It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin shuttle plane flights to Michael AAF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
N146PC on flight aware

M0091/10 - EXTENSIVE UAV ACTIVITY INVOF KDPG AND R-6402. 01 DEC 16:33 2010 UNTIL 31 JAN 23:59 2011. CREATED: 01 DEC 16:34 2010

So we have a notam for UAV testing at Michael AAF and now the Lockheed shuttle has been flying there. Possible conclusions:
1) Lockheed is flying a UAV out there
2) pure coincidence
3) desert Christmas party

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Gorgon Stare is being tested now, and officials hope it will be fielded within two months. Each $17.5 million pod weighs 1,100 pounds and, because of its configuration, will not be mounted with weapons on Reaper aircraft, officials said.

is from
Washington Post

The timing of this test seems to fit the testing at Dugway.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Gorgon Stare is being tested now, and officials hope it will be fielded within two months. Each $17.5 million pod weighs 1,100 pounds and, because of its configuration, will not be mounted with weapons on Reaper aircraft, officials said.

is from
Washington Post

The timing of this test seems to fit the testing at Dugway.

Yer link is f'd. Here is the correct one:
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.
I love the name. "Gorgon"

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Thanks for the link correction. I used the mobile link which for most newspapers works fine on the desktop.

I found a few more links on Gorgon Stare.
2009 unclassified budget
Gorgon Stare starts on page 2. It was called WAAS before, which is a terrible name since it relates to GPS technology.

Air Force Times

Turns out this was public news in Feb 2009. The article mentions Angel Fire. Angel Fire spent a lot of time at Nellis. I was sent photos of it from spotters that didn't want them published. Fortunately there is a shot of Angel Fire

Angel Fire

Because they modified a civilian plane (N91S) to make Angel Fire, I have a list of all the equipment on board that I purchased from the FAA. I'm not sure I can publish the FAA data directly, but I could make a list of the gear if someone really wants to know.

Getting back to Gorgon Stare, the Reaper is a General Atomics plane, but that really doesn't rule out Lockheed making the sensors. If they were testing this plane at a GA airfield, I'm sure someone would have photographed it. The GA sites are not that remote. Now Dugway in the winter? Yeah, that would be both remote and a PITA.

join