It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In historic vote, Senate moves to end 'don't ask, don't tell'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

In historic vote, Senate moves to end 'don't ask, don't tell'

www.csmonitor.com

The Senate Saturday voted to end a longstanding ban on gay troops serving openly in the US armed services – a move Democrats compare to President Truman’s ending the ban on racial segregation in the military in 1948.

“It is time to close this chapter in our history,” said President Obama in a statement. “It is time to recognize that sacrifice, valor and integrity are no more defined by sexual orientation than they are by race or gender, religion or creed. It is time to allow gay and...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I can hardly believe it, but FINALLY the last group to be discriminated against by the US military is now going to be accepted. From this point forward, any and all qualified people who desire to serve in our military can do so freely and openly. As both a US Veteran, and as a Gay American, I have not been prouder of my country in quite some time. Welcome to the 21st Century!

www.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Heya
got it before you here

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

No, you had a pre-vote article... The actual vote only occurred just over an hour ago... Go back and reread your article...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by SaturnFX

No, you had a pre-vote article... The actual vote only occurred just over an hour ago... Go back and reread your article...

Well ok...then I guess you can post here. Either way...Simpsons did it

new topics

top topics

join