It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Politicians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I find it odd that Native American politicians seem to never run for higher level government positions. Here's a list of Native American politicians:

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps the shamanic aspect of Native American culture is exactly what leadership requires today: a more balanced in-tune with nature approach to energy, environmental, and national policy in general.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That's interesting since in Canada, there are Aboriginal politicians which have garnered the latest attention of the media as seen in this article in the Vancouver Sun newspaper.
www.canada.com...
There are however some who are better, of course. I don't have the sources yet but it can be done.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
To rise in the ranks in DC you have to be approved by the Cabal. Anyone who is honest, with integrity and wishes to act in the best interests of the American people will not be favored.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wow love the video! I am Cherokee and from my perspective I believe Native Americans would not want to get caught up in the Govt system of today. However I believe if they were to take higher offices we would find more Peace and Love in the world. Great thread S @ F!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Maybe it's because "America" has never made us feel welcome in our own land???
There are are a good many Natives who do run for office just not US offices...
Take for instance the Native American Embassy in Washington DC...

We do have our own political groups but they act more as a watchdog org

The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) was founded in 1944 in response to termination and assimilation policies that the United States forced upon the tribal governments in contradiction of their treaty rights and status as sovereigns. NCAI stressed the need for unity and cooperation among tribal governments for the protection of their treaty and sovereign rights. Since 1944, the National Congress of American Indians has been working to inform the public and Congress on the governmental rights of American Indians and Alaska Natives.

Over a half a century later, our goals remain unchanged. NCAI has grown over the years from its modest beginnings of 100 people to include member tribes from throughout the United States. Now serving as the major national tribal government organization, NCAI is positioned to monitor federal policy and coordinated efforts to inform federal decisions that affect tribal government interests.

Now as in the past, NCAI serves to secure for ourselves and our descendants the rights and benefits to which we are entitled; to enlighten the public toward the better understanding of the Indian people; to preserve rights under Indian treaties or agreements with the United States; and to promote the common welfare of the American Indians and Alaska Natives.

NCAI homepage

FYI When it was opened it wasn't the US who was our first official visitors, no that honor went to China.... go figure...
edit on 19-12-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm actually a tiny percent Cherokee, funny enough. Thanks for checking out the thread. I really do believe something like this would help everyone.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks for posting the link to the NCAI DaddyBare. I'm going to have to read up on the way things are currently organized. Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Native American = Matter.

Politicians = Antimatter.

Native American Politician = Oxymoron.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Yup, you got that right. If only we could conquer our cynicism long enough to make some real progress. You know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Whats up with the weird music, i hope nobody thinks that is actual native music

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gardCanada
That's interesting since in Canada, there are Aboriginal politicians which have garnered the latest attention of the media as seen in this article in the Vancouver Sun newspaper.
www.canada.com...
There are however some who are better, of course. I don't have the sources yet but it can be done.

Well, we did have a Lieutenant-Governor of Ontario who was, I believe, Mohawk. That ought to count for something.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
I find it odd that Native American politicians seem to never run for higher level government positions.

...rick perry is part comanche but i dont remember how much or if he admits to it anymore... doesnt matter... being indigenous doesnt guarantee you'll be an honorable person any more than being white guarantees that you're gonna be a santa claus believer...

...and, btw, that list in wikipedia only noted people from federally recognized tribes and totally left out those with a spanish last name but thats par for the course...

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
Perhaps the shamanic aspect of Native American culture

...theres no such thing as just one native american culture, just like theres really no such thing as the american culture... think about it... theres all kinds of white cultures - german traditions arent identical to french or italian or irish traditions... ndns are a diverse people too...

...re: shamanic aspect... i know some old women that would smack you for saying that...
..but times have change and words dont mean what they used to... like conservative used to mean "a conserving modest way of being" but now, in some crowds, it means a selfish jerk with a superiority complex... shrug...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Norwegian terrorist visited Belarus

Terrorist Andres Beivik, who killed 93 people in Norway, wanted "changes in the society". Euroradio.fm has found out that Breivik visited Belarus a year ago.
In his manifest "A European Declaration of Independence", published in the Internet, Norwegian terrorist describes Belarus as a country which suffered from Chernobyl. Breivik condemns Lukashenka's regime, speaking about selling agricultural production from the polluted areas.
The terrorist divides Europeans into three European races. He claims that Belarusians are Nordic people, a Nordic type. Due to some reason, he sets Siarhej Haidukevich's Liberal-Democratic party as an example of a nationalist party.

www.euroradio.fm...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I believe a Native American president is what is needed for this country something different from the norm

new topics

top topics

join