It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented' Drone Assault: 58 Strikes in 102 Days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
That's such a paranoid schizophrenic perspective....

Only if you're Godless ...

As an example: I teach psychology at the graduate level. One of my students was commenting to another student about a client she had that she thought was delusional and may need hospitalization. When I asked her why, she reported that the client believed that she was living in hell and was quite convinced of it. I explained to the student that belief alone, in the absence of other indicators (such as decline in functionality) was not necessarily an indication of mental disorder. I shared with the student that a week earlier, my husband and I had engaged in a discussion on whether or not it was possible that we were really dead and this world that we believed we lived in was, in fact, "hell". After discussing a number of issues, such as what can be found in the OP (i.e., man's inhumanity to man), the general state of world affairs, mixed in with a bit of classical philosophy, spirituality and quantum physics, we estimated the probability at approximately 10%. An atheist, unable to accept this possibility because of his restricted world view, may well have simply diagnosed this woman as a paranoid schizophrenic and, at minimum, medicated her in the hopes of having her thinking better conform to a materialistic mindset. Unfortunately, much of psychiatry is functioning like that today.

edit on 19-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by Gogs247
Drones are the way ahead. They are cheaper than using manned planes and on par as far as accuracy goes. Makes sense to me.

My god, this is horrendous. I just cannot imagine what those people must be experiencing and feeling. Can anyone blame them for hating US?

When is this insane barbarity going to stop.

Not to sound too morbid, but they honestly feel nothing, by the time they have an indication that they are targeted well at best the know a split second before it hits.

Dying quickly is better than dying slowly, but that doesn't make it alright. These tricksters change the name from mass murder to war and that makes it palatable to the world. It's mass murder. How would the world react if these monsters told the truth and announced thy were going to send the troops to commit Mass Murder in Afghanistan...it sounds very different from saying we're going to war with Afghanistan. It's simply the play on words which makes it 'acceptable'. It is not acceptable, it's barbaric.

Simple question,

Would you have wanted to carpet bomb Iraq , Afghanistan or use the benefits of surgical strikes ?

By no means can carpet bombings in the Vietnam war be compared to those used during the ww2, we are talking about completely wiping out cities from existence were as carpet bombings in vietnam were not performed over densely populated cities.

Carpet bombing is the large scale bombing of large targets e.g cities,[1] usually by dropping many unguided bombs. The tactic aims for complete destruction of a target region, either to destroy personnel and materiel, or as a means of demoralizing the enemy (see terror bombing). The phrase invokes the image of bombs completely covering an area, in the same way that a carpet covers a floor.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

You're justifying bombing people. It doesn't matter if it is "drone surgical strikes" or "carpet bombing", it is all bombing which kills people. Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Just so we can all be perfectly clear on this subject.
Are you saying that killing is wrong?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by tristar

You're justifying bombing people. It doesn't matter if it is "drone surgical strikes" or "carpet bombing", it is all bombing which kills people. Pathetic.

I wont agree with you for the fact that carpet bombing is in fact mass murder at its core were as surgical strikes limit the degree of casualties to combat or combat related units. Although we are talking about bombing and as sad and real as it is, non combatants are also casualties it just what war is all about.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Drones are the way ahead. They are cheaper than using manned planes and on par as far as accuracy goes. Makes sense to me.

My god, this is horrendous. I just cannot imagine what those people must be experiencing and feeling. Can anyone blame them for hating US?

When they give up Bin Laden....

Until then... we will send drones

How come YOUR US troops, stopped the UK SAS from getting Bin Laden then?

And why isn't he on the most wanted list? And why did YOUR government allow the Bin laden family to fly away after 9/11?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One step removed.
The use of UAV's has been debated in full , however now they are either self contained on station, a preprogrammed flight or piloted from a US base in the USA, this way the pilot comes to "work" in the morning then just goes home to his family at night. I feel making the decision to attack much easier . therefore more attacks ??

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Lizard
To answer two of your questions, it is bin laden who is wanted, not his family.
You are wrong about the most wanted list, as he is on it.
I would not know anything about the last.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

When they give up Bin Laden....

Until then... we will send drones

Right, that would be the Bin Laden who is dead!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Bin Laden is on the most wanted list alright, BUT NOT FOR 9/11 !! He is wanted for emnassy bombings in africa i believe...
The drones are there to stay....It is the only offensive weapon they can use in the tribal areas.
The military is not going to give that up.
Even if they get yo invade these tribal areas, i figure the drones will be too useful as recon and interdiction instruments.
When the Taliban was on the run in afghanistan,the drones were taking out columns of fighters(possibly even OBL was targeted,even perhaps was killed then.)
I fully expect those same drones will be employed against US whan the time comes for martial law here......

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

That's such a paranoid schizophrenic perspective....

Only if you're Godless ...

As an example: I teach psychology at the graduate level. One of my students was commenting to another student about a client she had that she thought was delusional and may need hospitalization. When I asked her why, she reported that the client believed that she was living in hell and was quite convinced of it. I explained to the student that belief alone, in the absence of other indicators (such as decline in functionality) was not necessarily an indication of mental disorder. I shared with the student that a week earlier, my husband and I had engaged in a discussion on whether or not it was possible that we were really dead and this world that we believed we lived in was, in fact, "hell". After discussing a number of issues, such as what can be found in the OP (i.e., man's inhumanity to man), the general state of world affairs, mixed in with a bit of classical philosophy, spirituality and quantum physics, we estimated the probability at approximately 10%. An atheist, unable to accept this possibility because of his restricted world view, may well have simply diagnosed this woman as a paranoid schizophrenic and, at minimum, medicated her in the hopes of having her thinking better conform to a materialistic mindset. Unfortunately, much of psychiatry is functioning like that today.

edit on 19-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

Wow, for all of that you totally missed the capability of the human to decide how they feel about things...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Just so we can all be perfectly clear on this subject.
Are you saying that killing is wrong?

Yeah I am. Is this not clear to everyone? I thought it is common sense that killing is detrimental to humanity, and it really only hinders us; this is why I strive for a world where we don't have to kill each other, and where we can use our differences as incentive to advance our entire species, not to kill ourselves off.

The very fact that the Americans are cowards who use UAVs to attack tribal areas is one that karma will not take lightly. Why do Americans need to train suicide bombers to bomb enemies and civilians when they can afford drones to do the same thing? It is the same thing, yet the suicide bombers that the Americans are supposedly attacking with drones have much more balls than most people on the face of this planet.

Would you blow yourself up for your cause, or would you operate a joystick and press some buttons?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

The very fact that the Americans are cowards who use UAVs to attack tribal areas is one that karma will not take lightly. Why do Americans need to train suicide bombers to bomb enemies and civilians when they can afford drones to do the same thing? It is the same thing, yet the suicide bombers that the Americans are supposedly attacking with drones have much more balls than most people on the face of this planet.

Would you blow yourself up for your cause, or would you operate a joystick and press some buttons?
I

Hello again,

Perhaps you fail to see the difference here,

Suicide bombers do NOT distinguish a civilian or military target.
Drones ( UAV'S) are used as a military tool for a military purpose and not to target any civilian.

As far as balls as you so call it, well i would more or less point out the use of terrorism is anything but having balls. But i guess that is the only option left to any group of fanatics who simply do not have the ability to go head to head with any military force.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I considered suicide bombers who blow up mosques and in markets amongst civilians as heroes. No doubt you agree with me.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
they should make a website so we can all have a shot of the drones. I'd let the experts pick out the targets then 1 mouse click from me and its bye bye jihadists

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

I

Hello again,

Perhaps you fail to see the difference here,

Suicide bombers do NOT distinguish a civilian or military target.
Drones ( UAV'S) are used as a military tool for a military purpose and not to target any civilian.

As far as balls as you so call it, well i would more or less point out the use of terrorism is anything but having balls. But i guess that is the only option left to any group of fanatics who simply do not have the ability to go head to head with any military force.

Completely ridiculous. You're trying to tell me that a drone firing a Hellfire ATGM from 10,000ft distinguishes its target better than a suicide bomber who is standing among their targets? What a suicide bomber targets is based solely at their discretion and is an ideological one; I despise anyone who thinks you need "surgical" warfare, you speak like you are sterilizing a friggin' disease or something.

American cruise missiles and drone strikes have been known to routinely strike crowded areas like markets and indiscriminately kill random people perceived as targets because they appear to look like "terrorists" from 10,000ft away. It's a proven fact that the CIA was paying cash to random civilians to place drone targeting beacons at target locations (and most of the time the operatives would take the money and dump the beacon in indiscriminate locations). There's also been more than a few cases where American missiles strike a crowded location and afterwards when there's a hundred dead civvies laying around, the Americans will blame it on a suicide bomber.

There is no way in hell that drone strikes are discriminate. This may be the case if you're fighting a conventional enemy who has bunkers and known military positions, not when the CIA targets a couple of "terrorists" in random houses with many more civilians inside. Then people have the audacity to say that the "terrorists" are using human shields.

Man, I can't wait until the US faces a real, technological threat. UAVs would be hacked and turned against them. I've heard of very rare instances of some operatives even remotely commandeering a Predator, if not only to see through its camera.

they should make a website so we can all have a shot of the drones. I'd let the experts pick out the targets then 1 mouse click from me and its bye bye jihadists

You mean like how there are American websites where you can be in one state and remotely hunt deer in another with a keyboard? Same principal, still cowardly.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
my favourite drone strike was when they got a group of taliban then about an hour later when the rest had gathered to bury them at the funeral the drone struck again at the funeral party.

edit on 20-12-2010 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

you dont seem to understand the concept of war. Its about killing the enemy without being killed yourself. Words like "cowardly" mean nothing in resepct to how you win a war or kill the enemy.

You want everyone to drop their weapons and go hand to hand combat? how about like midevil times horses & archers acceptable?

Unfortunately for terry taliban we have things like drones, bombers, cruise missiles, satelites, night vvision goggles. etc etc if terry had those he would use them. He doesnt unlucky for him.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
my favourite drone strike was when they got a group of taliban then about an hour later when the rest had gathered to bury them at the funeral the drone struck again at the funeral party.

Yeah, really respectful of your enemy. No wonder why they want to kill Americans now. Douchebag

You want everyone to drop their weapons and go hand to hand combat? how about like midevil times horses & archers acceptable?

Less people would die. Anyone who chooses to fight will understand the concept of war instead of how to press a button to kill people. Heroes will lead soldiers and determine the outcome of war by their will, unlike corporations that control the US war machine.

So yes, I would rather wars be settled by real men with swords.

you dont seem to understand the concept of war. Its about killing the enemy without being killed yourself. Words like "cowardly" mean nothing in resepct to how you win a war or kill the enemy.

Unfortunately for terry taliban we have things like drones, bombers, cruise missiles, satelites, night vvision goggles. etc etc if terry had those he would use them. He doesnt unlucky for him.

Oh, so by your logic, suicide bombers are not cowardly because they ultimately kill their targets and because that is one of the few tactics that they have access too? Thanks for proving my statement.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

again showing the enemy respect is not a way to win a war. its like the ceasefires they have on ramadan i wouldnt do it. I'd keep bombing them.

i never said suicide bombers were cowardly. Any tactic is legitimate in warfare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join