It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaping Holes in Airline Security: Loaded Gun Slips Past TSA Screeners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well this is just great. While we are standing naked in the new and improved way, the obvious slips by in the old way. What is wrong with this picture? The good news is all my granny had was cookies....

Last fall, as he had done hundreds of times, Iranian-American businessman Farid Seif passed through security at a Houston airport and boarded an international flight. More Video 1 2 3 4 5 PreviousNext A Turkey Trot Watch: TSA Opt-Out Protest Plan VIDEO: Sharyn Alfonsi on whether airport security changes are affecting holiday travel. Watch: Is Airport Security Jamming Holiday Travel? VIDEO: Thanksgiving travelers face possible security gridlock at airports. Watch: Travel Tension: Opt Out Day Arrives He didn't realize he had forgotten to remove the loaded snub nose "baby" Glock pistol from his computer bag. But TSA officers never noticed as his bag glided along the belt and was x-rayed. When he got to his hotel after the three-hour flight, he was shocked to discover the gun traveled unnoticed from Houston. "It's just impossible to miss it, you know. I mean, this is not a small gun," Seif told ABC News. "How can you miss it? You cannot miss it."

Full Story with News Link

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
All I can do is laugh at their obvious charade of security. You have to take off your shoes, can't carry too many liquids, put your things in see through plastic bags, but a gun still gets through. There's no way they're going to stop a real, determined threat.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
well doesnt this prove that pat downs and screening isnt effective with regards to security?!

so in effect doesnt this prove that in fact these measures arent really in place for security and more to instil fear in people? and effectively "thrust" evasive measures on the populus!

my thoughts from the begining of this whole "tsa charad" was this.

crank up the security measures to full throttle then when people complain bring sed security measures down just a notch as to be more acceptable to the populus but significantly higher than they originally were?!

let the populus "get used" to it...so further evasive measures will be accepted and tollerated.

I understand the whole security thing, as to weed out terrorists etc, but when they are stripping 4 year olds and old women in wheelchairs they are going too far.

and now a gun has slipped past? ha!! idiocy!

just another step toward a complete fascist country....they will have cameras in your homes next...oh wait isnt that already happening?! *cough kinect cough*

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think they let it though on purpose. Now how to I come to this. Here is how. They back ground people and let people that they know are not a risk take things though and when it comes to light as they want it to it give them the ammo they need. They get to say" Hey look we need more money and more screening to stop this" and they get to make things even worse. It is an old trick I have seen many times before. You make your self look bad so you can get more. It is like the man that says he needs help because of a back problem and the next thing you know he has 10 people helping with his job and he has to do very little. Well I think the same thing may be going on here. If it looks like they need more money and more help and even tighter screening then they will get it. I may be totally off base here but the fact that people even say anything about something they got though makes me wonder. Like is this man not afraid that next time they will strip him butt naked and stick a camera up his rear and take apart everything he has with him. If I just happen to get something though (never flown by the way) I would never tell anyone about it.

top topics

join