It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and meetings from SBCTinfantry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Again in case you shoved it down the old 'memory hole', I am SBCTinfantry. I have wandered these parts for a few years now and finally decided to seal the deal and become a card-carrying member of the ATS community. Hopefully I can bring useful information and insight as many other posters have so graciously given to me.

I will start with my background:

Former Occupation : Infantryman
Job Scope : Stryker Brigade Dismount and Team Leader with expertise as a 'Breach Man', allowing me to work with forms of explosives used for dynamic entry and suppression. I also spent time as the SSE (Sensitive Site Exploitation) point man, so I am skilled in collection of evidence at a crime scene such as bomb detection, PIR/SIR/IR (Primary/Secondary/Intelligence Requirements), and patterns of conduct. During my time in a Stryker Brigade Combat Team, when the interior and operations of the vehicle were a closely guarded secret, I was allowed to work with some very 'interesting and dynamic' persons of interest. I have been involved in non-stop combat in the limits of Sadr City, Iraq, the 'Battle of Zarqa (Also known as the 'Battle of Najaf', though commonly confused with other engagements in that area) which essentially was my unit bailing out Rangers, SF, and some pilots, countless clearing missions, and innumerable firefights. I was injured in the line of duty while participating in combat operations and will not speak on this forum regarding the scenario that led to those injuries unless a moderator needs to corroborate my background. I can produce my last military ID, VA Card, DD 214 and retired pay stubs to prove my status (again only to a moderater and with written consent to destroy after viewing). My official MOS Designator is 11B1P, while I can also provide an 18 Series identifier and supporting documentation to a moderator under the same previous written consent and destruction mentioned.

I can't talk too much about the classified materials I have handled/seen but I try to stay on top of leaks that will allow me to corroborate other persons/materials.

Demeanor : Calm, cool, collected.

Reason for Membership : To spread knowledge of and validate leaks when possible. I am also researching material on this site and others to put together a possible book in the future, though I am not exactly sure that is the medium I want to use at this time. Otherwise, to join in conversation, discussion and general skepticism. I relish a challenge and will never be afraid to accept fact when it hurts my own views or opinions.

If you never decide to reply or otherwise engage in discussion I leave you with this quote from a man not to be forgotten in his death :

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, 'Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride'... And we... kill those people."

- Bill Hicks

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Officially, welcome.
Bill Hicks is the man.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
More of a man outside himself and time. Timeless and honest in painful ways that take a long time to heal. Don't get me wrong, he was incredible, but we must guard against becoming followers to a narrow ideal and rather truely open our eyes and see the larger scope of what he was trying to communicate to an audience in a certain period of time. Truth is everlasting, but it's venue constantly changes. The great truths never die, but only wear different masks.
edit on 18-12-2010 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

join