atheist to convert but only to shut the heck up and show a little respect for others who do not believe as atheists do. We have our own truth.

Religion is not "truth" and irrationality and faulty logic should not be treated with respect in any arena of debate or discussion; In politics, medicine, science, and especially religion or faith.
edit on 31/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
no Atheism is the problem because it lives only in its own little world, atheism does not consider any other theistic faith at all, simply they believe all of them are wrong and Atheists are right. (the Truth)

but all 'Theists' have their own version of the truth and they happen to out number Atheists by a very large margin.

Everyone thinks they're right about their beliefs, you included. The number of people who follow a given belief doesn't lend any credence to the truth of it though.

This is not good man, and personally I fear Muslims are letting Britain have it over there because of this very fact and narrow mindset. It is called "no respect" demonstrated endlessly by the atheists and their smug attitude with no benevolence or humbleness to their nature in consideration of the poor and/or other cultures.

It's a two way road. Islam is very unaccepting and intolerant of many of the west's cultural norms. A clash is inevitable, though I believe this is much more culturally driven rather than theologically driven.

this is exactly my point, atheism doe not know it all, but they only seem to know Darwin or narrow fields of Science. You may also like to look up Holistic thinking... Obviously atheists are unaware of it, given the evidence of their pompous nature in their comedy stints and podium professions.

There is no requirement in atheism to follow either Darwin or the sciences. I only asked you about "Holistic thinking" because you seemed to imply that it was the source of intuiting the definition of a word.

think about it... Atheism in general need to show a little more heartfelt respect.

There are some atheists that are disrespectful, but atheism isn't. It seems to me you most likely have more of a problem with zealotry rather than ideology or theological differences.

(and before you accuse me of responding to attacks, I know I have done this here but I am trying not to do it anymore... your atheistic youth sucker-punched me and by American law I am allowed to knock you guys out after that)

I understand you're going to react to what you're served, that's understandable. However, beware not to mistake the provocateurs of any ideology for the ideology itself. Otherwise we run the risk of assuming all christians are like Fred Phelps or that all muslims are like Bin Laden. There are good and bad in every bunch and the line between them isn't as simple as identifying their religious/non-religious views.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

There you are mate. I post that at page 6 . About Holistic knowing and thinking.

Peace and Happy New year

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Islam is very unaccepting and intolerant of many of the west's cultural norms.

This is an understatement IMHO; At the core of the doctrines lies concepts of jihad and martyrdom, some of the doctrine actually incites genocide of non-believers.

The Quran makes it clear that Islam is not about universal brotherhood, but about the brotherhood of believers:

The Believers are but a single Brotherhood (49:10)

How are we suppose to find solidarity with these people if the essense of their belief creates prejudice towards peope of other belief systems?

This is what frustrates me about the exclusivity of the mono-theistic doctrines, the abrahamic ones in particular.

"About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad's biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers."
Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

Source
edit on 31/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
wrong forum post, sorry mods please ignore.

edit on 12/31/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join