It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'A new type of business McCarthyism' hunts WikiLeaks, site founder says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

'A new type of business McCarthyism' hunts WikiLeaks, site founder says

www.rawstory.com

"It's a new type of business McCarthyism in the US to deprive this organisation of the funds that it needs to survive, to deprive me personally of the funds that my lawyers need to protect me against extradition to the US or to Sweden," Assange told AFP.

The term, referring to allegations of treason or subversion without proof, was coined to describe the anti-communist pursuits of former US senator Joseph McCarthy from the late 1940s to the 1950s.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Agree to an extent, although I think this is something different as well.

As we can now see, this goes WELL beyond our ever-crooked pathologically lieing heathens in the gov, this extends all the way up the ladder to their corporate and Bankster masters.

It is now the Banksters and their servants, vs the 'little people', and the fight for truth, and freedom of information. The very freedom of the internet itself is at stake in all of this.

TPTB are showing their hands in all of this. I hope people are paying close attention. It has become increasingly transparent. I wonder what it will take for the masses to finally reach the tipping point?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
how can it be treason if he's not an american ?
if he's just a journalist, and the real culprit is in prison (without trial, i might add) , why is the press focusing solely on him? this is odd. do they not appreciate their freedom of press or are we gearing up for a form of freedom of press, where only one viewpoint is allowed?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Speculation Speculation, the American public has their heads pretty far up their asses to actually take a stand against any of this. They'll try to do it from their computer desks and couches. Nothing is going to come of this except more laws. Go back to sleep America. Bunch of lazy fat #s

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You're right, this is going to the top of the tree. Imo the release of the cables has hurt them and damaged them more than they are admitting. I don't believe it has put lives at risk - at least not the lives of innocent servicemen, and others. Nor do I think it has hurt real, decent diplomacy.

But I think it has hurt them in other ways. The cables only show one small part of a bigger picture, and I suspect that they might well have been exposed in some nasty double deals which those of us who aren't 'in the know' won't be aware of.

The statement about the bank disclosures coincided with a real ramp up in the viciousness too. Yes, I hope the world is watching all this carefully. One unexpected spin off from the leaks has been the way they are exposing themselves...and also shwoing themselves up in the eyes of much of the world too. It's almost embarrassing to watch.

In many ways the leaks are proving to be a body blow to the monsters...the tree is shaking and we are seeing more of who they are and how they operate.

Like Assange said before the release: 'Lights on. Rats out.'

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Giant corporations and banks are coming out against wikileaks big time. ahhhhh You hafta admire there patriotism dont ya ..................... wait a second here how dumb are we? This really makes me wonder what they are afraid of .

new topics

top topics

join