It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange and Wikileaks trying to start a run on Bank of America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
After Bank of America released a statement about withholding donations from Wikileaks, it appears wikileaks is preparing to release potentially destructive information about the crooked on goings inside BoA

"Bank of America joins in the actions previously announced by MasterCard, PayPal, Visa Europe and others and will not process transactions of any type that we have reason to believe are intended for WikiLeaks," the bank said in a statement.

"This decision is based upon our reasonable belief that WikiLeaks may be engaged in activities that are, among other things, inconsistent with our internal policies for processing payments."
SOURCE

In retaliation to BoA's statement, Assange responded with the intention to start a massive run on Bank of America with hidden information yet to be released by wikileaks. Wikileaks and Assange are urging that people pull their money out of bank of america and put it 'somewhere safer' before the banking information gets released in january.

In tweets recently releases, wikileaks states;

We ask that all people who love freedom close out their accounts at Bank of America.
SOURCE

and

Does your business do business with Bank of America? Our advise is to place your funds somewhere safer.
SOURCE

it appears they know something we dont

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Already did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although most people will not be as fortunate as me, I still hope that it is not too late for others to save themselves from these fraudulent bankers. $&F

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I hope we all get to know what the big secret is, and soon. The suspense is killing me!

Hope everyone has got a modest stash of cash in small notes on hand. We've had some mysterious banking outages here in Australia lately. One lasted nearly a week at National Australia Bank, then the next week the Commonwealth Bank had a "glitch". These are two out of our big four banks.

I'm trying to pay for most things with cash lately as digi-dollars are making me increasingly nervous.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Are you back from Iraq, or posting from there?

Btw congratulations on your stand.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I stopped doing business with these crooks a long time ago. However, i have to question assange's motivations as there is clearly a conflict of interest. The truth should never be held hostage to some petty squabble.

Now people might not take the information seriously, and its just as unethical to withhold this information for purposes of blackmail as it would be for a doctor not to tell a patient they have a serious disease and it can be treated.

I am looking forward to getting the info none-the-less.

Bank of America, JP Morgan, Goldman Sucks... good riddance. They brought this on themselves.

And the politicians that bailed them out?! Don't get me started. With those $3.3 TRILLION they could have bailed out all of the debtors directly, instead of just handing the money over to the banksters that created this mess. The bankers would have still gotten bailed out but so would the homeowners and taxpayers that are paying to fix the mess! And we would have actually seen a real economic recovery by now instead of all of this propaganda about 'green shoots' and a 'jobless recovery' and all of these crooked goverment statistics that conveniently dont reflect the real unemployment rate or inflation. They changed the methodologies used to report unemployment and inflation for political reasons. If we measured unemployment and inflation the same way we did during the great depression, or in the 1970's when Volcker was the Fed chair, we would see double digit inflation and unemployment over 25%.... worse than the great depression.

Not to mention all of the crumbing infrastructure in this country. Bridges are collapsing and the power grid was outdated back in the 1970's and now its completely obsolete. India has more high speed broadband internet per capita with their 1.5 billion people than the US. How about created 30 million jobs on critical infrastructure projects instead of buying these banksters a new maserati and that fifth italian villa that they cant live without.

How did we ever let things get this bad?!!?
edit on 12/18/2010 by sp00n1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Came back last April and no im not there anymore. Just felt like the right thing to do since these banks always charge you more for money that they borrowed from someone else. Makes me think I should get a safe should SHTF but where can I get one for cheap?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by heffo7

Makes me think I should get a safe should SHTF but where can I get one for cheap?

Define 'cheap'. and define 'safe'.

a fire proof safe is not meant to keep out burglars, and vice versa. You can get good safes for anywhere from $50 - $5000 depending on size and security. Hardware stores, office supply stores, sporting goods stores.

I like gun safes, the are big and heavy which makes them hard to move, and they offer a good mix of fire and burglar protection. usually go from $300 - $2000 new. You can get great bargains on used safes.

It may seem counter intuitive, but sometimes the best security is no security. Hide things in plain sight and dont draw attention. Precious metals like gold are easy to hide. A 1 oz coin is worth about $1550 at current premiums. Its incredibly easy to hide away $10,000 in gold in light switches, crawl spaces, ventilation, under drawers, buried under the shed, dropped into a drain pipe with a very fine piece of high strength fishing line for easy retrieval.

Don't let these banksters think that you depend on them more than they depend on you.

Also, anywhere outside of these big MNC banks is probably safer than keeping your money in them.

I should also add; look for smaller banks and credit unions. Locally owners CU's and Savings and Loans tend to be a far better option than Megabank, INC. These smaller, local banks are owned by your friends and neighbors, operate within the community, and the profits tend to stay local and reinvest in other locally owned small-businesses. Don't underestimate the social benefits you buy when you deal with locally owned businesses.
edit on 12/18/2010 by sp00n1 because: CCCUs

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I dont think he is tryin to start a run on the banks. I think he is warning peeps to remove there money for there saftey. Cas he is going to release the info...

kx

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Cheap as in cost effective and safe as in not gonna get into my cash flow criminals! However It seems like history will repeat itself when people can't get a bailout but banks can always have a helping hand from the government.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Well, they did state, "We ask that all people who love freedom close out their accounts at Bank of America."

So, its seems to be at least, in part, motivated by their decision to withhold funding.

Although it does seem that there may be elements of both motivations.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I would get a large steel box, then put on a couple of big ass, beefy padlocks that are rated to withstand shotgun blasts.

kinda like this

or this

...or this...

Then you fill 'er up with a butt load of silver and ammo so its way too heavy to move. Keep it in your basement and that thing ain't going nowhere fast.

Or you could look at Cabela's selection for some ideas. Check local craigslistings and ebay or newspaper classifieds to see if anybody is selling.
edit on 12/18/2010 by sp00n1 because: links

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Is he going to reveal that I have 52 bucks in my BoA account

I should transfer that money to steve jobs soon

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What could they release that isn't already confirmed about the banks?
There would need to be some quote by the BoA president such as
"Haha, Americans are our slaves and they can't do anything to stop us.
We own their president, their congress, their media, and their houses. And they own
worthless scraps of paper that we created, while we kept all of the gold. HAHAHAHAHA,
I am their god, and soon I will control who lives and who dies."

Hell most of the stuff in the "quote" is confirmed already.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

ive heard rumors that bank of america is deeply involved in some huge derivatives positions (over $40 TRILLION), including shorting the precious metals. And bank in july the LBMA nearly defaulted on delivery of gold contracts and BoA almost went down with them. There were some last minute finaglings with the US FED and the Bank of International Settlements to just barely save BoA and the LBMA by finding gold for them to deliver.

Im sure the diplomats from the US and Europe all had quite a bit to say about the situation. And when Americans realize that Bank of America pretty much COLLAPSED a few month ago, save a last minute stay of execution from the Federal Reserve, a lot of people are going to realize that things are much, much worse than what the politicians and bureaucrats are telling us.
edit on 12/18/2010 by sp00n1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aNdReSk

it wont matter for long. according to wikileaks soon you will only have ZERO account balance, and yes, everyone will know.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
great thread; I wonder if this is going to speed up the collapse of the financial system.

I hope more then anything that these crooks in the banks are brought to justice.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I dont think he is tryin to start a run on the banks. I think he is warning peeps to remove there money for there saftey. Cas he is going to release the info...

kx

Telling people to remove their money from a bank IS THE SAME as trying to start a run on the bank.

He's basically telling people that the bank might not be stable and time to get your money out. That sounds the same as a run to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by purplemer

kx

Telling people to remove their money from a bank IS THE SAME as trying to start a run on the bank.

He's basically telling people that the bank might not be stable and time to get your money out. That sounds the same as a run to me.

I agree. Quite frankly, i cannot recommend anybody do business with these banksters but i fear Assange is hijacking the popular discontent to further his own celebrity. the guy seems like a bit of a douchebag to me.... and did you hear that wikileaks supporters donated $50,000 under the guise it would go to PFC. Manning's legal defense fund, then scumbag Assange spent it on his own defense?!

I like the idea of wikileaks but if there is a lesson to learn, its that nobody is above suspicion, especially Assange.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It will be Christmas soon. A time of family gatherings, a season of glad tidings, holidays, rest and festive cheer, a critical period for many around the world to touch base.

Such are the importance with our gift of life and love. To spend time with those we love and whom love us. Love will be our strengths to face what is to come.

And what is to come will be the battle to unmask TPTB. They were born of greed, amass great wealth and such wealth sought to use it to manipulate and control the direction of mankind's evolution, instead of fulfilling our destiny on our own eventual egalitarian progress and evolution, but made humanity slaves.

It is not all doom and gloom. It need not be, and never will be so long as we have love. It is only a battle to come, better this generation than the innocent next, while we humans are at the apex of mortal's knowledge and tools allowed before it is taken away.

Treasure and cherish these times of rest. The next time will be when we mankind had won, and may we have that 'next time'.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
did you hear that wikileaks supporters donated $50,000 under the guise it would go to PFC. Manning's legal defense fund, then scumbag Assange spent it on his own defense?!

I presume you have some evidence to back up this claim....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join