It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living off the grid...Track me if you can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This was a documentary I came across the other night on the Discovery Channel and I just found it on youtube. The guy Aton explains the steps to take if you really wanted to disconnect and live off the Grid. While he is showing the process he also shows the steps the Government or agencies would take. Some were things one would already think of like cleaning your computer of Pictures/Video, changing your appearance, and the process of disconnecting....Bank and Credit Card accounts, Video Accounts, but interesting enough he says to leave your Social Networking Accounts up, "They release the most intimate details about you than any other source and it's your biggest Vulnerability, but you can use it to your advantage. It's a classic spy trick. Disinformation. You've planted the idea your traveling to Alaska when in fact, it's the last place you intend to go."

He also mentions later on how it's best to use a laptop but the cons that come with it. Besides Webcam hacking, he shows how anyone can hack your keyboard and record the words you are typing in. Along with NSA tracking key words that are used during communication, your luggage tags having RFID chips to locate, food having RFID tracking devices, and your TIRES having RFID chips.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

He also mentions the Fusion Centers, NSA, Homeland security, and the tactics they use against you. Going out to a Public Place where Video Cameras are the least of your problems. How Fusion Centers are everywhere, at least 1 in every state. He mentions Biometric Meters, which any civilian can buy, and would analyze your facial features, measures the landscape of a persons face, the distance between your eyes, with a false reading of less than 1 in a Million!

It would really be alot of hard work in order to live off the Grid but at the end of the day, I dont think anyone can really live off the Radar, but this was still a very interesting show. What do you guys think about this?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why would anyone be looking for the average user of this forum? Seriously. If the government were ever looking for everyone who thinks they will be looking for them, they won't have the manpower because they will be looking for EVERYONE.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
the most earnest thing that comes to mind,mine anyway,but I have frequently been accused of not having one...........................................................................................

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GetToDaChoppah

And in this economy,the only thing one has to be concerned with is tech,since manpower is constantly being disposed of.

It isn't sustainable any way you try to view it.

One can collect infinite amounts of information,processing it is another thing altogether..

Mmmmmmk.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GetToDaChoppah

Why would anyone be looking for the average user of this forum? Seriously. If the government were ever looking for everyone who thinks they will be looking for them, they won't have the manpower because they will be looking for EVERYONE.

This forum as in ATS?
How do they not have the manpower?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ha Ha! They can't even find Osama bin Laden...

.... as far as you know...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

this might sound all good and everything....but most people cannot just go off the grid, unless of course you are already a millionaire and you don’t need to work to eat....pay bills, buy clothes, soaps, detergents, pay for that motel room he got or that car or gasoline for that car or the insurance for the car….etc.....yeah maybe one day people will be living in the caves hiding etc but currently were not there yet....no matter how many times you change your name, your not off the grid or in hiding...that is traceable paper work....some things this guy says makes me laugh.

here is one way if you are seriously off the grid....once you buy something from the store with cash only no cards at all, no bank accounts at all....cash only then you either take a bus, cab, or walk etc not go in your own car which can be traced back to you.....and then you need to transfer everything you bought into your own type of containers and or bags and throw away everything that has a chip in it prior to going to your home....but seriously once your eyes are in a camera you have been found again.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Shar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The problem with this whole scenerio is that everyone wants to go off-grid at home, or at least in their own country. Going off-grid will never work in an industrialized country, especially as programs such as "See Something, Say Something" starts to invade every aspect of our public lives and are suppoerted with portable police towers placed everywhere.

If you truly want to go off-grid, you are probably going to have to move to some backwater area of another country and become completely self-reliant.

Or become Amish.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by subversivemike
The problem with this whole scenerio is that everyone wants to go off-grid at home, or at least in their own country. Going off-grid will never work in an industrialized country, especially as programs such as "See Something, Say Something" starts to invade every aspect of our public lives and are suppoerted with portable police towers placed everywhere.

If you truly want to go off-grid, you are probably going to have to move to some backwater area of another country and become completely self-reliant.

Or become Amish.

Or live in a stable 3rd world country with a decent climate. I'm surprised more people aren't moving down to S. America...

top topics

join