It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange and Wikileaks trying to start a run on Bank of America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k

Originally posted by sp00n1
did you hear that wikileaks supporters donated $50,000 under the guise it would go to PFC. Manning's legal defense fund, then scumbag Assange spent it on his own defense?!

I presume you have some evidence to back up this claim....

No, i don't. Of course not. I just pull random facts and figures out of my ass.

Just because ABC NEWS Reports on NIGHTLINE that wikileaks' second-in-command and Julian Assange's (until recently) close confidant Daniel Schmidt has split with the group over Assange's bull#, that doesn't mean we shouldn't all be worshiping this great, ego-maniac of a man Assange... now does it?!

What's with all of the apologetics ATS?!?! What happened to deny ignorance?!?! There are plenty of very credible criticisms of Assange and yet all of these ATS fanatics sycophantically suck at the teat of their new overload.

It makes me sick to my ass!

edit on 12/18/2010 by sp00n1 because: spelin'

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Just because ABC NEWS Reports on NIGHTLINE that wikileaks' second-in-command and Julian Assange's (until recently) close confidant Daniel Schmidt has split with the group over Assange's bs, that doesn't mean we shouldn't all be worshiping this great, ego-maniac of a man Assange... now does it?!

By Daniel Schmidt, I assume you mean Daniel Domscheit-Berg.

After doing my research on Domscheit-Berg's site; Openleaks, what I find interesting is that their policy is to make decisions regarding which news outlets have direct access to the whistleblowers, rather than wikileaks' policy of anonymously accepting data and hosting it themselves, thereby acting as a layer of protection for their sources. That's only my opinion of the site, I don't know much about it's creator, but I suspect that he may be simply using wikileaks' notoriety as a launchpad for his personal success, as indicated by the title of his upcoming book, "Inside WikiLeaks: My Time at the World's Most Dangerous Website".

Originally posted by sp00n1 It makes me sick to my ass!

P.S. I hope your ass feels better soon

edit on 12/19/2010 by nasdack24k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
For what it is worth, I had a dream I kept hearing a bunch of bankers talk about predictive derivatives and they were explaining them. Of course, I have no idea at all what that is, never heard of it in my life and don't even pretend to understand such things.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

gee, lets totally just ignore the fact that mannings legal defense money went missing and make up some lame excuses. yup, there it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is possible that Assange will release info that would put all banking customers at risk and therefore is trying to do a few a favor with his tweets. B of A is not some innocent company, so don't feel too sorry for them.

Add to this, that in all the years I've been reading this stuff, there have been no bank runs, although many were predicted. People are just not as interested as we here might think.

Maybe all the ATS Bof A customers will be protected though, after reading this, but again, I am sure most ATS'rs do as little as the general public to safeguard themselves in the event of catastrophe.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i dont understand all of these people that bend over backwards to defend assange. its pretty clear this guy has a lot of things to hide, is a total narcissist that will stop at nothing to promote himself, and is not the good guy he wants us to think he is.

he holds the truth hostage to further his own agenda. he is not the hero we need him to be. i wish there was somebody out there willing to expose the governments misdeeds and hold them accountable but assange is not it.

Julian Assange is a demigod, and a demagogue.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Getting back on topic... Julian Assange claims he has a hard drive from a top executive which contains all of their top level communications

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k

did you hear that wikileaks supporters donated $50,000 under the guise it would go to PFC. Manning's legal defense fund, then scumbag Assange spent it on his own defense?!

I presume you have some evidence to back up this claim....

No, i don't. Of course not. I just pull random facts and figures out of my ass.

Just because ABC NEWS Reports on NIGHTLINE that wikileaks' second-in-command and Julian Assange's (until recently) close confidant Daniel Schmidt has split with the group over Assange's bull#, that doesn't mean we shouldn't all be worshiping this great, ego-maniac of a man Assange... now does it?!

What's with all of the apologetics ATS?!?! What happened to deny ignorance?!?! There are plenty of very credible criticisms of Assange and yet all of these ATS fanatics sycophantically suck at the teat of their new overload.

It makes me sick to my ass!

edit on 12/18/2010 by sp00n1 because: spelin'

I just watched a documentary, and the guy said

they split because Assange was going after the US and this guy did not want to go to the big ones, he wanted to get after the little guys

but I think Assange is doing the right thing, he tried to stop the war, and thats the thing the guy who released wanted him to do, maximum impact!

it looks like this guy may be receiving some $$ from the US government to press Assange and others to give up on this pursuit against the war

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

the guy was right

even if wikileaks dies today, others will start doing it tomorrow

so, the only way is to secure your system, but even then ... things can come out

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ok, So what kind of person is willing to risk everything to set up a system that leaks material that most media outlets will not touch unless they think someone else will get the scoop before them. It would be a person who has a huge ego and probably not really worried about thinking about reality.

IMO the great idea's are not invented by them but it takes someone like that to have the insanity or the B@ll's to make it happen. If it is a social mile stone then they will be attacked and if you don't have an inside track to what is really going on then you cannot tell what is propaganda and what is fact. Time will "hopefully" show us the truth. But then again the winner's, write history. But I digress.

Just keep in mind that there are many forces acting on the wikileaks staff etc. The news outlets are not our friends and have their own motivations. As well as those involved within Wikileaks. The Cables are USG documents and they are not fact and USG documents are not always stating facts and many times reflect what the USG wants to hear. It's an insight into the Gov not fact. Many facts may be revealed but it is swayed. Just as anything that Wikileaks puts out as a statement is most likely swayed to their point of view.

When you tell a story to your friends do you not pump up the facts that make your point of view. It's just human nature. You may not lie but you may put more importance in something that another individual may not.

I just hope that the wait on the BOA documents is not a publicity stunt, but waiting for outside organizations (Press, etc) reviewing the docs and making sure they are real and not fabricated.

Ok enough rambling.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join