It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it deniers are only looking to debunk certain theories?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
When the talk of explosives or the apprehended mossad agents comes up, then deniers are all over the thread.

However when a few people make posts of laserbeam satellites or no plane theories the deniers are absent. It is usually the people of the truther demografic who call those wild theories into question.

The 911 deniers mention them only when the talk turns to explosives again or eyewhitness accounts. Then they remind us that they read something about laserbeams somewhere and by that logic the NIST report is right and everybody else wrong.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
When the talk of explosives or the apprehended mossad agents comes up, then deniers are all over the thread.

However when a few people make posts of laserbeam satellites or no plane theories the deniers are absent. It is usually the people of the truther demografic who call those wild theories into question.

The 911 deniers mention them only when the talk turns to explosives again or eyewhitness accounts. Then they remind us that they read something about laserbeams somewhere and by that logic the NIST report is right and everybody else wrong.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

I've actually never seen anyone debunk the Israeli involvement in 911. lol. The resident debunkers like hooper and good ole dave choose to stick to little things to confuse and divert.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You are assuming that deniers deny every single official excuse during 911. Every single one. That is not a very productive assumption, as using that logic, one could say a believer believes every single official excuse during 911, which is equally ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Because "laserbeams from outer space" and "no plane" theories are so bats*** insane, that most of the regular truthers are usually quicker to debunk them.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Most people want to make the convenient choices in life. Sept. 11th being other than the official story isn't a convenient choice. It's hard accepting anything other than the original story because it was so tragic and mind blowing the day it happened that we took the first explanation we were given just to help us understand what occurred. Only after you start looking deeper you see that something is wrong. To many coincidences. To many questions with no answers.
If there isn't anything to hide then don't you think it would be wise to reopen the 911 investigation. The number of truthers isn't getting smaller and I doubt the truth movement is going away.

Denial isn't a river in Egypt.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i think what the OP is refering to, is that you can sort of tell among all the versions and the theories, that the ones closest to the truth are normally the ones constantly being attacked and denied on the regular.

when u are really crazy people just nod, laugh and move along, now when your crazyness is scoring some points and hiting some nerves, they still call u crazy, they still laugh alot, but they stand right there saying "but.." until you are convinced of theirs and shaky on your own beliefs.

from my years researching conspiracies, i always noticed sometimes the usefull and thruthfull information always came along with the bs and david icke's type of nonsense, so that one unaware would move along, and one more aware could tell apart the bs. back then i used to see it as a sort of protection the theorists themselves used to stay under the radar, sometimes its best to be descredited while still passing the info for those who can recognize it.

but now its totally inverted, conspiracy theories not only have gone popular they have become the next best thing.
and with that comes ALOT of disinfo and misinfo, and it makes sense, if i was a conspirator i would like to keep the people confused as possible, give them so many leads they dont know what to believe in anymore.

so now the best radar i have to smell what's real and what's not is the level of coordinated and dedicated attacks some certain theories get over others. well besides my own brain that is.

a good theorist thinks alot for himself yes, but he better watch how the waves move around him too.

for example, that's why bin laden talking about Global Warming and assange dismissing 9/11 raises so many red flags.

to the uninformed masses if the so called enemies of the system believe in those, they have to be real.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Well the fact is the debunkers bring up the crazy theories a lot more that the truthers do..

I could name one good ole poster that continually mentions everything from lasers, holograms, nukes and those damn fool conspiracy sites, in the majority of their posts..
Regardless of the fact they had not been mentioned by anyone else..

It's just a tactic to muddy the waters and deflect from the REAL questions...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Everyone should read this. It's from Rob Ager's website collativelearning.com.

How to make sense of conspiracy theories

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If any of those who deny the world trade center attacks on 9/11 actually researched it... they'd have nothing to deny! The facts are out there, those people just don't care to look for them. Most of these people are PRO AMERICA and still think that "the u.s. is the richest country in the world" HAAA Seriously? How many times have I heard that one and had to laugh! Look, for all of you idiots out there who want to deny the facts... check out World Trade Conspiracy Who's got the evidence now? I have an idea... let's trust the mainstream media! They don't lie or spin anything!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Everyone should read this. It's from Rob Ager's website collativelearning.com.

How to make sense of conspiracy theories

Brilliant article, it surelly covers up the whole deal, well almost, since its written this year sounds very actual, unbiased and covering the whole spectrum...

But how could it fail to mention 2012 at least once?
that is scary on itself

it can be resumed down to this though:

Like everything else in life, take it with a grain of salt.
edit on 19/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Like everything else in life, take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, including the OS and pretty much everything our Government tells us..
If nothing else, Wikileaks proved that much to be true..

No conspiracy there, just facts..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Yes, including the OS and pretty much everything our Government tells us..

"including"? i would say "specially"

Originally posted by backinblack

If nothing else, Wikileaks proved that much to be true..

Still Wikileaks hasn't shown anything quite "new", it only confirmed what some tinfoil-hat wearing bandwagon-jumping nut-case people have been saying for years...

And have you heard what those people have been saying lately?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Still Wikileaks hasn't shown anything quite "new", it only confirmed what some tinfoil-hat wearing bandwagon-jumping nut-case people have been saying for years...

And have you heard what those people have been saying lately?

That's true, no smoking guns but then not all has been released as yet..
But like I said, it did prove a lot of things that were considered CT's in the past..
Many now see their leaders for what they are, lieing scum..

Your last line I'm not sure what you mean...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

what i meant is if some of those people were right before, some of those people can be right now..
and if that is true, whatever truth it is, we are in for some deep... (words i cannot express in ATS)

what i mean now, is what happened to the good conspiracy theories, the ones we could survive

conspiracies are becoming deadlier by post.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Because most people are tired of debunking most conspiracy. It just goes in one ear and out of the other. Pointless talking to someone who will only believe what they want to believe and everyone else is a disinfo agent.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

what i meant is if some of those people were right before, some of those people can be right now..
and if that is true, whatever truth it is, we are in for some deep... (words i cannot express in ATS)

what i mean now, is what happened to the good conspiracy theories, the ones we could survive

conspiracies are becoming deadlier by post.

Ahh yes, now I get you..

It does seem to be all coming to a head..
It will not take much IMO to reach a tipping point..

The big question is, is it planned?
They seem to plan most things and it would be naive to think they are not planning for bwhat is now happening..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

generally speaking yes.

i think in ten years we have seen a build up, in 10 years the unthinkable has been thinked and executed, the world is a very different place right now, and its still changing, and changing too fast for those who are just enjoying the scenery and landscape to even notice, but those of us trying to peek where the tracks are actually leading us to.

we have seen the build up, and from here is nothing but a downhill run, whatever the outcome is, its speculated now, and generally none of the outcomes is looking too bright, so i see it coming down to people choosing and picking one of the lesser evils.

if the world is like chess, every pawn can smell a checkmate aproaching, still hard to tell to wich it will be.
all the pieces are slowly taking the predicted places.
whatever that is goin to happen, is already starting to happen now, that is obvious

and all this in timely fashion for the 2012... olympics of course.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I could not agree more with the OP's sentiment and its funny reading the individual posts in this thread. So many of you have said things that ran through my mind its kind of...interesting.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I've actually never seen anyone debunk the Israeli involvement in 911

Its kind of hard to "debunk" someone simply saying over and over and over again "Israel did it"!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
i think what the OP is refering to, is that you can sort of tell among all the versions and the theories, that the ones closest to the truth are normally the ones constantly being attacked and denied on the regular.

That's it in a nutshell, right there.

Originally posted by mayabong
I've actually never seen anyone debunk the Israeli involvement in 911.

Whether Israel had a hand in 9/11 or not is mostly irrelevant. It still would had to have been an inside job to allow a plane to strike the Pentagon, and get explosives set up in 3 WTC buildings.

edit on 19-12-2010 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join