It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented' Drone Assault: 58 Strikes in 102 Days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Unprecedented' Drone Assault: 58 Strikes in 102 Days

www.wired.com

It may take years, but some researcher will travel to Pakistan’s tribal areas and produce a definitive study on what it’s been like to live amidst an aerial bombardment from American pilotless aircraft. When that account inevitably comes out, it’s likely to find that 2010 — and especially the final quarter of 2010 — marked a turning point in how civilians coped with a drone war that turned relentless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
inquisitionnews.wordpress .com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Northrop's Euro Hawk Endures - Analyst Blog

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am posting this to show the point that the use of drones will seem to be the norm for a very long time, if this is any indication. The article goes on to talk about how the number of drone strikes has gone up in over the years, but most noticeably in the last quarter of this year. With a version of the Global Hawk being sold to Germany it seems the sky will be filled with these.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Drones are the way ahead. They are cheaper than using manned planes and on par as far as accuracy goes. Makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gogs247
Drones are the way ahead. They are cheaper than using manned planes and on par as far as accuracy goes. Makes sense to me.

My god, this is horrendous. I just cannot imagine what those people must be experiencing and feeling. Can anyone blame them for hating US?

When is this insane barbarity going to stop.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

wcitizen
not to get to far off topic but it will stop when people stop hating each other, killing each other, trying to change each others ideas, trying to change each others way of life, trying to changer each others beliefs.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

My god, this is horrendous. I just cannot imagine what those people must be experiencing and feeling. Can anyone blame them for hating US?

If it wasn't drones it would be manned aircraft - what's the difference when you are on the receiving end?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Not to sound too morbid, but they honestly feel nothing, by the time they have an indication that they are targeted well at best the know a split second before it hits.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I think that it is important to point out that these attacks have been ordered by barack obama and, to this point, are a little more than double the number of drone strikes conducted by the g w bush administration.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

wcitizen
not to get to far off topic but it will stop when people stop hating each other, killing each other, trying to change each others ideas, trying to change each others way of life, trying to changer each others beliefs.

Yes, I agree..but there's a worldwide gang of criminals who keep stoking the fires of hatred to keep it all going, and they own the media.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Not to sound too morbid, but they honestly feel nothing, by the time they have an indication that they are targeted well at best the know a split second before it hits.

Dying quickly is better than dying slowly, but that doesn't make it alright. These tricksters change the name from mass murder to war and that makes it palatable to the world. It's mass murder. How would the world react if these monsters told the truth and announced thy were going to send the troops to commit Mass Murder in Afghanistan...it sounds very different from saying we're going to war with Afghanistan. It's simply the play on words which makes it 'acceptable'. It is not acceptable, it's barbaric.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If it wasn't drones it would be manned aircraft - what's the difference when you are on the receiving end?

None - they are still barbaric weapons of mass murder.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Yes. I really get tired of the "evil humanity" and "we must love each other", etc. The fact is most of us do love each other -- it's these diabolical lunatic profiteers who have taken over the planet that are perpetrating this evil. And, they control the media -- could not have gotten to this point without those whores ...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

Yes. I really get tired of the "evil humanity" and "we must love each other", etc. The fact is most of us do love each other -- it's these diabolical lunatic profiteers who have taken over the planet that are perpetrating this evil. And, they control the media -- could not have gotten to this point without those whores ...

Thanks for that comment, I had one of those 'aha' moments when I read it. Its so true. I've read many, many times that TPTB are behind mamy new age movements, but couldn't quite grasp why, if it was true, they would be doing that. Reading your reply it suddenly dawned on me it is to make us feel as though the problem is our fault - and direct attention away from what they are doing. I've said many times that most of humanity are decent, good hearted people... so yes, we do need to keep developing a more loving society - but they've hijacked spirituality to make us believe it's our fault, when 99% of the problems are caused by the diabolical lunatics.

One more trick they are playing on humanity! We have a bunch of religions telling us we are born in sin, and another bunch telling us the world is bad because it's due to our own lack of love.! The message is constantly that we humans are not good enough.

Another trick!

The true spiritual teachings, I believe, are those which tell us we are all part of the divine..all divine in our essence.

Well, thanks for promting that train of thought, much appreciated!

edit on 18-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
hay! this new VIDEO game is great!
it is so life like.

the soldier sits at a games console and plays a game.

they have taken out the feeling of the
men women and children that he is killing.

and wars are great to test new weapons.
war is the best way for them to get more money.

for them on the ground. it is demons in the sky.
the Doodlebug is a little like it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Thanks for your kind words

We can probably take it up even another level. Remember, the Devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist ...

edit on 18-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: reply to

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Murder by remote control... Makes it easier for them to sleep not having to see the faces of their victims... The madness marches on... Techo-barbarians invading your neighborhood soon.. Why the hell cant america produce something that doesnt maim and kill people ?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

When they give up Bin Laden....

Until then... we will send drones

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

Thanks for your kind words

We can probably take it up even another level. Remember, the Devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist ...

edit on 18-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: reply to

That's such a paranoid schizophrenic perspective....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It is a tactic used by cowards who are too afraid or unskilled to go and fight their themselves. I hope they get used to spending all of their combat capability to operating controls with their hands, because it will make them extremely vulnerable to real combat.

And gee, what do you think the civilians on the ground getting bombed think of when they KNOW that it is unmanned drones killing them, and that the bombers don't even have the balls to be there in person when they kill. How insulting that is.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Too bad being a coward has nothing to do with winning eh?

I'm not sure why some people use pejoratives to describe someone even though they have more might...

Probably just sour grapes I guess..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join