It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News actually speaks the TRUTH about 9/11 First Responders Bill!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I can't believe it. Shepherd Smith has actually grown some testicular fortitude and gone an a tirade against the party line recently. He completely lambastes republicans for filibustering the bill to support the 9/11 first responders who are dying.

He has also recently stood up and supported Julian Assange and said that he needs to be protected, not executed. He said that he is embarrassed by the actions revealed by the cables, but that the response should be to look at our foreign policy, not to kill the messenger.

I am actually proud of him for doing the right thing. Unfortunately Fox will probably fire him for being a loose cannon.
edit on 18-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Of course fox will fire him for being out loud. However, then he has a case against fox and could win millions and he is a news reporter and not meant to be a news conspirator.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Great find, much appreciated. It's good to see at least one reporter stand up and show some courage for once.
S+F

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Of course Fox News is doing this to try and gain support, and after they have your viewership, they will unleash the propaganda.

I think we are entering a new age of intelligent propaganda, and subliminal programming.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

You obviously don't understand. Fox has actually completely IGNORED this issue up until today. Thats because republicans didn't want to pass it.

Your conspiracy doesn't fit the facts with this one, sorry. Shepherd is a loose cannon.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think it might be something to do with this

www.theblaze.com...

Snip

Sen. Rockefeller’s shared some thoughts that were not in his prepared remarks today. The West Virginia Democrat gave a mini-lecture on communications and journalism during a Senate hearing on retransmission consent:

Mr. Rockefeller spoke broadly about the ways he believes television is ailing, and in doing so he singled out the “endless barking” of cable news.

He said: “There’s a little bug inside of me which wants to get the F.C.C. to say to Fox and to MSNBC, ‘Out. Off. End. Goodbye.’ It would be a big favor to political discourse; to our ability to do our work here in Congress; and to the American people, to be able to talk with each other and have some faith in their government and, more importantly, in their future.”

Watch the speech on the link above.

I don't know what to make of this. What's going on?!!

edit on 18-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have to disagree I think Shep is one of the few that usually spouts out what needs to be said. His show is one of the few I actually enjoy watching on msm, give it a try it's usually a pretty well informed show. Plus he seems to have the ability to quite frequently get interrupted with police chases!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I think YOU have Fox News mistaken for NPR.

You know, the PUBLIC funded media that fired someone for having an opinion.

See, the problem with those that decry Fox usually do not watch any of it.

They get their interpretations from places like MSNBC, MediaMatters, HuffPo and other places.

You folks crack me up. At least the incoming representatives know where some budget cutting can be done in the upcoming session.

NPR, PBS and any other sources of public financed left wing media. Then we can watch the talking heads on the left explode. Then they will have to grovel at the feet of their spooky dude.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by DaRAGE

I think YOU have Fox News mistaken for NPR.

You know, the PUBLIC funded media that fired someone for having an opinion.

See, the problem with those that decry Fox usually do not watch any of it.

They get their interpretations from places like MSNBC, MediaMatters, HuffPo and other places.

You folks crack me up. At least the incoming representatives know where some budget cutting can be done in the upcoming session.

NPR, PBS and any other sources of public financed left wing media. Then we can watch the talking heads on the left explode. Then they will have to grovel at the feet of their spooky dude.

Blah Blah Blah "left wing media" Im so sick of hearing about the damn LEFT WING MEDIA.

NO SUCH THING EXISTS. ALL MEDIA IN THE US IS CENTRIST/RIGHT

Leftist media would constantly (and competently) talk about how the top 2% own 60% of the wealth in this country; left wing media would support anti-war rallies in DC. Left wing media would support labor strikes, and labor rallies in DC. How many FAR RIGHT talking points are there in the media on ALL channels, and how many FAR LEFT talking points on all channels? Usually, CNN and NPR will repeat over and over at least some of the far right, but NONE of the FAR LEFT.

They have you so brainwashed that you are fighting against an enemy that doesnt even exist.
edit on 19-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Oh, and by the way, the only reason this guy decided to grow the balls to finally cover this story is because the night before, on the daily show, jon stewart showed how NO ONE in america was covering the story that the Republicans were stalling this 9/11 first responders bill until the tax cuts for the top2% passed....not CNN, not MSNBC, not FOX (which proves my point from the previous post) but AL FREAKING JAZEERA covered it earlier in the week.

Lost in this story is the fact that the Republicans are disgusting hypocrites that have always used the 9/11 firemen and police for their propaganda, and now, when they actually had a chance to help them, they slapped them in the face.

Here, watch it here. Also, watch Huckabee get completely owned several times trying to stand up for the Republicans.

www.thedailyshow.com...
edit on 19-12-2010 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Im starting to think more and more that the people working at fox news just dont know any better and have thus far just refused to open their eyes. Recently alot of these reporters have been saying things that made me check which channel I was watching and I think it really started with genn beck. There is still the puppet pushed propaganda but all im saying is I think there are few good people that still work at fox news that havent sold the american people out... then again they are just reporters, not politicians.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Actually, Keith Olberman covered it. And Rachel Maddow. I can't speak for the rest of MSNBC. It's crazy that Olberman and Smith have been agreeing on so many points lately. And *actual* valid points.

Even Olberman has been a loose cannon (thats why MSNBC wanted to fire him), particularly in his bashing of Obama (especially the administrations handling of the wikileaks fiasco so far). Michael Moore was speaking a lot of truth on Keith's show the other day too. Moore has also been bashing Obama recently.

And even Glenn Beck has been speaking a lot of truth lately (on the wikileaks issue) . It's crazy. I don't agree with either party, but there have been people on both that are speaking the truth and agreeing on a lot of issues.

Seriously. Who would have thought that Ron Paul, Beck, Olberman, Shepherd Smith, and Michael Moore would all agree on the same highly debatable current issue (wikileaks)? Craziness.
Obama is a neocon, just for the record.

edit on 19-12-2010 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The entire GOP mandate in a nutshell :

1. Continue and guarantee that the top 10% of earners don't have to contribute a thing to the economy.
2. Continually allow the banks to do whatever the flip they want and to blindly give them another multi trillion dollar bailout package whenever they get a bug up their tail.
3. Continually send our jobs oversees which will double and triple the unemployment rates.
4. Engage us in an armed conflict with Iran and North Korea while keeping the Wars Over Energy going.
5. Deny people the basic right to essential services like Medicaid, Social Security and cancel all social programs effectively leaving those like me who are unable to hold down a 40 hour 5 day a week job to fend for ourselves!
6. Allow time and time again the poisoning of our food and water supply while protecting the companies that are harming us.
7. Kill off the electric and non petrolchemical powered transportation.
8. Allow for more foriegn influence into our process domestically (law passages, elections)
9. Kill off any non white people!
10. Kill our chance to compete on the world's stage while cutting public school education while leaving the private schools alone.
11. Turn this "War On Terrorism" into a "Holy War" between Islam-Muslim and Christian-Hebrew!
12. Allow time and time again your health insurance company the control to deny you and your family any treatment they want. < These are the real "Death Panels" a bunch of insurance company employees sitting around dictating who gets what coverage.
13. Do nothing about this immigrant issue so the multi trillion dollar lobbyists firms can contunally exploit them for cheap and dirt cheap labour all the while not demanding that any of it remains stateside all while evading the Federal Income Tax laws,
14. Allow you to lose your job and home for whatever reason your employer and lender dictates and not have the populous the right to challenge any claim.
15. Return to an era whereas an African American was legally declared 2/3 of a person and Women weren't allowed out of the kitchen, forget about having the right to own property, hold down a job, have a say in matters pertaining to thier own bodies, have the right to vote, be forced to endure consistant beatings and belittements if they didn't have dinner done in time, being subjected to forced spousal rape. Do y'all really want to subject your daughters, mothers, sisters, aunts to this? African Americans would be forced back into the cotton fields stripped of all rights, properties, jobs, and all money earned. McCain admitted this while on The View in Ear 08!

Not one peep from the entire Tea Baggers on this, "DADT", DREAM Act, Unemployment Benefits extensions and just about every peice of legislation that goes to benefit "We The People".

Racism against those who are not white plus racism against your own fellow countrymen shows how vile, disgusting and horrible the entire GOP is. Facts continue to speak for themselves.

Anyone who identifies as a Ultra Right Wing Neo Nazo Conservative is to now be equated with the likes of terrorists, Latin American Narcotics Cartels, al-Qaida as all are ANTI AMERICAN entities whose sole purpose and intention is to destroy the Untied States Of America so that the entire GOP can keep exploiting the immigrant who is just off the boat, tell a gay person they do not have the right to be happy.

The rise of Nazi-ism in America is here and it's the GOP! Kudos to Mr. Smith for getting behind something substaintial.

BTW, the GOP is banned from using the "9/11 Card' anymore as they have taken the memories of the 3,122 killed plus the near 40,000 victims, the near 25,000 first responders and the estimated 200,000 famly members who no longer have their loved one, the entire GOP has shown their true feelings that they only use people when it's politically convienent for them to do so and once they aren't useful anymore they get thrown away like yestetday's garbage. A tough pill that the entire Evangelical Christian movement in the US has to swallow a few yrs back as going from the "protected ones" to "yesterday's news". At least when a Dem says they stand with you, guess what, that same Dem will stand with you and your cause through the end and will see it to the end and does not participate in throwing honest and decent Americans to the wolves when it's politically convienent for then to do so. I am amongst the nearly 32,500,000 long term victims as my region smelled for 6 months. That is 32.5 Million people that will have some sort of long term incurable health problems who don't qualify for this coverage.

I see Mr. Smith's time at Fox News ending soon. This is what happens to those with the cahonnas to speak up and speak out, they get demonized, fired, trashed in the media. No GOP is a true patriot. Beck, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Palin, Bachman, McCain, will never do that ever.

(I labeled the TPM as Tea Baggers as that is what they are, nothing more and nothing less, perhaps if the entire movement actually got behind something that can help out everyone perhaps that could be reacquainted with being referred to as the great and legendary Tea Party Movement of yesteryear, but no modern incarnation of the entire group is deserving of a high honour as that. This is not considered a rant but a little reminder at history)
edit on 19-12-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join