It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real dependancy of Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hi all, this is my first post so please bear with me here.
I wanted to bring the real reason we are dependant on Oil. Most people have the oppinion that fuel is all that oil is about. This is not the case.
Plastics!!!! The real profit from oil is little plastic pellets. Now think about this a second......
Just use your home as an example. What is made of plastics in your home alone.
Your TV's
Your Computers
Your Kitchen appliances and utensils
Some furnature....
And what about the function of your home. The wiring in your home...The plumbing.
Well the list is pretty big here.
Now think about your food, how much of it is packaged in plastics?

Needless to say that if you truely wanted to get away from dependancy on oil you would have to live in a log cabin with an outhouse.

There is more here to go such as your car. What about hospitals?

I just wanted to pass this along to those that think that oil is just used for fuel. Fuel actually has a lower profit than the plastic made from oil.
I hope people will think about all the implications here
Thanks all

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The real dependancy on oil is the QUICK, EASY PROFIT

We've had solutions for years to solve the fuel 'crisis', BUT, there's SO much more easy money to be extracted quickly from the earth that the banksters won't stop until they've squeezed out every drop of profit.

Only then will the next generation of energy sources become available.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

You've got a good point, we do have to remember though that you only have to go back 50-100 years and more or less nothing was made of plastic and people certainly didn't live in log cabins.

I'm not even sure why we use the damn stuff so much, especially for packaging it seems unbelievably wasteful to wrap everything we buy in 3 or 4 layers of plastic and then put it in a plastic bag and drive home in an ostensibly plastic car

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by masterofnone

Yes it is all about profit of course. All buisiness is. What I wanted to show here is just how much humanity is dependent on oil. Like I said...Think about he implications of the fact that everything in our lives has oil use of some sort. PLASTIC, the real dependency.
Even cloths, paint, ect.....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LOL, Your right about the log cabin part
Thanks for your reply

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

You're so right. We're wasting an incredibly valuable resource, just burning it!

We don't even realize all the things derived from oil.... that would cost a furtune if it had to be made out of other ingredients and processes.

Medicines..... things as mundane as aspirin would cost 10 to 20 times their cost without oil

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
At the moment I just dont see anyway out of it.
What other recorse could we use? Are there any alternatives for todays industry?

new topics

top topics

join