It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill C-36, passed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Were beyond the impeachment now, grease up the guillotine!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is really sad.
It is important we know who signed this bill, who is selling us out, and what their patterns are. We need to really take a look at these things and people to get an idea of what is to come of this.

Does anyone know who pushed for this bill and who is involved in passing it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by _R4t_

I need to address this though as I believe you don't quite understand what you are reading. The passage you are quoting is your right to have anything that was used against you to convict you of a crime that was gotten through unlawful or illegal methods by the authorities thrown out and to give you the chance to appeal your conviction. You are against the idea of being able to appeal a conviction.

In simpler terms, it means the law can't use evidence against you if it is deemed to be gotten through unlawful or illegal means. Trust me, that section is a good thing.

Yeah you are absolutely right, I had misread it last night I was burnt I just went over it again and realize it didn't make too much sence lol.

Thanks man

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

No worries.

Believe me, you should be angry and concerned that this bill has passed but don't misdirect your anger towards something that is meant to help us as citizens.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is it.

December 15, 2010
For immediate release

OTTAWA - Today, the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, federal Minister of Health, is pleased to announce that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA), has received Royal Assent, and is now Canadian law. "I am delighted our Government's Consumer Product Safety Act is now the law of the land," said Minister Aglukkaq. "This will give the Harper Government important new tools to deliver stronger, more effective protection for Canadian consumers and their families." The new CCPSA will better protect the health and safety of Canadians by: prohibiting the manufacture, importation, advertisement or sale of any consumer products that pose an unreasonable danger to human health or safety; requiring industry to report when they know about a serious incident, or death, related to their product to provide government with timely information about important product safety issues; requiring manufacturers or importers to provide test/study results on products when asked; allowing Health Canada to recall dangerous consumer products; and raising fines and penalties for non-compliance.

It was approved by ROYAL ASSENT!

What "Royal Assent" means in Canada...

This translates to... that either the PM or the Governor General (representative to the Queen of England) has made a prorogation of the House of Common (our legislative assembly), thus suspending ALL democratic decision process, AND decided by herself to pass the Bill!

You want something more despotic than that? Impossible... unless we'd had a self-apppinted emperor who makes laws on his own.

In other words: this was NOT even passed by politicians, but by the Monarch! This is a very, very bad joke, and the worst part is that it's for real.

While I knew that democracy was just a big farce, I still cannot contain by sadness and at how everything is going in the path of totalitarianism and nobody seems to be doign anything relevant againbst it. Where are the environmental groups??? The leftist reformists? Are they on sleeping pills?

So I'm asking you, OP or anybody else in here... what can an average person can do against this? What can I -and you- do?

There's gotta be something!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by _R4t_

No worries.

Believe me, you should be angry and concerned that this bill has passed but don't misdirect your anger towards something that is meant to help us as citizens.

To "help" you... HOW?

By FORCING the people to consume GMO food, or take pills from the big pharma industry?

According to this bill, farmers become punishable by Law if they dare producing and selling organic food without a license that restricts organic food.

We don't need this kind of "help". If you like being under a totalitarian rule, if you wanna be a sheep, and a slave of whoever who pretends to have power, that is YOUR problem, and I'm not gonna lecture you more about it... but there's millions of people in Canada (and elsewhere, since Bill C-36 is nothing else than a front of UN's Codex Alimentaris) who want to be in charge of their OWN body, and their OWN self!

They (and I) don't wanna be alienated in their rights towards THEMSELVES, by people who think they belong to 1933's Nazi Germany, of 1948's Stalinist Soviet Russia.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Mate, I was talking about the section of the charter that gives the right to challenge the evidence collected against us to make sure it was done legally and above board, not this bill.

As Canadians, we SHOULD be pissed that this passed.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

Mate, I was talking about the section of the charter that gives the right to challenge the evidence collected against us to make sure it was done legally and above board, not this bill.

As Canadians, we SHOULD be pissed that this passed.

Awright, I took your post out of context. But I'm somewhat in a state of shock right now...

Pissed off or deeply sad... don't know which to pick. It's getting VERY tempting to leave this country...
But running away is hardly a solution for anything.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is gonna creep up on us, wrap its tenticals firmly around our limbs, and squeeze us long before Canadians become conscious of what the government is doing to them.

Its the "normality bias". People dont want their precious lives to be bothered, or changed by political happenings,

Apparently putting things into context isnt sensible.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
show me where it says that the government will have the authority to ran sack they my home if they please. Show me where in bill c36 this happens.prove it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbones

read it yourself you lazybumb.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well this is gonna get me in trouble BUT WE JUST DONT GET IT!!!!!! CANADA IS NOT CANADA!!!!! Here is a quote from our constitution.

23. The Qualifications of a Senator shall be as follows:

(1) He shall be of the full age of Thirty Years:

(2) He shall be either a natural-born Subject of the Queen, or a Subject of the Queen naturalized by an Act of the Parliament of Great Britain, or of the Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, or of the Legislature of One of the Provinces of Upper Canada, Lower Canada, Canada, Nova Scotia, or New Brunswick, before the Union, or of the Parliament of Canada after the Union:

laws.justice.gc.ca...-ga:s_17

So, does this mean our voted politicians are not legitimate? You decide.

Check out this thread also:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

WE ARE NOT CANADIANS, OR AUSTRALIANS OR NEW ZEALANDERS(sorry if misspelled) , WE ARE A MONARCHY UNDER BRITISH RULE! Check out your constitution, do some research.

NONE ARE MORE HOPELESSLY
ENSLAVED THAN THOSE WHO
FALSELY BELIEVE THEY ARE FREE!

Well, I hope I wake up tomorrow morning, BUT I HOPE MORE PEOPLE WAKE UP TONIGHT!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I know, eh? Bullsh*t indeed!

I'm still trying to figure out how this can be overturned. The only thing I can think of at the moment is for our elected officials to challenge this new law and bring it to a vote in the senate. We need to write and communicate with our municipal,, provincial and federal reps about our displeasure with the tyranny of the monarch.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths

I know, eh? Bullsh*t indeed!

I'm still trying to figure out how this can be overturned. The only thing I can think of at the moment is for our elected officials to challenge this new law and bring it to a vote in the senate. We need to write and communicate with our municipal,, provincial and federal reps about our displeasure with the tyranny of the monarch.

The crappy thing is that opposition parties have all, already shown their anger at the "prorogation" process (that involves suspending the House of Commons, while being still able to pass laws... "rule by decree" in other words)... with no concrete results. Political outrage here anyways always turns out to be a joke, unless it is backed with a pragmatic political game to turn things in our favor.

The problem is that we are still in a constitutional MONARCHY (as the other poster noted), with the British colony, or "Dominion of Canada", still being the backbone of the entire political system, and the so-called "democracy" being some sort of baseless social contract. So the only solution would be through legal means (by going to Supreme Court), and by using old school colonial Law. That's the good (or bad) side with Canadian politics... it's that laws can be modified or trashed single-handedly through the Supreme Court when it's on constitutional issues (and this works better here than in the US!). But you need damn good lawyers for such a thing.

But if nothing's done, this means the government will be granted despotic power on our lives. I know they already had,but now they'll have damn better excuse for it, and that'll be within the scope of global totalitarianism, through Codex Alimentarix law. They'll now have officially the power to raid our house, our farm, or business on the sole presumption that you purchased or produced hazardous food and medicine.
edit on 25/12/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
After reading this post and then after what passed in the US last Sunday....seems both laws are quite closely related....that is what is going to make it easier when the NAU takes over.

There in lies the reasons that as little information as possible is being given to the citizenry. In the US, I have heard very little about the bill that passed...not much more than a quick blurb on the news and not much in the news papers.

The NAU appears to be a done deal that was probably agreed upon in one of the "G" summits. There is an agenda that must be met, a time line....and unfortunately we will see it accelerating even more.

It appears that Mexico and South America are possibly lagging behind some...then again....not too many people are saying much about the goings on down there...so they must be working behind the "hush-hush" curtain as well.

When terrorism is carried out from the inside, it makes it very difficult to prove or fight without looking like a terrorist as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join