It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Refresher Course

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Simply what exactly is expected to happen on 12 21 2010 or 10 28 2011 or 12 21 2012. I look at this stuff as often as I can but not that much as of late b/c of my job. I just skim through youtube looking for videos but all of them appear to be older.
End of the world this tuesday or the beginning of the end? I guess my main question is this: Is this end a actual end or is it a end for some but not for all?
When I woke today I got a call from a friend who drove the conversation to 2012 and I realized at that moment that I haven't been on abs in like a month and I haven't looked on youtube for 2012 schtuff for that same amount of time. So whilst talking to him I logged into abs and found a thread on 12 21 2010? Well. Thats just lovely. I mean I am a complete slacker when it comes to preparing. I had all these plans on what I would get but to be honest I only have flashlights batteries and househould items that could be makeshift weapons at any time.

So what is expected?

Uh also can the enlightened transcendentalists hold off on the we will transcend stuff b/c that to me is a more scary msg than any other.

Take this vid for example:

It was the vid that I saw when I searched 12 21 2010 end. It was posted in June of 2008 yet it has 2010 in its tags. Why is this? Was this inserted this year to get more views or was it placed there originally? I liked this video b/c the author goes through the Mayan 2012 prediction rather simplistically. However when he speaks of the last 2 stages I worry b/c he basically says we will be liberated from our physical form(not in so many words).
Sounds like a msg that you would give a child to allieviate the fear of death.

Thoughts on this?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
tbh im not sure lol

im not sure if im buying into the whole end of the world thing.

i heard that it was spose to be this tuesday lol people are getting freaked cuz its the winter solstice AND a full lunar eclipse, then there was something about our calanders being 2 years off meaning that the world wasnt ending in 2012 but instead 2010.

thus far i cant really see any natural causes as to why the world would end, unless we have a sudden earth crust displacement, we have been having lots of earthquakes lately, but i doubt it.

im pretty sure planet x is heading our way either as we would have seen it

ww3? hmmm nukes...not sure ..maybe? north korea are getting quite lippy and saying if south korea fire at them again they WILL use nukes....

but i cant really see any reason why the world would just end...can u?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Cool video, thanks for sharing it.

Conforms with a lot of other things I've heard before actually, especially in the details.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
On Dec 25 not 21, the cometary planet Nibiru shall be visible in the sky. Ten thousands of vimanas for the Annanaki and nephilim shall arrive at the sacred points on the earth such as stonehenge and machu pichu to take the Wholesome from the earth. and the serpents shall be let out of the hollow earth to devour the rest.

That is what shall happen it is the vision of all the seers and prophets in the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I've heard that we might get hit by a solar flare and it will fry the power grid. It happened in the 1800's but only fried telegraph lines and tree tops source Just think of the damage it would cause to our satellites! If all our satellites get fried that means no GPS, no early defense systems. We could easily get attacked by a foreign enemy.

Also a polar shift will take place survive2012.com...

It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subhuti
I've heard that we might get hit by a solar flare and it will fry the power grid. It happened in the 1800's but only fried telegraph lines and tree tops source Just think of the damage it would cause to our satellites! If all our satellites get fried that means no GPS, no early defense systems. We could easily get attacked by a foreign enemy.

Most satellites are hardened against solar interference. They're magnetically shielded and can be powered down to minimize or outright prevent radiation damage. The bigger threat is drag when the atmosphere expands, which is why more and more satellites are being launched into higher orbits.

The fires you refer to were sparked by shorted-out lines, not by the geomagnetic interference directly. The flash point of wood is around 300 °C. That'd be one heck of a sunburn.

Also a polar shift will take place survive2012.com...

There are numerous pole shift claims being made about 2012, and Geryl's just might be the craziest. He attributes his geophysical miracle to magnetism, but he seems ignorant of the fact that doing so does not mean he can just ignore the requisite energy. Invoking magnetism doesn't help, because the energy required to flip the core and reverse the rotation of the outer planetary layers remains the same as it would be when simply reversing angular momentum straightway. Energy is conserved. I can only speculate that Geryl missed the day they discussed this in his high school physics class.

Even if we were to ignore basic physics and assume Geryl's fanciful core-inversion/rotation-reversal could happen, the resulting event would not just cause apocalyptic tsunamis and earthquakes, but it would likely boil away the oceans and kill most life on the planet, assuming everything didn't just outright melt. That's a bit of a guess on my part, but the heat energy released would be positively monstrous in any event. Geryl wants to sell you a book on "How to Survive 2012," but apparently even he himself is oblivious to the implications of his claims.

Returning to reality for a moment, Earth's magnetic poles do move, and magnetic pole shifts do happen, but they are geomagnetic events. The core doesn't flip over. The Earth doesn't start spinning in the other direction. Also, these things can take upwards of thousands of years to occur.

Some preliminary data as of late has suggested that perhaps some reversals can occur in as little as a few years, but there's nothing conclusive yet. In fact, it's been found that Earth's poles moved as much as 30 degrees over the last 200 million years, but no rapid pole shift occurred during this time. Even if such a shift were to take place, there's no indication that the process would necessarily be harmful. We would have to recalibrate navigation equipment, and migratory animals might be confused. A drastically weakened field might increase our exposure to cosmic radiation, but this isn't a foregone conclusion with pole wander. The geomagnetic field could just as easily maintain a typical amount of flux during such a transition.

Most importantly, there is no indication that this will or even can happen in 2012, and no magical Geryl-esque cataclysm is possible, let alone imminent as he would have you believe.
edit on 28-12-2010 by UndeadDinosaur because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NahumTheCelestial

Nibiru is a hoax. It is demonstrably impossible for a new planet to exist in our solar system.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The change in the poles is a small change considering that 200Ma have gone by. The best evidence for a pole shift comes from 800Ma. That took 15 million years to occur. If you want to read the scientific discussions about pole shifts you need to look for TPW, which is true polar wander.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

The guy in the video is such a wing nut. The posters here at ATS where English is a second language have a far better grasp of English that the guy in the video. I love how he misuses simple words such as deep (the correct word was thick). When he shows a photo of the stone and says it is larger than it appears int he photo I started to giggle. What a goof ball.

There are no prophecies associated with the Mayan long count calendar. Nada, zippo, zero, big fat goose egg, nothing.

new topics

top topics

join