It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gays issue. Are we in the West just another Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Gays issue. Are we in the West just another Iran?
In terms of hypocrisy that is.

www.youtube.com...

We seem to condemn Iran’s denigration and discrimination of Gays and women while at the same time forgetting that we do not give full equality to our own women and Gays and are indeed fighting these notions.

Are we just pots calling the kettle black in these issues while hypocritically doing the same as Iran and other countries who we are trying to preach to in terms of human rights?

I think that we are. We do not walk our talk so can we actually expect others to take our advise and lead when we ourselves do not live up to our own expectations?

Can we expect them to change their views which in a sense are more honest than our own?

www.cnn.com... eed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+Most+Recent%29

www.youtube.com...

Are Christians and Muslims world wide no better than the Iranian Muslims?
Are we just hypocrites and homophobes and chauvinists at heart?
Or,
Are we just bullies?

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
We seem to condemn Iran’s denigration and discrimination of Gays and women while at the same time forgetting that we do not give full equality to our own women and Gays and are indeed fighting these notions.

Well, there are degrees of discrimination and not granting "full equality" is a much different thing than persecution. It's the persecution that draws ire, because most everyone sees that as being wrong.

Are Christians and Muslims world wide no better than the Iranian Muslims?
Are we just hypocrites and homophobes and chauvinists at heart?

I'm an Orthodox Christian who supports equal rights for homosexuals, so the brush that you're painting with is a little broad. I would say that any Christian or Muslim who treats homosexuals as poorly as the Iranian government does is no better than them, yes, but the number of those is probably statistically insignificant.

Any person who treats another with cruelty and contempt is not following the teachings of Christ and so is not, regardless of what they claim, a Christian.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
they very doctrine of homosexuality goes against life, we are here to procreate...

In my opinion I live and let live when it comes to this, but there is a rising 'gay pride' issue that I can not deal with well because they are attacking that which is life. Everyone does not need to be like them or accept homosexuality.

Homosexuals are Atheists by definition because they do not understand these simple truths nor do they live and let live. Homosexuals have been shunned in all societies across all nationalities and only now in a free society they have a voice to spew their rhetoric on to others.

I do not thin Democratic countries are becoming like Iran when it comes to homosexuality, we used to never have a problem until gay-pride. they were naturally shunned but not violently acted upon by governmental institutions.

live and let live...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
Homosexuals are Atheists by definition

That is, without a doubt, one of the stupidest things that I've heard. It is completely without basis, prejudicial and disproven by myriads of homosexual theists, whose belief in God is not formed by their sexual orientation.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

well their version of the word is corrupted, we are here to procreate.

I do not have a problem with homosexuals individually this is just my response to their gay-pride...

pride anything is dictatorial, they wanted to know by asking then they will get my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Well, I'm not sure. I do realize that the west can treat homosexuals better. I live in the nation of Malta where homosexuals do have equal legal rights, but they aren't given equal treatment societally.

And gay marriage is miles off. Hell, we don't even have heterosexual divorce.

top topics

join